Page 1 of 2
List out the bands on which you personally believe to be overrated or just simply rubbish, new or old gen. Oh and any genre I suppose.

My own list for now at least:

A day to remember
Asking Alexandria
Attack Attack!
Attila
August burns red(still thinking about it)
Avenged seven fold
The Beatles (due to popular demand)
Bring me the horizon
Chelsea grin
The devil wears prada
Emmure(just no)
For the fallen dreams
Guns n roses(recent years)
ICP(just stop it you guys )
Linkin park
Metallica(recent years)
Of mice & men
Slipknot
Suicide silence
Whitechapel
Last edited by Omgpaulslike at Apr 27, 2012,
I'm gonna have to agree, almost all of those bands just suck balls! I think that guns n roses is alright and maybe not the recent years, and metallica has kind of brought themselves back a little more with the recent unreleased stuff from dm and slipknot has potential but they don't take advantage of that so well. Even though I used to hate slipknot I am starting to like corey taylor with his real singing and the drummer and guitarists seem to have potential but they all decide to do somewhat annoying music :/
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
You mean to tell me you don't like a bunch of bands in virtually the same genre? Color me shocked.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
For the hype and praising, nope. Have to tell someone they're rubbish!
In my basement:
ESP horizon FR special ed.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Gibson Studio
Mesa Triple rectifier
Peavey 5150
i thought people get laughed at for listening to the likes of attack attack, what do you mean, 'overrated'?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
"overrated or just simply rubbish"
Linkin Park can go on the list
In my basement:
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Gibson Studio
Mesa Triple rectifier
Peavey 5150
Last edited by Omgpaulslike at Apr 24, 2012,
Honestly, I never liked Metallica. I can't say they're overrated, because obviously they're doin' something right. But I'd say G'n'R. And obviously Hedley, Stereos, and all that shit. But I actually do like FOB.

So... yeah.
Quote by Omgpaulslike
"overrated or just simply rubbish"
Linkin Park can go on the list

both
i guess i just dont like their shit
i love bands who can perform
they record alright material, live they are bullshit
what they make cant really be replicated on stage so they always give a pathetic show
The quote was to visiblenoise.
But Imo I believe linkin park is overrated to I placed em on there, never been seem em' live so I can't say much on that stance though.
In my basement:
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Gibson Studio
Mesa Triple rectifier
Peavey 5150
WOW, how can you say Metallica, Chelsea Grin, Suicide Silence, August Burns Red, Emmure and WHITECHAPEL is overrated? Probably the best there is today...
My sarcasm senses are tingling
In my basement:
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Gibson Studio
Mesa Triple rectifier
Peavey 5150
Quote by northbeach
WOW, how can you say Metallica, Chelsea Grin, Suicide Silence, August Burns Red, Emmure and WHITECHAPEL is overrated? Probably the best there is today...

As the guy said...this better be sarcasm.

If for realziez:
Quote by northbeach

August Burns Red = good

Emmure = shittest of the shit

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
August Burns Red = good

Emmure = shittest of the shit

August has some good stuff, fillers are just fillers :/ it's still in though. Emmure should stop immediately with the "brocore" crap.

Any more that I should possibly add? There has to be more lol
In my basement:
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Gibson Studio
Mesa Triple rectifier
Peavey 5150
Last edited by Omgpaulslike at Apr 24, 2012,
A7X. Can't stand them. Great guitarist though but the singers voice is so irritating to me. Dammit.
Quote by BK202
Hey homes,

We still need to do our split.

Indeed. I've got a couple songs kicking around that i've recently recorded, I jsut need to wait a couple days to see if I hate them or not.
I can't deny their musical influence, but The Beach Boys (to me) are a one album wonder. You all probably know what that album is. Others who I think are overrated...

Bruce Springsteen
The Clash (again, a one album wonder)
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
YESTERDAY, I WOKE UP SUCKING A LEMON...
Quote by kimberlydawn
A7X. Can't stand them. Great guitarist though but the singers voice is so irritating to me. Dammit.

A7X is up there, I really don't understand why people love em.
Maybe i'm retarded.
In my basement:
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Gibson Studio
Mesa Triple rectifier
Peavey 5150
Watching the pitmonkeys get lairy
It's not very pretty I tell thee
Watching you guys get butthurt is quite scary
It's not very sensible either
Another user getting upset
Because his band was insulted
Would never of happened to an old user
They know better

I predict a flamewar
I predict a flamewar
I predict a flamewar
I predict a flamewar
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by cam sh
I can't deny their musical influence, but The Beach Boys (to me) are a one album wonder. You all probably know what that album is. Others who I think are overrated...

Well they only have one album that's like universally acclaimed, so it's not like they're really overrated or anything.

Pet Sounds sounds really dated, even compared to other LPs they recorded around the same time. I lots of people see PS atop AOTYAY lists and are disappointed w/ it for that reason. Maybe that's why some folks say they're way overrated.

I don't think The Beach Boys are overrated. They're generally thought of as some silly, hokey, forgettable pop group, but, artistically speaking, they were leagues ahead of their peers. Then again I think "overrated" is the worst and most lazy buzzword ever and it's not like it matters if they're overrated anyway. ¯\_(ツ_/¯
I don't get how being overrated is a bad thing. It's like, I'm cool with people thinking I'm cooler than I actually am.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by neidnarb11890
but are you cool with people thinking you aren't as cool as people think you are?

Sure, because it'd be the truth, and the majority still thinks I'm cooler than I am.
I'm an asshole.
Then I wouldn't be overrated I'd be correctly rated.. and why would I care about the opinions of dumb people who can't ever rate stuff correctly?
I'm an asshole.
Guns 'n' Roses
Poison
...i'm just gonna save time and say every 80s hair band

Also any band that has a song in Rock of Ages.
Last edited by LouDog17 at Jun 29, 2012,
- Avenged Sevenfold by far. All my friends think they are the greatest things to walk on stage. I've listened to a handful of songs and I can't find one that really grabs me.

- The Beatles are a little overrated. I like some of their music because they spawned a lot of genres and subgenres of music and made rock huge in the States, but their popularity kind of swallows that of all the other bands of their decade, like the Yardbirds, and the Rolling Stones to some extent. People have heard of the Stones but don't really know their music from my experiences. I got into an argument once on Mick Jagger at the lunch table in high school because this kid wouldn't believe that he was the Rolling Stones' lead singer. No bull. I wouldn't make this stuff up.

- Metallica. I like them now, but my best friend got so obsessed with them once that he was literally trying to force me into loving thrash metal and death metal/deathcore/metalcore over my classic hard rock music. I got so annoyed with his pestering and sending me YouTube links to Metallica songs that I stopped listening to them all together. Then Guitar World did the "100 greatest Metallica songs of all time" which I thought was a little excessive when Van Halen got 50 greatest songs.

- Any thrash metal, death metal, deathcore, or metalcore band. Again, this is just personal experience. I'm surrounded by a lot of people who worship this stuff and they try to get me to like it, and over and over I'm interrogated as to why I don't like this "real" music and why I don't like all the screaming. I don't know, I just don't like the screaming and growling all over the songs. What's so wrong about that?
Quote by Firehawk2410
- Any thrash metal, death metal, deathcore, or metalcore band. Again, this is just personal experience. I'm surrounded by a lot of people who worship this stuff and they try to get me to like it, and over and over I'm interrogated as to why I don't like this "real" music and why I don't like all the screaming. I don't know, I just don't like the screaming and growling all over the songs. What's so wrong about that?

Name some bands people have showed you in those genres.

I'm curious.
Quote by Firehawk2410

All those genres are miles away from each other in sound... especially between Thrash and metalcore.
Quote by -Vogel-
All those genres are miles away from each other in sound... especially between Thrash and metalcore.

Like Scott Vogel?
I'm an asshole.
Last edited by lookpizza at Jul 2, 2012,
Page 1 of 2