Page 1 of 2
I wasn't where this could go... but I figured some of you guys might appreciate it.

I did an entire street art series on the song "Jambi" by tool (if you could've guessed by the title). Here's the link:

http://imgur.com/a/A9qB2#0

There's an entire story behind why I did this. I'm not gonna post it here, because it's long, but I'll give you the tl;dr version:

A close friend of mine committed suicide a few months ago. This series is dedicated to him. It's in relation to the song Jambi, and this is my interpretation of the song.

If you wanna read the whole thing, it's on reddit here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ToolBand/comments/saamw/jambi_the_complete_street_art_series/

Looking for feedback. Let me know what you guys think.

I love hearing what pieces are peoples favorite. There's not a single one I can say people like more than the others. Let me know!
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Last edited by koalabacon at Apr 15, 2012,
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Wow, pretty cool, man. Are all the pictures wheatpasted or did you paint any directly?
Love it Great work! Jambi is also a great song. Sorry to hear about your friend though.
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Hmm...May 27th to May 20th? Either you meant 30th or you're some kind of time traveler.

Choose your steel. Be the hero or die the fool.
Just face me on this burning bridge and show me
which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
Quote by psyks
Wow, pretty cool, man. Are all the pictures wheatpasted or did you paint any directly?

Ahhhhh. Finally someone who knows what wheat pasting is! yes they are wheat pasted. I couldn't afford to spend the time doing such elaborate pieces on my college campus. If I get caught, I'll get expelled. Wheat pasting was the better option.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

That's awesome.

Inb4 Pitchfork reading douchebag says Tool is only for 'pseudo-intellectual 15 year-olds'.
These are fricken amazing

Sorry to hear about your friend, though this is an incredible way of honoring him.

EDIT: The one with the happy/sad faces is my favorite, that's awesome
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Apr 15, 2012,
Quote by koalabacon
Ahhhhh. Finally someone who knows what wheat pasting is! yes they are wheat pasted. I couldn't afford to spend the time doing such elaborate pieces on my college campus. If I get caught, I'll get expelled. Wheat pasting was the better option.
I'm planning my first poster run around my town. You chose some really great spots, and that grey concrete looks better for what you did to it.
Quote by CoreysMonster
These are fricken amazing

Sorry to hear about your friend, though this is an incredible way of honoring him.

EDIT: The one with the happy/sad faces is my favorite, that's awesome

Thanks man. I appreciate it.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by psyks
I'm planning my first poster run around my town. You chose some really great spots, and that grey concrete looks better for what you did to it.

If you need tips and recipes for wheat paste, I'll be more than welcome to share my knowledge.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by Pagan-Pie
That's awesome.

Inb4 Pitchfork reading douchebag says Tool is only for 'pseudo-intellectual 15 year-olds'.

Well it won't be long for Due 07 to post here then.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by koalabacon
If you need tips and recipes for wheat paste, I'll be more than welcome to share my knowledge.
Please do, man. How much wheatpaste did you make? Did you put every poster in one night? What did you do to avoid being caught? Did you go with friends?
I don't like Tool but that's neat.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by psyks
Please do, man. How much wheatpaste did you make? Did you put every poster in one night? What did you do to avoid being caught? Did you go with friends?

For wheat paste, I made around 3 gallons for all 11 pieces.

For making the best wheat paste, all you need to know is the ratio between flour and water should 1:4. Post cooking add one tablespoon of sugar for every cup of sugar you used, and add wood glue for strength (the amount depends, be liberal with it).

To avoid being caught, I picked easter weekend. Easter weekend = no kids on campus = no kids = no cops. Wear black. Avoid starting before midnight. If cops do catch you, drop everything and run. Save the art, it's the most important part. I brought about 5 people with me, 2 people kept look out while 2 actually helped me paste.

If have tons more advice, too much to put in a post. PM if you have any more questions!
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Have my children.

Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

sig'd
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

''Suffering should be creative, should give birth to something good and lovely''

CHINUA ACHEBE

Seems rather appropriate. Seems like you have found a very pure form of art.
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Apr 15, 2012,
Only know a little bit of Tool and never heard the song this is all based on, but this is a very cool project, wish I could do anything that creative. Especially liked the genies, the "Breathe, In Union," and the box...things.
The Serpent and Fading Girl pieces are my favourites by far. Excellent work man, although I'm not a tattoo person your images would make some stunning tattoo designs.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Very cool dude
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by OddOneOut
The Serpent and Fading Girl pieces are my favourites by far. Excellent work man, although I'm not a tattoo person your images would make some stunning tattoo designs.

Originally, the serpent was meant to be a tattoo design, but i figured it'd look better on a wall than some dudes arm. I'm thinking about submitting it as a t shirt design to threadless or something.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

The 'Young Boy' and 'Fading Girl' are my favorites but all of these are sick
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
''Suffering should be creative, should give birth to something good and lovely''

CHINUA ACHEBE

Seems rather appropriate. Seems like you have found a very pure form of art.

Your comments mean the world to me. Thanks so much!
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

wow, absolutely incredible man!
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Incredible. Shame some of it got taken down so quickly.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Incredible. Shame some of it got taken down so quickly.

Yeah, it's really upsetting for me to see them removed. My art is my children. I can't help but take it personally when they remove it (despite the fact that it still is graffiti).
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

That is amazing. Great art and probably my favorite Tool song too.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
How long did these take you on average? They look like it would take a long time with all the complexities and details, but then again I don't understand the process at all.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
How long did these take you on average? They look like it would take a long time with all the complexities and details, but then again I don't understand the process at all.

It's wheat pasting. I take already drawn images and paste them to walls. For some, it detracts from the overall impressiveness, but for me, it's a lot quicker and safer (considering if i get caught, I'll get expelled). The pieces themselves ranged in overall time to draw. The snake took maybe 7-8 hours, while the box people ranged from 1-2 hours. It took about 2.5 hours to put them all up (i did all of them in one night about 10-20 minutes to paste each one). I had a crew f about 5 people, too.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by koalabacon
It's wheat pasting. I take already drawn images and paste them to walls. For some, it detracts from the overall impressiveness, but for me, it's a lot quicker and safer (considering if i get caught, I'll get expelled). The pieces themselves ranged in overall time to draw. The snake took maybe 7-8 hours, while the box people ranged from 1-2 hours. It took about 2.5 hours to put them all up (i did all of them in one night about 10-20 minutes to paste each one). I had a crew f about 5 people, too.

Yeah, it'd be ridiculous to try to draw all that on a wall where you'd get in trouble. Really though, it's awesome, especially for your friend. I can't imagine walking around my school and seeing incredible art based around a song I love.
this is really excellent
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Page 1 of 2