ThrashLife
662 IQ
Hey! So first of all: am I right when I think a mixboard/monitor is just a bigger interface soundcard with more things on it than for example a Line 6 Pod ux 2? Because if I'm right, then it is probably differences in the quality of raw recordings on each interface?

I am using a tiny tiny soundcard that makes horrible quality, but will buying a better interface get better quality on the recording itself even if it's not mixed? In that case is it worth it buying a small size mixboard or just an interface like the Line 6 POD series? The soundcard I have is something called UGM 96 which is just crap, even tho it costed a little money ...

I'm new to recording, but I believe having a good interface is making a huge difference compared to having a bad one?
Quote by carlos_almighty
You just wanna try it? My philosophy is, "If it makes you curious, try it at least once."

Also: "Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted!"
strangedogs
An Old Dude with an AX...
1,670 IQ
Buy an Interface - you'll be glad you did. The mixer isn't necessary.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!