TheHumanMeat
268 IQ
I have been into recording now for about 4 months and I really don't know much at all. At the moment I just mess around until I think it sounds good. I am currently just doing cover songs using protools. I want to learn about production but I'm only 16 and all of the videos I try to find are about tracking drums and mixing vocals and well I don't have any drums nor do I sing. Another problem I find is that the guitar videos I do find aren't my style (metal) and in result I do learn a little about recording but I don't know how to apply any of it to my style. I need help. I don't know anything about recording and would love to learn. Where do I go to learn?
KG6_Steven
Eats ponies for breakfast
3,129 IQ
There are some good books available on the topic. Unfortunately, I don't think they discuss metal music. There's also a Home Recording Forum on the web, which is a good source of info. I believe this site also has a forum area for recording. There are plenty of tutorial videos on the topic of recording. They may not all be metal specific, but a lot of the same ideas will apply. Google is your friend.
FireHawk
All Hail Ze Llama!
728 IQ
The tricks is learning the basics of recording. Learn how to track everything, read about EQing, Compression, reverb, send channels, etc. Once you learn these you can figure out how to apply it to your music.

I use to use this site all the time.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Quote by FireHawk
The tricks is learning the basics of recording. Learn how to track everything, read about EQing, Compression, reverb, send channels, etc. Once you learn these you can figure out how to apply it to your music.

I use to use this site all the time.

This. Recording is not metal specific. The key theory you need is universal.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!