From now on, every couple can only have one child, no adoption or abandoning, one child per couple.

So now, for every birth, two people die. (not immediately of course)

Based on the average length of life on the human, and the world population today, how long Until the human race is extinct?
Never. Because if the human race was really very close to extinction, the rules would be abolished or ignored... of course, you could probably work it out mathematically using average birth rates, and maths.
Every 80 years, the population halves.
80 years, 35,000,000,000
160 years, 17500000000
etc.
geometric sequence
(log(1/7000000000) / log(0.5)) + 1
= 15
therefore 15*80, which equals about 1200 years
Last edited by Metallica1554 at Apr 15, 2012,
This parasite knows no extinction.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I have a child, divorce the bitch then have another child with a different, but equally drugged and insensate, woman.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
7 billion people, say 2,5 billion are part of a 30 year gap that'd equal one generation.
It takes 30 generations to reach 1 person, so that's 900 years.

Disclaimer; My math isn't credible. At all.
You mean how long until we're all Chinese.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
it wouldn't be stunted. man meets woman, couple have baby, man moves on and sexes up with another lady to form a brand new couple. so the human race remains the way it is except men have a licence to resort to their old hunter ways.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by Jackal58
You mean how long until we're all Chinese.

China - *censored for your own protection* Yeah!
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
You guys are all idiots, except for the two guys who did the maths.

Seriously.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Hereiwas

Seriously.

You didn't do any maths, therefore you're an idiot too.

Bazinga.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Hereiwas

Seriously.

it's a riddle. the correct answer is embedded in the omitted meanings in the question. 'one baby per couple', whilst deviantly omitting the 'but not one baby per two people'.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
8 months and 6 days. Duh!
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You didn't do any maths, therefore you're an idiot too.

Bazinga.

nope. I was addressing everyone who had posted in the thread, that obviously doesn't include me.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Hereiwas
nope. I was addressing everyone who had posted in the thread, that obviously doesn't include me.
Yes it does.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Yes it does.

nope. I didn't say "anyone who posts in this thread but doesn't post maths is an idiot". I said "You guys are all idiots". There is no way you can say that I am included in what I said.

Point is, all this inane stuff about "if the population was close to extinction the rules would change" or "man would revert back to his role as a hunter" is stupid and immature and was just selfish.
CuSO4

Quote by Hereiwas
nope. I didn't say "anyone who posts in this thread but doesn't post maths is an idiot". I said "You guys are all idiots". There is no way you can say that I am included in what I said.

Point is, all this inane stuff about "if the population was close to extinction the rules would change" or "man would revert back to his role as a hunter" is stupid and immature and was just selfish.

All right fine. You didn't include yourself. I am. Welcome to the club idiot.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Hereiwas

Someone's cranky. Have you had your nap? Want your bottle?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥