So my friend said he was going to come to band practice this weekend. He's the drummer, so we just used a metronome to replace him this time. This was also the first band practice he was supposed to be in, because we were having a hard time finding a drummer.
But he made a weird excuse about being called into work when he doesn't have a job. He's one of my best friends, and I don't really want to kick him out unless I need to, but what should we do?
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Quote by Enigmatic564
So my friend said he was going to come to band practice this weekend. He's the drummer, so we just used a metronome to replace him this time. This was also the first band practice he was supposed to be in, because we were having a hard time finding a drummer.
But he made a weird excuse about being called into work when he doesn't have a job. He's one of my best friends, and I don't really want to kick him out unless I need to, but what should we do?

Sounds like you already solved the problem
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Enigmatic564
He's one of my best friends, and I don't really want to kick him out unless I need to, but what should we do?

That's the problem right there. If you want to be successful as a musician, you need to treat your band as a business. That fact that he's your friend means nothing. Unless you're just in it to have fun, then whatever.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Kick him out, keep the click. Cheaper and better.
Dude, where's my band?
Quote by Enigmatic564

I feel like I should be offended, but...
Nice. Give him a few weeks. If he keeps doing it, do what you think is best for the band. Which is probably kicking him out.
Had the exact same thing happen to me. He'd make the dumbest excuses all the time. "I have to mow my lawn, derp" and we'd drive by and see uncut grass.. Just straight up ask him about the excuse and call his bs if necessary. Ask him if he really wants to do it, and if he says he does, tell him he needs to take it seriously and that stuff can't happen anymore.
You want to kick him out because he skipped one practice?

K.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by wyldething
You want to kick him out because he skipped one practice?

K.

The first band practice he was supposed to come to. I wouldn't care if he had an actual excuse, but he flat out lied to everyone
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Quote by Enigmatic564
The first band practice he was supposed to come to. I wouldn't care if he had an actual excuse, but he flat out lied to everyone

Maybe he has a secret job that he never told you about, either because he can't or because it's too embarrassing to talk about, or maybe he just hadn't told you about it yet.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
isnt there a subforum thing for this?
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
-Skipped the FIRST practice
-Lied

Yeah, that be some pretty thin ice he be skating on.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by theogonia777
That's the problem right there. If you want to be successful as a musician, you need to treat your band as a business. That fact that he's your friend means nothing. Unless you're just in it to have fun, then whatever.

Best advice.

I had to kick my drummer/friend out a week ago and it sucked, but you gotta make sacrifices if you want to have a good band.
PM me for newts
Quote by Haures
Kick him, hire a professional metronome technician.

Or continue with the metronome, less bs that way
Obviously he's a gigolo, and he caters mainly to overweight women in their 50's. Of course he's a little embarrassed.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Kick him....

....and then punch him too.

OT: It sucks, but I have no decent advise to give, sorry
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Just record him on tape next time he's at practice, and have the tape recorder replace him. Pull a Flight of the Conchords, it'll be great.
Quote by WCPhils
My prayers are with you and your balls TS

Quote by jetfuel495
I ran out of chicken nuggets.

When will this misery end.
We had a similar problem quite recently with a drummer. He skipped quite a lot of practices and was generally unenthusiastic about everything, and didn't particularly suit the band.

We got a new drummer in and didn't even tell him. He didn't notice until he saw something on facebook about a month after.