Page 2 of 12
Might be getting a couple of these some time in the next couple of weeks. Very excited for one.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
In that case, I think I'll go with a T-Rex Jr. Was going to get that in the first place but the Joyo looked cool as well. Might as well stick with what I know will be quality and I can get one used for around 70 or so anywho. Also, I was looking at the EQ pedal from Joyo too... it appears to be a copy of the MXR 6 band. Anyone have any experience?
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
The Character series is really catching my eye. Am I correct in assuming that they are clones of the sansamp character series? My band is debating buying the british model as a gift to the guitarist and I myself am debating the merits of the california.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Ah, well, the Tonerider is a great pedal. It'd be surprising for another company to beat it for a similar price. =)

There seems to be mixed opinions on what the Phaser is a clone of, I've read more accounts of it being "script"-like, but there are a few who have suggested it's a Block clone. But it's cool to know that the phaser is good! =)

no idea, i'ver never tried the mxr versions. i just know the joyo one sounds "good" and "as i expect". But without having an original to compare it to, "as i expect" means "ballpark" rather than "nails it"
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by Dave_Mc
no idea, i'ver never tried the mxr versions. i just know the joyo one sounds "good" and "as i expect". But without having an original to compare it to, "as i expect" means "ballpark" rather than "nails it"

Hah, well as long as it makes a kind of "whoosh" sound, it's good enough! =P
hehe
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
I have 2 of these

Vintage Overdrive, nice tones and decent for a boost.

Ulitimate Drive, noisy pedal that turns my amp into a radio.
Loz, what kind of amp are you using and are you standing close to any other electrical equipment, computers, cell phones, etc?
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese
Loz, what kind of amp are you using and are you standing close to any other electrical equipment, computers, cell phones, etc?

Blackstar ht5 head. Its hard to get very far from that stuff, but i will say its the only pedal i have that produces the radio effect.
Quote by Lozhaze
Blackstar ht5 head. Its hard to get very far from that stuff, but i will say its the only pedal i have that produces the radio effect.

Sounds like you have a faulty one. Bad internal earth maybe.

What I want to know is, what are their wireless links like? Anybody tried one?
They look pretty flimsy but you never know with Joyo, they could be a real sleeper.

$80 for a wireless link sounds too good to be true but then their pedals seem that way too and they actually are good.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Sounds like you have a faulty one. Bad internal earth maybe.

What I want to know is, what are their wireless links like? Anybody tried one?
They look pretty flimsy but you never know with Joyo, they could be a real sleeper.

$80 for a wireless link sounds too good to be true but then their pedals seem that way too and they actually are good.

+1

call me lover boy
How close is the Ultimate Octave to the Fulltones original? I'm considering to get it pretty soon.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Bump

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Anyone know if these guy's pedal power devices are good?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Perverockstar69
How close is the Ultimate Octave to the Fulltones original? I'm considering to get it pretty soon.

I just got the Voodoo Octave. (diff. version of the ultimate octave, I guess.) The tone on it is pretty sweet. Nice thick fuzz, but not overbearingly muddy. Only thing about it is that the octave effect is very subtle. I can also say it's built like a tank. Every bit as solid as my Barber distortion pedal (which ain't a cheap pedal, by any means.) Ordered mine from wtf accessories, shipping took forever but it was cheaper than amazon.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
I think I will most likely be getting the Voodoo/Ultimate Octave when I'm looking for a cheap fuzz. I heard a good demo and seeing another recommendation makes me want to get it.
Quote by ThrashMetal014
I can also say it's built like a tank. Every bit as solid as my Barber distortion pedal (which ain't a cheap pedal, by any means.)

I think that's a big selling feature that we tend to skim over. So far every one I have seen is built in sold enclosures with decent switches, jacks and knobs - built to a higher standard then some pedals that I have paid more than double for.

I also noticed in my browsing today that there are two pedal designs for the classic chorus, one has a fist and the other has 3 muscle men, does anyone know if there is any difference other than cosmetic?
^ I like the phaser, though i'm no phaser afficionado. I assume it's a clone of a phase 90, but i haven't tried the original.
Quote by Cathbard

+2, the only other cheap wireless that comes to my mind is the Line6 g30 but that's more than three times the price. If this gizmo works then it would be great to have around. I found one review online about it that mentioned there was some hum/noise when using it, perhaps it was defective. I wonder if it would be easier to fix like the pedals are, but doubt it since its digital so it probably uses a chip. Any brave LLamas to take a leap of faith with this one?
Quote by Vendetta V
thanks dave for your input. hey actually I saw the wireless thing and though they are something like amplugs. Joyo doesnt seem to have anything like that? how about any other cheap amplug alternative?

Found amplug copies they make Joyo Mini Amp JA-03
Last edited by steven_ferns84 at May 9, 2012,
Ordered their Phaser last night. It's apparently been shipped, when it gets here I'll make a video and stuff so you can all see how it sounds. =)

After that, the ultimate drive is on my list.

...then I best get saving for the Eric Johnson Fuzz Face cos I've been craving that since before it was even announced. =P
Quote by Punk_Ninja
...then I best get saving for the Eric Johnson Fuzz Face cos I've been craving that since before it was even announced. =P

No to derail the thread, but I've heard good things. I'm on the EJ forum and a few guys there are loving them, and they've tried just about every silicon fuzz out there. It does seem pretty expensive though.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by Prophet of Page
No to derail the thread, but I've heard good things. I'm on the EJ forum and a few guys there are loving them, and they've tried just about every silicon fuzz out there. It does seem pretty expensive though.

Yeah I've heard good things. I mean, it's an Eric Johnson signature fuzz, how can it not be good!? =P

But yeah, it's pretty pricey. =( The annoying thing is, that in the US it's $200, in the UK it's £200. When $200 is worth £120. v_v Bad times.
Quote by Vendetta V
thanks dave for your input.

no problem
Wow, I never realised that the Joyo US Dream was meant to be a Suhr Riot clone!

Judging by the new gearmandude video at least: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tEnAubS98c

From that, they sound ridiculously similar! I mean, I think the Riot does sound a bit better, but there's a £120 price difference that makes me think the difference in quality doesn't matter all that much! =P

Argh, now I don't know whether I should spring for the Ultimate Drive or the US Dream. >_< =P
Quote by steven_ferns84
Found amplug copies they make Joyo Mini Amp JA-03

trying to look up the prices. if these are cheap than they gotta be a damn good companions for traveling

apparently it's somewhere around 15 bux or something?
http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/808896/211345486-506307108/Joyo-JA-03-Metal-Sound-Mini-Guitar-Amp-Pocket-Amplifier-Micro-Headphone.html

Quote by Punk_Ninja
Ordered their Phaser last night. It's apparently been shipped, when it gets here I'll make a video and stuff so you can all see how it sounds. =)

After that, the ultimate drive is on my list.

awesome, waiting for your update
Quote by Punk_Ninja

Judging by the new gearmandude video at least: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tEnAubS98c

From that, they sound ridiculously similar! I mean, I think the Riot does sound a bit better, but there's a £120 price difference that makes me think the difference in quality doesn't matter all that much! =P

Argh, now I don't know whether I should spring for the Ultimate Drive or the US Dream. >_< =P

US Dream sounds better imo. the Riot is a too trebly for me, i'm sure it's just an EQ fix, but i definitely dig the US Dream!
Quote by Kittythulhu
US Dream sounds better imo. the Riot is a too trebly for me, i'm sure it's just an EQ fix, but i definitely dig the US Dream!

I think I prefer that aspect of the Riot. To me it doesn't sound too trebly, it just seems like the brighter of the two. Usually I aim to achieve a brighter tone over a darker one, which I guess shows why I'm into the Riot a bit more! =)

But it's pretty shocking how a £40 pedal can go against a £160 pedal and have people prefer it!
Quote by Punk_Ninja

i figured it was a clone, but it's nice to see a vid

though those new ones seem to be all smd construction. not a problem (don't think so, anyway) but it does mean modding them is much harder
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I think I prefer that aspect of the Riot. To me it doesn't sound too trebly, it just seems like the brighter of the two. Usually I aim to achieve a brighter tone over a darker one, which I guess shows why I'm into the Riot a bit more! =)

But it's pretty shocking how a £40 pedal can go against a £160 pedal and have people prefer it!

it could be the compression of the US Dream that i like more
Upgrading the quality of the capacitors would probably sort out any differences. Even a lot of expensive pedals use cheap shitty components these days. Always worth having a look inside and replacing anything that looks like it came out of a Chinese Corn Flakes box.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I got the Vintage Phase in the post a couple of hours ago. Been playing around with it and I quite like it. =)

I've got to go out shortly but I have taken some (bad quality v_v) pictures and a quick initial test video that'll be up when I get the time.

My first thoughts on it are pretty much that I like it, I suspect it's a clone of the Script Phase 90 as opposed to the Block Phase 90. There's no official evidence of this, but just from what I've read (i.e. block being more aggressive and having a volume boost when engaged, the script being more subtle and stuff), the Joyo seems to fit the sounds that are described of the Script over the Block.

...of course it might not even be a Phase 90 clone, I'm not exactly a Phaser connoisseur...but with it being an orange one knob Phaser described to be good for Van Halen fans, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say it's a 90 clone. =P

I'll try to get pics and stuff up as soon as I can. =)
^ glad you like it
I was a bit sceptical of joyo, until I got their delay, it genuinely sounds better than my friends £90 delay.
The only thing I'm considering changing is the casing and knobs (the knobs stick and the casing looks cheap) , for the price I give 5/5
Anyway , I was wondering if anyone has the joyo flanger ? Is it decent ?
I'm looking for a flanger capable of soft and harsh sounds
Quote by darbreklaw
I was a bit sceptical of joyo, until I got their delay, it genuinely sounds better than my friends £90 delay.
The only thing I'm considering changing is the casing and knobs (the knobs stick and the casing looks cheap) , for the price I give 5/5
Anyway , I was wondering if anyone has the joyo flanger ? Is it decent ?
I'm looking for a flanger capable of soft and harsh sounds

Yeah, I have the Classic Flanger and it's very good. Word is that it's a clone of an MXR 117 (EVH's flanger) and I don't find that hard to believe. It has that sort of vibe to it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Yeah, I have the Classic Flanger and it's very good. Word is that it's a clone of an MXR 117 (EVH's flanger) and I don't find that hard to believe. It has that sort of vibe to it.

talking of cheap stuff and flangers. I acutally have a FAB falnger by danelectro on my pedalboard! elieev it or not, I love the thing O_O