Page 3 of 12
I've got a FAB Chorus, I quite like that too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I have the vintage OD and absolutely love it to death. I'm already thinking about getting more joyo pedals. Have hardly heard a bad word about them, I was told by a salesman at a music store in Melbourne that the crunch distortion was so similar to the pedal it's copied off there was a stop on selling them until the courts decided if it was a copyright infringement.
Still haven't bought one of these yet, sucks having no money
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Some Danelectro stuff honestly isn't so bad. The FAB chorus is passable, and surprisingly the CoolCat tremolo is one of the best out there IMO.
Quote by Cathbard
I've got a FAB Chorus, I quite like that too.

I have the Fab Echo - apparently modding it makes it sound loads better. It's the next project I have on the go, but from videos I've seen, end result puts my $110 delay to shame for the low cost of about 30 bucks.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by ma_tt11
I have the Fab Echo - apparently modding it makes it sound loads better. It's the next project I have on the go, but from videos I've seen, end result puts my $110 delay to shame for the low cost of about 30 bucks.

i got their fish n chips also which is brilliant. is also a big favorite along the UG's costs
I've got a couple of questions I'd like answered
Does anyone have experience with the roll boost as strictly a clean boost? And what do people think about the chorus? And do they sell a vibrato pedal?
]
I'ma pick up the Delay as a second delay once my guitar sells and I have some extra cash...I'm excited to try them!
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I've noticed Amazon's selling the Korg Pitchblack for 59 bucks. Do you think it's worth it to pick up the Joyo tuner for 45 dollars? I was looking at putting a Joyo tuner at the beginning of my board and one of their 6 band EQ's in the loop. Either way, the 6 band looks great!
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
I haven't seen much about the Joyo tuner, other than its a straight rip off of the Korg - honestly I would spend the extra $15 to get the real deal. Im all for clones when there are big savings to be had but when were talking about >$20 its wise to go for the tried and true product with a solid warranty IMO.

Really keen to hear about the 6 Band though... let us know if you get one!
Quote by zero
I haven't seen much about the Joyo tuner, other than its a straight rip off of the Korg - honestly I would spend the extra $15 to get the real deal. Im all for clones when there are big savings to be had but when were talking about >$20 its wise to go for the tried and true product with a solid warranty IMO.

Really keen to hear about the 6 Band though... let us know if you get one!

Yeah those were my thoughts exactly regarding the Korg. Always wanted a pitchblack and for 60 bones, you can't go wrong! And yeah, I'll definitely be getting the EQ soon... I've been going on a spree with gear and such recently after saving some money and coming back from college (I've actually got a crunch lab and a t-rex fuel tank junior on the way to my home right now and I'm in the process of building my own pedal board from scratch ) so there will hopefully be a bunch of stuff to talk about
Taylor 214CE

I was going to get one myself but ended up ordering a fuel tank junior which is on its way now. They aren't isolated output units so it's essentially a one spot in a nice little box. If that's what you're looking for, it's a cool like item (from when I was researching, I found a thread on a forum elsewhere where the poster dissected it to look at the internals and it looked fairly well constructed). As a backup supply or simply an alternative to a one spot or something of that nature, it looks promising!
Taylor 214CE

The one spot is a power supply that daisy chains multiple pedals together off of one power brick. Isolated outputs are generally quieter (as each pedal has its own independent 9V power source) where as a non-isolated system relies on daisy chaining the signal from each pedal before it. It isn't as bad as people say but there is often more chance for noise with such a system although they are usually much cheaper than isolated units. For example, the Joyo will power 8 pedals (if I'm not mistaken) and is around 50 bucks. A Fuel Tank Jr will do 5 and is 100 and most of the larger supplies are upwards of 150 dollars. There isn't a huge difference but if you're going for most quiet operation, you'll be better rewarded with an isolated system. Plus, there's a limit to the amount of pedals you can daisy chain. The Joyo unit is essentially a One Spot in a box (look up the item on google, it looks like a DC wall adapter with a bunch of cables on it). They're good, don't get me wrong, but they're more prone to noise than isolated units, which is their main selling point.
Taylor 214CE

I don't suppose anyone has tried their california pedal? I love the idea of having a mark and that awesome mark sound, but I hate the idea of paying mesa boogie my first born's blood for a real one. Does anyone know if it's any good? Which mark it's emulating? Or if it would even be worth it since I already have a dual rectifier?
Quote by robertsanidiot
I don't suppose anyone has tried their california pedal? I love the idea of having a mark and that awesome mark sound, but I hate the idea of paying mesa boogie my first born's blood for a real one. Does anyone know if it's any good? Which mark it's emulating? Or if it would even be worth it since I already have a dual rectifier?

Not tried it, but according to Davemc's link on the first page, it's meant to be a clone of the Tech21 California pedal, which according to their website is meant to sound like the Mark II.

It more than likely won't get your amp to sound exactly like a Mark II, but it might be worth a try. =)
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Not tried it, but according to Davemc's link on the first page, it's meant to be a clone of the Tech21 California pedal, which according to their website is meant to sound like the Mark II.

It more than likely won't get your amp to sound exactly like a Mark II, but it might be worth a try. =)

I'd like to eventually grab this thing, but I'd probably rather work on grabbing some of their other pedals first to help improve my main sound. But thanks for the info.
Quote by anvil is god
How is the noise gate they have?

Bump for this, I've been eyeing It as well.
Quote by falcon1439
I've got a couple of questions I'd like answered
Does anyone have experience with the roll boost as strictly a clean boost? And what do people think about the chorus? And do they sell a vibrato pedal?

i thought the chorus was a little disappointing (i mean the chorus in the older series, not the newer one, i haven't tried the newer one). I mean it's still "good for the money", but it's a bit noisy and not as rich as some other choruses- i prefer the tonerider chorus.

haven't tried the boost and i don't think they do a vibrato pedal
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
The Joyo Classic Chorus pedal is just pure cream! I bought it from ebay for around £30.00.. I would defo look into buying more Joyo pedals in the future.
Gear

Warlock Stagg
PRS SE Single Cut
Ibanez RG series
Aria AW45 solid top acoustic guitar

Peavey 6505+
Harley Benton 4x12

Zakk Wylde sig wah wah
Ibanez TS9
Joyo Classic Chorus
Boss NS-2
MXR M109 6 Band EQ
I've been trying out more expensive pedals like the Lovepedal Kalamazoo and the Way Huge Green Rhino and they've not really been what I've been looking for - so therefore I am now going to chuck 30 quid on a Joyo Ultimate Drive!
So glad this thread was created. I've been hearing so much talk of these pedals through the grapevine.

I've been looking to pickup a MXR script 90 but I might try out a joyo since a poster above characterized it as subtle like the script.

If anybody else has tried it, please chime in.
Orange Rockerverb 100MKII
Orange PPC412C
Fender Telecaster: Hotrails, Air Norton, Area '58
Bass big muff
Russian big muff
Boss OC-3
Boss DD-3
Joyo pedals are getting a lot of press lately, might plead with my parents to see if they'll buy me one. ^.^ Though my brother maybe getting one soon, so I'll post my first thoughts when he gets it.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Thought I'd give this a bump,

anyone know if the Harley Benton Joyo's are true bypass?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Anyone tried the Sweet Baby OD? I'm thinking thats the flavor I'm going to try...

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
^^ the ultimate drive isn't

the other ones claim to be, but i dunno, i haven't checked.

^ there was a thread over at musicradar where someone got one recently, maybe take a read at that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by roamingbard13
Anyone tried the Sweet Baby OD? I'm thinking thats the flavor I'm going to try...

Is it just me, or does the Sweet Baby OD look like a clone of the Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD? I'm noticing similar aspects about them. Not sure how close they are in sound though.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Quote by sg4ever
Is it just me, or does the Sweet Baby OD look like a clone of the Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD? I'm noticing similar aspects about them. Not sure how close they are in sound though.

According to the link Dave posted on the first page of this thread the Sweet Baby is a Sweet Honey clone.
And supposedly a pretty good one at that! I'll post a NPD when I get mine in...perhaps even with clips.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Interested to hear it, been eying up that or the Hot Plexi.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Anyone know how good the Digital Delay is, if anyone's had experience with one?

Going from Youtube demos, I seriously can't believe why anyone would have one of those crappy plastic Behringer pedals when you could have a Joyo. They seem like really good pedals for the money.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
^ yeah that's what i think too, though i haven't tried the behringers (plus they have a lot of more obscure clones, if that's what you need/want).

digital delay is pretty nice, if you're after a warm-sounding, analogue-voiced digital delay.

Quote by sg4ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIsGX7obQA0
I've owned Behringers shamefully to say and I'd just say avoid.

Parents just kept getting me them for Christmas and they broke before I'd even opened the box. lol
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
best joyo pedal for bonamassa type leads? Going through a Bugera V22
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah that's what i think too, though i haven't tried the behringers (plus they have a lot of more obscure clones, if that's what you need/want).

digital delay is pretty nice, if you're after a warm-sounding, analogue-voiced digital delay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIsGX7obQA0

Hmmm...the similarity is startling for such a vast price difference. Obviously, this doesn't speak for difference in build quality and internal design, but they sound very close.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
^ yeah

Quote by ProphetToJables
best joyo pedal for bonamassa type leads? Going through a Bugera V22

ultimate drive maybe?

or maybe the hot plexi, but i haven't tried it yet. might be too modern. depends on how "hot" it is.