Hi everyone! After endless searches that have come up with no results, I come to ask a larger community in the hopes that you can help!

Here's the deal - I saw (what I remember to be) a Youtube video of a playthrough of a song by two talented guitarists. The music was very metal based and fast with some great finger and solo work. These are all the clues I can remember from the video:

+ They had these cool custom built 7 string guitars that they (or one of them) put socks (or a sweatband) over the nut/first fret and there might have been duct tape over the sock/sweatband.
+ There were two guitarists in this video - it was a play through of one of their songs (no vocals, I think for a preview of a new album). They were in a house
+ They were recently releasing an album and I am pretty sure it was blueish/turquoise with a pyramid type thing on the cover?
+ I think they were Canadian but I'm not 100%, just remember them possibly not being from the US.
+ They looked young. One I think was wearing a hat
+ This was around a few months ago
+ I can't remember but the video may have been split-screened while the two were playing/trading off

These are all of the fragments I can remember. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
alexstypes? try that channel

if not there's another one I can think of but the name is completely eluding me.
Tried those two suggestions and they weren't it. I realize this is a longshot, but I figure someone out there know it! To be honest I'm more of a classic rock/blues/jam guy myself, but this video had me impressed
YOu might be thinking of Animals as Leaders. Their songs have no vocals, their main guitarist uses an extended-range guitar and wears a hat, and their last album cover was blue.
Quote by @li@s H4nZu
Well the sweatband thingy got me thinking maybe Protest the Hero?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaFY01h0Pn0

Can you tell more about the guitars or the how their music sounded like?

Not quite. Their guitars were 7 strings and were custom built by someone (I don't recall the name). The music did have lyrics, I remember this was just a playthrough to one of the songs so it was focused just on the guitars.

They sounded more like a screaming type band, but heavy. The kids looked to be more of the "hip" style rather than a lot of these videos suggested.
Quote by theogonia777
If that's it TS, I suggest that you do listen to Rings of Saturn instead.
Rings Of Saturn was still pretty awful. The intro to the linked track was interesting (it reminded me of Chris Arp), though.

It's a shame about As They Burn. Never heard of them before this thread, but the first twenty seconds of it sounded okay because of a slight doom influence it had.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 15, 2012,
Adbots are getting clever these days. I hate to be pedantic, but I'll debase your post:

Hi everyone! After endless searches that have come up with no results, I come to ask a larger community in the hopes that you can help!

This part is fine, though I doubt most people will actually sign up to a new website just to find a video of two random dudes playing some unknown song.

Here's the deal - I saw (what I remember to be) a Youtube video of a playthrough of a song by two talented guitarists. The music was very metal based and fast with some great finger and solo work. These are all the clues I can remember from the video:

Well, that's a bit conceited. People don't usually lather anonymous people who won't even see their remarks with so much praise. Also, a clue list? What is this, ****ing Cluedo?

+ They had these cool custom built 7 string guitars that they (or one of them) put socks (or a sweatband) over the nut/first fret and there might have been duct tape over the sock/sweatband.

For a video you saw long enough ago to forget everything about its title or the song itself, this is very detailed. Wow, great memory!
+ There were two guitarists in this video - it was a play through of one of their songs (no vocals, I think for a preview of a new album). They were in a house

This is actually not bad, refer to first part.
+ They were recently releasing an album and I am pretty sure it was blueish/turquoise with a pyramid type thing on the cover?

Yeah, that's something you'd know right away from looking at the video.
+ I think they were Canadian but I'm not 100%, just remember them possibly not being from the US.

Refer to above.
+ They looked young. One I think was wearing a hat

Fine.
+ This was around a few months ago

Which makes all the details all that more suspicious.
+ I can't remember but the video may have been split-screened while the two were playing/trading off

Fine.

These are all of the fragments I can remember. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
If those are what you call fragments, I'd hate to see how you slice cake.
Thanks jimmyled for your dissection, as it was quite entertaining and funny to read
I can assure you I am a human, with a soul, and a slight case of OCD which drives my batty when I can't recall something.

It's starting to look like this one will remain a mystery... I do appreciate everyone's input!
Quote by mxsix
Thanks jimmyled for your dissection, as it was quite entertaining and funny to read
I can assure you I am a human, with a soul, and a slight case of OCD which drives my batty when I can't recall something.

It's starting to look like this one will remain a mystery... I do appreciate everyone's input!

I just want you to know I'm not really mad, just entertained and slightly impressed.
Quote by mxsix

Did you even check the video that banjocal posted? That was pretty much bang on with your description.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Did you even check the video that banjocal posted? That was pretty much bang on with your description.

Yes I did, and although it had all of the right components, it wasn't it. If there were a closest prize, that would win #1!