View poll results: so yeah...
RANDY RHOADS WAS AMAZING AND THE BEST GUITARIST EVER RIP
44 64%
I like men
25 36%
Voters: 69.
Spaztikko
2,246 IQ
Like, seriously. Do you belive that if ozzy hadnt met Iommi/Rhoads/Wylde/whoeverthe****heswithnow that he would still be as rich and stuff?

Most songwriting credits go to him, but I think Randy really sealed the deal with Blizzard of Ozz youknowwhatimsayin?

Thoughts?
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!
2,960 IQ
Of course it wasn't Ozzy. His lyrics are generally subpar, and his vocals kind of suck.

Combined with the music itself, it somehow works.
bastards
Dirigo
652 IQ
Ozzy is a one in a million shot of being awesome. He just knows sick guitarists when he sees them.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Of course.

You think Crazy Train would be tragically marring high school talent shows to this very day had it not been for the Rhodes?
Spaztikko
2,246 IQ
Quote by daytripper75
Of course it wasn't Ozzy. His lyrics are generally subpar, and his vocals kind of suck.

Combined with the music itself, it somehow works.

This is where I'm thinking. Just taking crazy train, that shits solid as. but then Ozzy's over the top of it going eeeeeeeuuuuugggggh. Like, could you imagine If DLR sang on crazy train? that would be cool.
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,163 IQ
No, Ozzy's parents made Ozzy.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please. This as well.
dkunick
Waco
138 IQ
Sharon made them all, including Ozzy. Without her Ozzy would have died off long ago.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Gene-Ocide
237 IQ
I tend to prefer Black Sabbath with or without Ozzy to any of Ozzy's solo output.
Marching in this labyrinth village
Troll-king claims his maverick throne
Wretching in his cavernous castle
Chewing on flesh, gnawing on bones!
Spaztikko
2,246 IQ
See, I could counter with " I think, while Sabbath is pretty solid, I preferred them with Dio, and I also think Rhoads is a far better and more entertaining guitarist."

Of course you could counter with " But they're dead"

And then I'd be like " Music lives on brah"

And then this would descend into a VS thread, and it'd get closed, just like my stereotypical black male thread.
uziyourillusion
cemetary gates
347 IQ
Randy rhoads and Jake lee were beasts. Ozzy just has this awesome sounding voice that manages to work great.
Last edited by uziyourillusion at Apr 23, 2012,
-[NiL]-
-[NiL]-ionaire
372 IQ
I'd say they surely played a part, but I'm also going to say most of Ozzy's record sales for the first few albums go to casual classic rock fans who probably couldn't name his guitarists throughout the years.

edit: Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And being in the hard rock genre in the 80's, you had to have someone who could play worth a damn no matter what band you're in.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Apr 23, 2012,
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart
1,581 IQ
Like it or not, Ozzy has a very unique voice.
He has just been lucky that he managed to hook up with or find guitarists that fit his voice/style.
Randy brought him out of the gutter.
Sharon helped a lot too.
Without those two, he probably would have died in a gutter years ago.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 23, 2012,
Baconator1228
Banned
62 IQ
No, Ozzy made the guitarists. I do believed Randy is what made Ozzy's music so great, but without Ozzy, we probably wouldn't know Randy as the legendary musician he was. But then again, without Ozzy, Randy would probably still be alive.
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
I think Mr and Mrs Ozzy created Ozzy.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Talk Box
la petite port
306 IQ
Do you think Jimmy Page made Robert Plant?

Seriously TS. Stop making threads.
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
Diamond Dave
1,428 IQ
Now I like a lot of things about Ozzy but the number one factor that makes him so successful is that he is such a charismatic son of a bitch.

I honestly don't think Sabbath would have enjoyed nearly as much success if it weren't for him. He's not a brilliant singer by any means but he is one of the greatest entertainers the world has ever known IMO.
stef123
2 wrongs make a fight
1,375 IQ
He was good with Sabbath in the early years. But the success of BS was largely thanks to the riff machine that is Tony Iommi.

I have never cared for Ozzy's solo career, but Rhoads was an amazing player.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,163 IQ
Quote by theogonia777
No, Ozzy's parents made Ozzy.

Quote by Todd Hart
I think Mr and Mrs Ozzy created Ozzy.

Well this is awkward...
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please. This as well.
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
Iommi made him. He was big before Rhoads. For a comprehensive list of reasons why Iommi's the heaviest mother ****er around, check out this link: http://www.iommifacts.com/

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

gamenerd323
ug's metal geek
633 IQ
Quote by Baconator1228
No, Ozzy made the guitarists. I do believed Randy is what made Ozzy's music so great, but without Ozzy, we probably wouldn't know Randy as the legendary musician he was. But then again, without Ozzy, Randy would probably still be alive.

I think your wrong, Randy was the founder of quiet riot and a was a guitar phenom. I think we would still know who he is .
iron FUCKING maiden!!!
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
Early Black Sabbath is by far the best project Ozzy's been in. And I wouldn't call Iommi an excellent guitarist really. He might be a good songwriter.

And Ozzy got famous for being a part of Sabbath. Who the **** outside of music remembers Randy Rhoads now? Seriously?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Apr 24, 2012,
appletice
33 IQ
I don't think Ozzy would be the legend he is if he hadn't met Iommi. But it goes both ways, Iommi wouldn't be the legend he is without Ozzy. A band is the combiniation of all the parts. Black Sabbath became big because the combination of Ozzy, Tony, Geezer and Bill, not because of one guy.
and now for something completely different..
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
264 IQ
I'll tell ya what made Ozzy, it was a unique partnership between Osbourne, Butler, Ward and Iommi that created a sound that became the blueprint for heavy metal that made Sabbath one of the biggest bands in the world that, by association, made Ozzy.

It obviously wasn't Randy Rhoads or any of the other 4 guitarists that he's had in his solo career that made him because he was already famous before he met them.
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,247 IQ
Ozzy is more famous for his apeshit lifestyle than his music.
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Colgate Total
I <3 drugs
2,211 IQ
I doubt anyone would give much of a shit about Randy Rhoads if he stayed with Quiet Riot. Likewise, no one talks about how much of legend Jake E. Lee was, just how legendary his work with Ozzy was. Ozzy would be famous, regardless of who his guitarist was.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
264 IQ
Quote by Colgate Total
I doubt anyone would give much of a shit about Randy Rhoads if he stayed with Quiet Riot. Likewise, no one talks about how much of legend Jake E. Lee was, just how legendary his work with Ozzy was. Ozzy would be famous, regardless of who his guitarist was.

This.
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
Black Sabbath made Ozzy.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
lots of really smart stuff
vicarious46
Registered Masshole
437 IQ
Proof Ozzy is the greatest artist ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S1ri6C5_aM
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
SomebodySomeone
UG's Perfect Soldier
860 IQ
ozzy is just like any other artist out there. when placed with the right ppl, they are awesome. but only with said ppl.

its the reason Rage against teh machine and soundgarden are 2 very awesome bands but audioslave is crap.

its the reason Gn'R was pretty decent and STP cool but velvet revolver was just meh.

you get the point.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Apr 24, 2012,