Page 1 of 12
bobafettacheese
1,387 IQ
We are starting a list of Joyo pedals. Please give some information about the pedal, the price, sound, what it is a possible clone of, etc. Any other pertinent information is welcome. Let this be a list to help others making decisions buying these pedals.
I will start, others feel free to chime in and add as needed. Thanks in advance and Cheers!

Vintage Overdrive-$39.99 USD, appears to be cloned after the Ibanez TS9. Great overdrive pedal, can be used as a boost. Works like any tubescreamer or overdrive pedal. When put after distortion can tighten up the sound, when added to clean can give a nice added blues-y punch to the mix.

Ultimate Overdrive-$39.99 USD, appears to be cloned after the OCD. Many people have said that they are just straight replicas of the OCD. Great pedal!

Digital Delay-$39.99 USD, has adjustable delay sounds and has the ability to change the level at which the delay is prominent in the overall sound. Very rich sound, some think it sound very analog rather than digital. Can be blended very well with other sounds to create unique sounds, at a lower tempo it can even sound like a reverb.

Comparison/Possibly clones of website:
http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewt...i+drive#p180644

Joyo website:
http://www.joyoaudio.com/en/product/fl_26.html

Video Comparisons:
ultimate drive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkebhYMOpcI
vintage od http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rWid6aO0_Y
ultimate drive vs ocd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ4mKOuy8bo
digital delay vs boss dm2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujicYYmglrQ
Gibson-DC standard, PRS S2 Mira, Ibanez RG570, Schecter Banshee 7, MIA strat, Reverend Manta Ray 290
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, Peavey 5150, Mesa Rectoverb
Mesa 4x12,2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
Last edited by bobafettacheese at May 1, 2012,
bobafettacheese
1,387 IQ
Thanks Dave, also for pictures and other pertinent information here is the link directly to Joyo's website, http://www.joyoaudio.com/en/product/fl_26.html . I am not trying to sell these pedals at all, just trying to inform and to cut down on all the countless Joyo threads.
Gibson-DC standard, PRS S2 Mira, Ibanez RG570, Schecter Banshee 7, MIA strat, Reverend Manta Ray 290
Mesa 4x12,2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
People complain about where to buy them, check Amazon!
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^^
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Punk_Ninja
Orianthi fanboy.
4,555 IQ
Thanks for that link, Dave! I've been wondering about what some of the pedals are cloning! =)

Might give a couple a try...real tempted by their ultimate drive.
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
2,565 IQ
Apparently the Classic Flanger is an MXR M117 (the EVH flanger) - unconfirmed
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
bobafettacheese
1,387 IQ
It would be great if we could get audio samples of the real thing vs. the clone, to make accurate comparisons. Granted this would take some work, but it would be informative. Just a dream. I know a lot of people are interested.
Mesa 4x12,2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
Kittythulhu
122 IQ
Quote by bobafettacheese
It would be great if we could get audio samples of the real thing vs. the clone, to make accurate comparisons. Granted this would take some work, but it would be informative. Just a dream. I know a lot of people are interested.

ultimate drive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkebhYMOpcI
vintage od http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rWid6aO0_Y
ultimate drive vs ocd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ4mKOuy8bo
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Does anyone own the Vintage OD? Can they tell me if it's worth picking up or not?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
China is all sorts of ****ed up. Or badass depending on how you look at it.
Joyo lists job requirements depending on the gender of the employee. Do that state-side and you will be out of business faster than Gloria Alrad can call a press conference.
Last edited by R45VT at Apr 30, 2012,
robertsanidiot
345 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
Does anyone own the Vintage OD? Can they tell me if it's worth picking up or not?

Do it.
bobafettacheese
1,387 IQ
Quote by robertsanidiot
Do it.

+1
Mesa 4x12,2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
bobafettacheese
1,387 IQ
Quote by Kittythulhu

Awesome, thanks for the addition.
Mesa 4x12,2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Thanks for that link, Dave! I've been wondering about what some of the pedals are cloning! =)

Might give a couple a try...real tempted by their ultimate drive.

what type of amp do you have? I should know but i forget Just i think my UD sounds better through fendery amps.

Quote by Cathbard
Apparently the Classic Flanger is an MXR M117 (the EVH flanger) - unconfirmed

is it? i thought it was the ibanez one (just judging by the names on the knobs, which obviously is hardly scientific!)
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by Kittythulhu

i doubt the digital delay is a clone, i mean the dm2 is analogue, right?

don't get me wrong, it still sounds good

Quote by ChemicalFire

it is if you need a tubescreamer on the cheap
Quote by classicrocker01

Punk_Ninja
Orianthi fanboy.
4,555 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
what type of amp do you have? I should know but i forget Just i think my UD sounds better through fendery amps.

I'm using a Cornford Roadhouse 30, not exactly a Fendery sounding amp!

But even if it doesn't sound great I've not lost much! =P
Telecaster7
Call me Leon
1,439 IQ
TS! Edit first post to have all the links, and give it a pretty format, then it'll look convincing and people might stop making threads

(I wasn't saying this one is shit, I'm only suggesting )
Last edited by Telecaster7 at May 1, 2012,
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I'm using a Cornford Roadhouse 30, not exactly a Fendery sounding amp!

But even if it doesn't sound great I've not lost much! =P

yeah that's true

plus i mean i just plug the darn thing in and don't even tweak the amp. it might sound fine through a british-voiced amp
Quote by classicrocker01

Punk_Ninja
Orianthi fanboy.
4,555 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah that's true

plus i mean i just plug the darn thing in and don't even tweak the amp. it might sound fine through a british-voiced amp

Hah! I'll have to give it shot when some money appears! A £30 OCD seems too good to be true til I've tried one out! =P
WhineX
245 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
it might sound fine through a british-voiced amp

I think it's sound kinda bad through my JMP 2204..
But it's great for an early Black Sabbath-ish sort of overdrive.
bobafettacheese
1,387 IQ
Quote by Telecaster7
TS! Edit first post to have all the links, and give it a pretty format, then it'll look convincing and people might stop making threads

(I wasn't saying this one is shit, I'm only suggesting )

Thanks for the heads up, just changed things, hopefully it is a little more appealing now.
Mesa 4x12,2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
Kittythulhu
122 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
i doubt the digital delay is a clone, i mean the dm2 is analogue, right?

don't get me wrong, it still sounds good

definitely not a clone of the dm2, but it sounds good in comparison!
Prophet of Page
258 IQ
I don't really need them, but I think I'll order the Vintage Overdrive and the Ultimate Drive in the next month or so. €60 won't ruin me if I don't like them. It's barely more than the price of a DS-1.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
2,565 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
is it? i thought it was the ibanez one (just judging by the names on the knobs, which obviously is hardly scientific!)

It sounds nothing like an Ibanez Flanger. I had an FL9 for many years, it was my only mod pedal for a long time. I could do anything with that thing. The Joyo aint an FL9, that I can be certain of.

I'm not certain it's an MXR but that is the chatter around the water cooler. It's believable. I've never owned one though so I can't be sure. That's just the chat. I probably should pull mine apart and compare it to a schematic of an M117. I hate tracing pcb's though. Maybe one day when I've got nothing better to do.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at May 1, 2012,
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^ ah ok, fair enough

thanks

Quote by Punk_Ninja
Hah! I'll have to give it shot when some money appears! A £30 OCD seems too good to be true til I've tried one out! =P

yeah

£24 or so on thomann

Quote by WhineX
I think it's sound kinda bad through my JMP 2204..
But it's great for an early Black Sabbath-ish sort of overdrive.

yeah its darkness definitely helps with it through cleaner amps, i think, but it's a but much through brit amps

Quote by Kittythulhu
definitely not a clone of the dm2, but it sounds good in comparison!

ah ok

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't really need them, but I think I'll order the Vintage Overdrive and the Ultimate Drive in the next month or so. €60 won't ruin me if I don't like them. It's barely more than the price of a DS-1.

if you're ordering a couple you might as well get them on thomann, as you get the 3 year warranty (and if anything goes wrong with them they probably won't even ask you to return them).
Quote by classicrocker01

Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 1, 2012,
bobafettacheese
1,387 IQ
Fish, get a delay and a flanger, spice the ambient sounds up a little more. If i had money right now I would go for the flanger and possibly the ultimate drive, I am a sucker for some overdrive.
Mesa 4x12,2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
Krauser
Ibanez Recommender
1,617 IQ
Seems like a relevant place to post this (because I assume it's better than starting ANOTHER Joyo thread).

I need to power some pedals (currently 2, a decimator and a TS9, with room to expand in the future) and I noticed the Joyo JP-01 power supply. I assume it's better than running batteries and/or running multiple separate DC power supply/bricks and it's also quite a bit cheaper than some of the bigger supplies I've seen which are bigger in comparison. Is it worth the buy? I assume it's fine for ~$50 but does anyone know of any glaring issues with it?

EDIT: This is the item in question just to clarify. I assume it should work fine with the TS9 and Decimator since they're both 9V DC correct?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOYO-PEDAL-POWER-MULTI-OUTLET-POWER-SUPPLY-/300696936662?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item4602ef20d6#ht_1094wt_956
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Last edited by Krauser at May 2, 2012,
The Last Dandy
Only going nowhere
481 IQ
Any thread that allows me to reiterate how glad I am that I picked up the UD is a thread I'm more than okay with. Absolutely love Joyo stuff, can't be beaten for the price.
Punk_Ninja
Orianthi fanboy.
4,555 IQ
Quote by Krauser
I need to power some pedals (currently 2, a decimator and a TS9, with room to expand in the future) and I noticed the Joyo JP-01 power supply. I assume it's better than running batteries and/or running multiple separate DC power supply/bricks and it's also quite a bit cheaper than some of the bigger supplies I've seen which are bigger in comparison. Is it worth the buy? I assume it's fine for ~$50 but does anyone know of any glaring issues with it?

It might be worth a shot. If it's no good you can return it, if you can't return it you aren't exactly broke from a Joyo product! =P

But personally I wouldn't want to cheap out on a power supply, unless of course I'd heard it has no problems/noise and works well.

If I were to look at a cheap power supply, I'd personally probably go with a OneSpot. But who knows? Maybe Joyo copy real good power supplies as well as pedals?

If you do go for it, be sure to let us know how good it is! =)

EDIT: Taking a quick look at some opinions on that power supply, people say it's pretty good, so I guess it might be worth a purchase! =)
Last edited by Punk_Ninja at May 2, 2012,
NakedInTheRain
Registered Muser
1,498 IQ
Quote by Krauser
Seems like a relevant place to post this (because I assume it's better than starting ANOTHER Joyo thread).

EDIT: This is the item in question just to clarify. I assume it should work fine with the TS9 and Decimator since they're both 9V DC correct?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOYO-PEDAL-POWER-MULTI-OUTLET-POWER-SUPPLY-/300696936662?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item4602ef20d6#ht_1094wt_956

it's cheaper because it doesn't have isolated outputs. it's basically a one spot in a more convenient form.

i recommend a t-rex fuel tank junior. best value power supply ever. solid and quiet.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^ thomann does a cheapo copy of the fuel tank junior. to be fair, my first one was faulty, but after that they've worked.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
Isn't it like £10 shipping from Thomann though? =/

true (more like £8 at current exchange rate, though it depends how badly your CC rips you off on the exchange rate) but if you buy two it cancels out the shipping and you get the 3 year warranty and "probably don't have to even return it if something goes wrong" return policy.
Quote by classicrocker01

zero
UG Veteran
155 IQ
For what its worth I picked up a Joyo Classic Chorus the other day for all of about $40 - No idea what it is a clone of but I'm really impressed.

Straight up solid unit that gives all the shimmery watery goodness you could ever ask for. Only has rate and width control which does restrict tweaking but for >$50 you really cant complain. Only other criticism, the location of the 9v jack is ridiculous, pretty much right in the way of where your patch cable would sit - but again its something to overlook for the price.

Just debating the vintage phase at the moment or whether I shell out the extra cash for a MXR - honestly its a hard sell.
Punk_Ninja
Orianthi fanboy.
4,555 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
true (more like £8 at current exchange rate, though it depends how badly your CC rips you off on the exchange rate) but if you buy two it cancels out the shipping and you get the 3 year warranty and "probably don't have to even return it if something goes wrong" return policy.

Ah right, I guess that is pretty good then! =)

Quote by zero
For what its worth I picked up a Joyo Classic Chorus the other day for all of about $40 - No idea what it is a clone of but I'm really impressed.

Just debating the vintage phase at the moment or whether I shell out the extra cash for a MXR - honestly its a hard sell.

I think the Joyo Classic Chorus is meant to be a copy of a Boss CE-2.
I use a ToneRider CE-2 clone which is great, if the Joyo is anything as good I can imagine it's a great pedal.

I'm also contemplating the "MXR or Joyo" thing for a Phaser. Cos on eBay MXR phase 90s can go for peanuts. But I have heard that the Joyo is a clone of a Script Phase 90 as opposed to the block phase 90, and I much prefer the tone of Script 90s. So I'm not sure whether to wait for a good deal on a script or a Joyo.
...that or I could get both...one to be usable and one to dime for crazy sounds. =P
jukejointjohnny
27 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ thomann does a cheapo copy of the fuel tank junior. to be fair, my first one was faulty, but after that they've worked.

This is probably the computer-builder in me, but I'd NEVER cheap out on a power supply. You only need it to develop a fault or short out and you've got the potential of incorrect voltages going to your electronics, which in my general experience tends to fry them.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
Last edited by jukejointjohnny at May 2, 2012,
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^ i have no idea

Quote by Punk_Ninja
Ah right, I guess that is pretty good then! =)

I think the Joyo Classic Chorus is meant to be a copy of a Boss CE-2.
I use a ToneRider CE-2 clone which is great, if the Joyo is anything as good I can imagine it's a great pedal.

I'm also contemplating the "MXR or Joyo" thing for a Phaser. Cos on eBay MXR phase 90s can go for peanuts. But I have heard that the Joyo is a clone of a Script Phase 90 as opposed to the block phase 90, and I much prefer the tone of Script 90s. So I'm not sure whether to wait for a good deal on a script or a Joyo.
...that or I could get both...one to be usable and one to dime for crazy sounds. =P

the tonerider's better than the joyo chorus (unless the one i have is dodgy, i've only tried mine). But the joyo phaser is very nice. never tried the mxr so i don't know which one it's a clone of.
Quote by classicrocker01

Punk_Ninja
Orianthi fanboy.
4,555 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
the tonerider's better than the joyo chorus (unless the one i have is dodgy, i've only tried mine). But the joyo phaser is very nice. never tried the mxr so i don't know which one it's a clone of.

Ah, well, the Tonerider is a great pedal. It'd be surprising for another company to beat it for a similar price. =)

There seems to be mixed opinions on what the Phaser is a clone of, I've read more accounts of it being "script"-like, but there are a few who have suggested it's a Block clone. But it's cool to know that the phaser is good! =)