Page 4 of 6
Quote by thanksgiving

But now challenge 3.

You are to get a strangers phone number of a member of the opposite sex.

Now remember, it's more about attempting the challenge, so don't be disheartned if they don't give you it. Just keep trying until you get one.

I'll up date the OP with the current challenge. Good luck men.

Dammit. Just when I thought I was on a roll
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Nothing to it but to do it.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
okay finished challenge 1 and 2. Will have to really man up to complete challenge 3.
(❍ᴥ❍ʋ
so i missed challenge 1 & 2, i just did Challenge 3 today.

Much to my chagrin i chatted up a 36-37 year old who was looking at our Ford Ranger, got her number. (but sweet jesus did she harass me about all the cars not being "SUPER DUPER SQUEAKY CLEAN") damn you OP, damn you. Anyways after that, she gave me her number when discuss the car business economy.

Challenge done, but i am not proud.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
^KEep doing the challenge until I post the next one.

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by thanksgiving
^KEep doing the challenge until I post the next one.

okay.jpg

im kinda limited though >.> spring semester is over meaning i'm at work all day.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

Do it at work

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by thanksgiving
Do it at work

That's where the first one happened <.<
We don't get many female customers, let alone customers to begin with.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

Oh well, but just keep doing it wherever you go, the more times you try, the more chance of getting numbers.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Well today, I spoke to two girls in my P.E class (Not the same ones from before). I approached the first one and started a random conversation with her (Her name was Chantel). I spoke to her for a bit and cracked some jokes. I then proceeded to ask her for her number. She turned me down though, because she had a boyfriend. She told me that I was very charming though. She then took me to her friend (Dreysha). I spoke them both for a bit and I found out a little about them both. I told them that they were both pretty (this was for flattery, but I wasn't lying, they were pretty.) I then asked Dreysha for her number. She just couldn't stop laughing because she couldn't take me seriously. So I made a joke about her giving me a fake number and not telling me. They both got a kick out of that, and said my approach was cute and charming Anyways Dreysha never said yes or no about her number, but I plan to speak to her again out of pure interest.

In my 6th period Algebra II class I spoke to a greek/mexican girl named Eliza. We had 3-4 minute conversation which was when I found out that she could speak fluent greek. She asked me was she on MTV's made or something because I had a way with words. I then proceeded to ask for her number. To my suprise she said yes without hesitation. She kept on asking was she on t.v or something and I laughed and said no, just completing some challenges while enjoying a conversation with her. She wrote down her number and assured me that it wasn't fake. She rated our conversation a 7/10 which isn't to bad for a challenge such as this. Everything today went really well in my opinion

I'm having fun with this challenge and I plan to make some more attempts tomorrow.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
^ That is awesome.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Today I spoke to two more girls.

1. In my second period Chemistry class I spoke to a hispanic girl named Damaris. We talked for a bit and I cracked some jokes to ease the mood (since there was some random guy speaking to her out of nowhere.) She was very nice and she laughed alot. I asked her for her number and she said no. But like a minute later she gave it to me anyways. I asked what made her change her mind and she said "It was rude to say no." I told her that my feelings weren't hurt but she had given it to me already.

2. At lunch I spoke to another hispanic girl named Jackie. I asked her questions about herself and asked what grade she was in. To my non-suprise she said she was a senior. I figured she was. She was very nice and not bad looking at all. I asked her for her number and she said yes without hesitation. I then told her it was nice to meet her and she felt likewise.

I'm gonna take a break tomorrow though. This is wearing me out
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
****ing hell, you're awesome. Can't wait to see how you do next challenge.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by thanksgiving
****ing hell, you're awesome. Can't wait to see how you do next challenge.

Haha thanks, I could say the same for you since this was your idea. I wouldn't even be doing this well if it wasn't for this challenge. I'm kinda scared to see what the next one will be.

Where is everyone else? Are they even participating anymore?
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
Just seen this thread.

I'm going to attempt to do these challenges.

Updates a coming ^.^
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
How can I just walk up to a stranger and get her number? I came up with some original pick up lines but I'd need some feedback.
You just do it, and don't be a creep. Make some jokes, ask some questions, find common ground, and if you really need to break the ice, bring up the pact (Just don't say which challenge your working on.) They might find that to be very interesting.

You don't need any pickup lines unless your trying to get a date. Let see those lines.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
Quote by Trizek
You just do it, and don't be a creep. Make some jokes, ask some questions, find common ground, and if you really need to break the ice, bring up the pact (Just don't say which challenge your working on.) They might find that to be very interesting.

You don't need any pickup lines unless your trying to get a date. Let see those lines.

"heh babeh deh internetz forumz tol me to tak to u. so u wanna maek out or sumtin"

How I visioned it:
Me: So I'm guessing they ran out of room in heaven?
Her: ....
Me: My name's (name). I'm guessing your name is angel?
Her: No, it's (name)
Me: Close enough. So what are you majoring in?
Her: (some shit)
Me: That's cool, etc.
(wrap up)
Me: So anyway, I lost my number. Do you think I can borrow yours?
Her: (some shit most likely)
My defense: Hey, it's not everyday I see an angel in hell

So she'll either give me her number or walk away. She'll probably tell her friends. Who knows what could happen.
Last edited by HowSoonisNow at May 9, 2012,
^Shit like that doesn't work anymore, and I'm pretty sure it never did lol just walk up to her and make a joke about your current surroundings, or simply say hello and introduce yourself.

Quote by Våd Hamster

^Shit like that doesn't work anymore, and I'm pretty sure it never did lol just walk up to her and make a joke about your current surroundings, or simply say hello and introduce yourself.

Like when? You contradicted yourself there. What am I supposed to say? I can't just introduce myself to someone like that. That would be awkward as hell. My vision kind of represented my personality. Maybe that would work in a bar situation? I'm not some nerd who wants to have a date in a coffee shop or something.
Last edited by HowSoonisNow at May 9, 2012,
Your pick up lines will crash and burn.

If you're at a music shop.
"hey, you heard the latest Fray album?"
"no"
"it's pretty good, why kind of bands do you listen to?"
"blahblahblah"

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by thanksgiving
Your pick up lines will crash and burn.

If you're at a music shop.
"hey, you heard the latest Fray album?"
"no"
"it's pretty good, why kind of bands do you listen to?"
"blahblahblah"

Lol music shop. Lol the fray. I'm really not even that into music anymore. I like 2 bands and that's really it. Not much discussion there.

Hey, I gave it the old college try. I'm a pretty agressive person so it would probably end up wrong. I'm an old fashioned bullshitter and I'm not sure if most girls would "get" what I was saying. I'm not some smooth talking hippie who wants to hold hands near a willow tree. I make it clear what I want.
Alright well you go out there and try out those pickup lines you posted, and let us know how they go

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by thanksgiving
Alright well you go out there and try out those pickup lines you posted, and let us know how they go

I'm not gonna do it. My thread about "is it true there is someone out there for everyone" made me realize chasing girls around just doesn't work.
This thread isn't about chasing girls around, it's learning to become more social, by doing things that you're usually too nervous or scared to do.

The challenges aren't all going to be girl based.

So you should go up to a girl, and talk to her without a pick up line. Just randomly start making conversation. Step out of your comfort zone, don't worry about feeling awkward, because worst case scenario, you'll never see them again.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by thanksgiving
This thread isn't about chasing girls around, it's learning to become more social, by doing things that you're usually too nervous or scared to do.

The challenges aren't all going to be girl based.

So you should go up to a girl, and talk to her without a pick up line. Just randomly start making conversation. Step out of your comfort zone, don't worry about feeling awkward, because worst case scenario, you'll never see them again.

Not worth it in my case, the way I see it. I'm not a social person and I don't want to be. There's more than enough people like that.
Dang. Just about got out of my solitary shell for #2, and #3 comes along. Oh well. Will share my #2 story.

So I dressed nicely a couple days ago for a concert at school. People would walk up to me and ask "Why are you dressed like that?" (It's unusual for people here to dress nice) and I told them I had a concert.

Then a girl about my age (16 maybe? I go to a large school, so I didn't know her) and her friend came up to me. Apparently I had a class with them in the first semester, when I didn't really care to know anybody, and started talking about how I never say hi or anything. Then, girls being how girls are, immediately changed the subject. She asked why I was dressed nicely. I decided to be smug about it and say "You know what ZZ Top says about Women and sharp dressed men? ... Well, I don't know either. It doesn't apply to me." She laughs, but her friend just stares blankly. Turns out she doesn't know who ZZ Top is

I wanted to slap someone.

So... Close...
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Last edited by S0n1c '97 at May 9, 2012,
^Hey, you tried and you made one laugh. That's what counts.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
Quote by S0n1c '97
Dang. Just about got out of my solitary shell for #2, and #3 comes along. Oh well. Will share my #2 story.

So I dressed nicely a couple days ago for a concert at school. People would walk up to me and ask "Why are you dressed like that?" (It's unusual for people here to dress nice) and I told them I had a concert.

Then a girl about my age (16 maybe? I go to a large school, so I didn't know her) and her friend came up to me. Apparently I had a class with them in the first semester, when I didn't really care to know anybody, and started talking about how I never say hi or anything. Then, girls being how girls are, immediately changed the subject. She asked why I was dressed nicely. I decided to be smug about it and say "You know what ZZ Top says about Women and sharp dressed men? ... Well, I don't know either. It doesn't apply to me." She laughs, but her friend just stares blankly. Turns out she doesn't know who ZZ Top is

I wanted to slap someone.

So... Close...

Amazing attempt. And that is really what it's all about, ATTEMPTING the challenge.

As long as you have the guts to attempt the challenge, it's not all that important that you actually pull it off, because you're going to get hits and misses.

Keep attempting, and you'll likely get more success than failure.

Good work man.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Updates?

Quote by Våd Hamster

I spoke to two more girls in my PE class last week. (Jess and Cat.) They both said no and they were nice about it, but I'm quite used to rejection by now so I took it well. That's it for now.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
My psychologist said that there was a man who was also a psychologist that had social problems of his own and so he set out to do a few challenges to help him get over them. I remember two of them. One was that he always was afraid of what people thought of him and that everyone was watching him waiting to make fun of him, so he tied a banana to his feet and went to the mall. He noticed that nobody would look at the banana and if they did they didn't care or just pointed it out to him and move on, so he learned that people don't notice the small things and are not always looking to humiliate you. The second one was that he sat down on a bench in a park and to the next 100 girls that would sit in the other bench he would ask them out. supposedly 99 said no and the only 1 who said yes stood him up. he learned that rejection is not so bad.

I bring this up because... well, like most of the people here I have social problems too and even thought I did some weird challenges with my psychologist I've never been able to get over it complete and I would like to do this but I'll probably never get around to it... I'll try though.
^That's awesome

Quote by Våd Hamster

When is the next challenge?
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
Right now.

Now that you have a number, you're to take one of the girls on a date.

And I say "one of the girls" for two reasons.

1. You're the only one that's updating me
2. You've managed to get more than one number :

EDIT: Now I'm going to assume you're going to rape this challenge.

So your next one isn't going to be so easy. It's going to be quite a bit different in fact.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Last edited by thanksgiving at May 15, 2012,
Yay finished challenge three, even though I was certain I wouldn't complete it out of shyness, but I overcame it. Long story short I chatted up with a girl that hangs out with some of my friends, and after the third time talking to her I asked for her number so we could continue a convo we were having.
(❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by thanksgiving
Right now.

Now that you have a number, you're to take one of the girls on a date.

And I say "one of the girls" for two reasons.

1. You're the only one that's updating me
2. You've managed to get more than one number :

EDIT: Now I'm going to assume you're going to rape this challenge.

So your next one isn't going to be so easy. It's going to be quite a bit different in fact.

Sorry to dissapoint......

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do this one. I use my highschool as my grounds for these challenges, but school is about to end and finals start, and I've exempted all of my finals. I'd love to try it, but I have no way to take her on a date outside of school. In all seriousness, this challenge isn't possible for me, due purely to the circumstances. Do I have to actually get a date? Or do I just have to ask for the challenge? Because if I just have to ask, then that's fine, because I'm sure they're all going to say no. Other than that I can't do this. If the rest of these challenges involve dating, then I'm completely out. You have any ideas, or any alternatives?
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro