Page 3 of 6
Is everyone ready for challenge two?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Challenge two is similar to challenge one, but for most of you will be a lot harder.

Talk to 2 or more strangers of the opposite sex. Make them laugh.

They have to be in a group.

EDIT: Even if you don't make them laugh, the point is that you try.

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
I'm done with challenge one. I think. Going to the country club for a run and a swim today, might attempt challenge two if I see an opportunity. How did everyone's first challenge go? Mine wasn't so good
Sign me up, sounds interesting.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
Quote by akack
I'm done with challenge one. I think. Going to the country club for a run and a swim today, might attempt challenge two if I see an opportunity. How did everyone's first challenge go? Mine wasn't so good

Details!

Quote by Våd Hamster

Why on earth would I want to do that? There's a reason it's called a comfort zone... because it's more comfortable than other zones. No reason to change it.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Bed is the most comfortable place on earth.

You can't just sleep in it all day.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by thanksgiving
Bed is the most comfortable place on earth.

You can't just sleep in it all day.

Ofcourse not. You would have to go to the fridge and bathroom sometimes.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I think the first couple of goals should have been something easier to build our confidence up, then we progress into stuff like this.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Last edited by Metallicuh at Apr 29, 2012,
Nothing like diving head first.

But what are your suggestions?

Quote by Våd Hamster

I don't have a ton of ideas but for example, maybe going to a party or dance and talking to new people there. Going alone is optional. (pressure's off and it'll be less awkward)

Diving head first can work for some people, while others are more cautious.

I'll probably try the goals, they won't know me or remember me anyway. #yolo.
Quote by kaptkegan

For challenge one I made a group of girls laugh does that count as one and two? (I do not go shopping IRL this town SUCKS)
Sign me up. I need to get out of a ridiculous rut anyways
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Need updates people. How are you all going?

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by thanksgiving
Details!

I struck up a conversation with a girl working as an attendant in the wine section at the supermarket. She was just standing around looking bored, and seemed around my age, so I strolled over and struck up a conversation. I ended up joking about how some wine aficionados can be pretentious morons and she told me a few stories about some similar funny customers she's met. We talked for about 5-10 minutes until she had to go to a customer. She definitely smiled and laughed while we spoke, but she did tend to look around quite a lot, even while speaking, which is usually what someone does when they're completely uninterested in talking to you. I'm still confused about how that went.

I have an exam on 4th and I might go out after, I'll see if I can attempt challenge two then.

is noone else doing this
Maybe today I'll try challenge 2
Quote by kaptkegan

Quote by akack
I struck up a conversation with a girl working as an attendant in the wine section at the supermarket. She was just standing around looking bored, and seemed around my age, so I strolled over and struck up a conversation. I ended up joking about how some wine aficionados can be pretentious morons and she told me a few stories about some similar funny customers she's met. We talked for about 5-10 minutes until she had to go to a customer. She definitely smiled and laughed while we spoke, but she did tend to look around quite a lot, even while speaking, which is usually what someone does when they're completely uninterested in talking to you. I'm still confused about how that went.

I have an exam on 4th and I might go out after, I'll see if I can attempt challenge two then.

is noone else doing this

When I talk to people at work I'll look around too either to see if someone needs actual help or if a boss is around she might not have wanted to get I trouble. You did great.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by thanksgiving
Challenge two is similar to challenge one, but for most of you will be a lot harder.

Talk to 2 or more strangers of the opposite sex. Make them laugh.

They have to be in a group.

EDIT: Even if you don't make them laugh, the point is that you try.

Would it be fine if I were in another group? If I were approaching a group on my own, I'd look like a creep.

GRAY RAINBOW

I couldn't really do challenge one because I don't go shopping with my mom most of the time. But I can definitely do challenge #2 at school this week, because I talk to random girls occasionally. I'm kinda scared now though because the girls have been mean lately.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Quote by Haures
Would it be fine if I were in another group? If I were approaching a group on my own, I'd look like a creep.

Yeah I mean, you can start off doing it in a group if you want, just make sure you take lead.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
I need some updates you guys so I can get the third challenge rolling.

How did everyone do?

Quote by Våd Hamster

I spoke to these two girls in my PE class on Wednesday. I told them why I was speaking to them and they were like "Okay cool". One of them has a reputation for getting around and she said that I looked like her ex boyfriend (Her name was Xena). So she took a picture on her phone to show her friends. I made Xena laugh but not the other (Ashlyn). She claimed not many things made her laugh. We just talked about what we thought about eachother before we met. All in all, it went pretty well. I've been having conversations with random girls ever since
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You told them about the challenge?

Glad it worked man. That's awesome.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by thanksgiving
You told them about the challenge?

Glad it worked man. That's awesome.

Thanks, I figured that the challenge could be used as conversation material

I'm glad I decided to try this. This challenge thing was a pretty good idea.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
I'm hoping some other people have attempted the challenges, but I haven't heard much feedback yet

Quote by Våd Hamster

I've tried to actually make friends this past month or so. I would sign up, but I'm not afraid of talking to people or anything, it's just that everybody thinks I'm annoying.

I guess sign me up anyway, why not?
I have the next challenge ready for anyone who is up for it.

Quote by Våd Hamster

OKay well get started on the first 2 challenges.

FIrst one is on the homepage, second is in the thread somewhere.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by thanksgiving
I have the next challenge ready for anyone who is up for it.

This current challenge has been impossible for me
Man, I'm ready for #3!

Watch it be really hard
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
3rd challenge!
Quote by kaptkegan

So I was in the Greek part of downtown Toronto with family and friends, and my dad and his friend joked about the one waitress, insisting she was checking me out. They suggested that I should grab her number. I figured that I am shy and have let girls come to me, which has always resulted badly, so, why not? I am really shy, but had enough wine for this to seem like an easy task (which it is, but I suck).
Anyways, mission accomplished. So I guess I did challenge 1.
Also I made two different strangers laugh at once at a gallery earlier, so I finished challenge 2. Bring on the 3rd one!
Quote by BuckinFuffalo
This current challenge has been impossible for me

Howcome?

Alright now I think the guy above me already did this.

But now challenge 3.

You are to get a strangers phone number of a member of the opposite sex.

Now remember, it's more about attempting the challenge, so don't be disheartned if they don't give you it. Just keep trying until you get one.

I'll up date the OP with the current challenge. Good luck men.

Quote by Våd Hamster