Page 1 of 2
I had been very lucky. I'm 20 years old and didn't know anyone who had died. No friends or family.

However, two weeks ago, I found out a work colleague had lung cancer. He only found out the day before I was told. He died yesterday. He must've had it pretty bad. He was the most badass guy I've ever known. But he used to smoke his pipe a lot. He would go out at least once an hour at work and smoke. God knows what he was like at home...
I saw him cry too. That was awful. He was as hard as nails that man. Nothing fazed him.

So yeah. It was a weird feeling finding out he died.

What are your experiences?
My roommate in college died from practice erotic asphyxiation. I walked in and he had his sheets wrapped around his neck and around the light fixture with his pants off.

It's kind of a weird thing to walk into.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
My roommate in college died from practice erotic asphyxiation. I walked in and he had his sheets wrapped around his neck and around the light fixture with his pants off.

Srs?
I bet StewieSwan is going to come in here and share his experience with this topic.

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

You've never mentioned you went to college with David Carradine.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
You've never mentioned you went to college with David Carradine.

That's because he's kind of an ass
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
No, and I'm dreading that I won't be able to handle it when it happens as I've gone my 18 years not having to deal with it.
My Nan died 2-3 years ago. First of my family that Ive known to die while im alive. I wasnt really close to her though. She had gone into a care home when I was about 9 and suffered Alzheimers. Wasnt nice for her not to remember us that much :/ For the first day or so, you're in the stage where you dont accept it and then it sinks in. I was sad for sure but not balling my eyes out because like I said, we werent that close.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
My Great and Great-Great Grandmothers were both alive when I was a kid, and I was very close to my Great Grandmother (my other Great Grandmother is still alive, and hanging in there like a ****ing trooper at 97), but she died of cancer and her mother soon followed. My godmother commited suicide a couple of years ago, my grandfather on my stepfather's side of the family died, though I didn't really know him, but that's about it, as far as I can recall.
My grandfather when i was like 8...i was really close with him. he was the best grandfather. and he was only 60 at the time :/ that sucked a lot...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Had people in my family die, but due to having such a large family (gandmother had 12 kiddies...Catholic), I've never really had anybody CLOSE to me die, like personally close.

I'm 22.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
I'm 19 and in October one of my best friends, 20 years old, went into hospital delirious and feeling ill, the next day he was on sedatives unconscious and had an infection throughout his body, the day after he was on life support and 3 days later he died. He never woke up after he was put on sedatives. Only after an autopsy did they realise he had a very aggressive lymphoma with no symptoms up until this point. It was by far the worst day of my life, it's very hard to deal with it but you do get through it.
Always remember to check for painless lumps in armpit and groin as these can be an early warning for lymphoma, the most common cancer in the under 30s.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
One of my friends died last year...17 is too young
He worst thing is knowing that no matter how you feel, their family are unimaginably in more pain.

Sorry to hear about your colleague.
My best friend died when I was 15 in a car crash.
As for family all except one of my grandparents are dead, though I wasn't really that "close" with them so it wasn't as bad.
My grandpa passed away the day before I turned 16. He was the best. My mom would take me over there on Sunday with a case of Mountain Dew and we'd sit in the garage watching football during the day, me drinking soda and him having his Coors. Then we'd watch WWF on PPV for free cuz he had a black box lol.

Finding out was horrible, it just happened. I remember sitting right next to him during the superbowl while he was hooked up to an oxygen tank...beer in hand lol.

It's a terrible feeling, but eventually the pain subsides and all you're left with are the good memories.
Mm, actually just yesterday morning, I found out one of my favorite uncles died of a heart attack. I've been stressing a lot from a bad break-up, and unemployment already, and with that news, I'm pretty much in a more state of shock. :c
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Grandmother the summer going into my freshman year of highschool

And also the only relative on my father's side who was actually a good person. My...great uncle I think. Made even harder on me because I really wanted to go to his funeral, but I also really couldn't even stomach the idea of having to see that family. I don't even know where he's buried, which upsets me.
Yes.

Thanks for bringing it up, asshole.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Yes. my dad's best friend happened about a month ago.
he was an absolute legend, really nice person.
sucks bad man
Both of my grandfathers died of cancer.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Four friends in a drunk driving accident
My grandpa lost his battle against cancer
Another friend of mine overdosed
All in the last 7 months
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by whoomit
My brother. He was my best friend.

Man, that's tough.

I can't imagine what I'd do without my sister.

How old was he, if you don't mind me asking?
Quote by ESPLTDV401DX
All in the last 7 months

Aw dude
Quote by ESPLTDV401DX
All in the last 7 months

I knew you'd be in here

Quote by xShade

Quote by yead
Man, that's tough.

I can't imagine what I'd do without my sister.

How old was he, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks guys. He was 17, died in a car crash 'cause his best friend was showing off. I was 6 at the time. Ever since it happened I kinda supressed most of my of him. I wish I remembered more about him, all I really have are the stories my parents told me.
Lots.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
No, but I've had people die close to me.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by yead
Aw dude

Quote by whoomit
I knew you'd be in here

Thanks guys.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
I've lost an uncle and some great aunts and uncles who were super badass. A couple years ago one of my great aunt's got breast cancer and died. Then maybe 7 or 8 months later her husband, my great uncle, got sick and hospitalized with cancer (I think it was that). One of my other great uncles travelled to go and visit his brother (the hospitalized great uncle) in the hospital. The hospitalized uncle died while he was up there. Then, within 48 hours, the uncle that travelled to go visit his brother was hospitalized and passed away.

It was real sad, and it still is, but the way that my family dealt with it made me understand death and learn that that's life. That side of my family uses humor as a way to deal with pain, so there were so many lighthearted jokes going around. But that just made me love my family even more. The first uncle was in the hospital singing until he died they said, and that makes me happy.

But i've never lost anybody that I was super duper close too, and I am not excited for the day when that comes.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Apr 15, 2012,
A few people, unfortunately. All in 2008 my dad, grandpa, and a good friend of mine from high school died. My dad from cancer, my grandpa from sepsis, and my friend from an ATV accident. He was 17, maybe even 16--I can't remember now. All I know is that shit really sucks sometimes.

Thinking back, I'm still amazed that that's how my grandpa went out. He survived so many things--diabetes, cancer, heart surgery, a lot of problems from hypertension--and what ends up doing him in is a perforated bowel.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Apr 15, 2012,
My dad, both grandmas, a grandad and tons of friends from school. Shizzle happens.
UG's CHAV?

Providing Epilepsy to the masses.

Quote by Jakeylee111
^ I thought you'd been permabanned or given an ASBO or something...

Quote by xtheblackoutx
you're a sick person.

Close friend of mine got run over a couple years ago, he was only 23...
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Page 1 of 2