Page 4 of 12
I'd say at least give the Ultimate Drive a shot, the tonal diversity that pedal has is nuts. Chances are it could do what you want it to.
Okay guys, my Joyo digital delay arrived in the post today. Plugged it into my 1 Spot and turned it on only to discover a loud sort of echo noise, like waves at the beach kind of thing. Never had a delay pedal before so I'm not being noobish hopefully? Only to my ears it doesn't sound right, the repeats are also sounding really muffled under the extreme background noise coming from the pedal. It's not a problem if it's broken as I can just return it within 7 days. Thanks guys!
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting one of their overdrive pedals...which one would be better suited for metal tones? the vintage or ultimate overdrive?
Quote by Section 5
Okay guys, my Joyo digital delay arrived in the post today. Plugged it into my 1 Spot and turned it on only to discover a loud sort of echo noise, like waves at the beach kind of thing. Never had a delay pedal before so I'm not being noobish hopefully? Only to my ears it doesn't sound right, the repeats are also sounding really muffled under the extreme background noise coming from the pedal. It's not a problem if it's broken as I can just return it within 7 days. Thanks guys!

Sounds like somethings wrong, but it may not be the new pedal at fault. Take everything else out of your signal chain and try using it with its own power supply - This will tell you if its the pedal or your setup that is causing the issues...
Quote by zero
Sounds like somethings wrong, but it may not be the new pedal at fault. Take everything else out of your signal chain and try using it with its own power supply - This will tell you if its the pedal or your setup that is causing the issues...

Yeah that may be the case, I stuck it right at the end of the signal chain so that may have something to do with it. I'll try what you said, and I'll also put it in the effects loop to see if that makes a difference. Cheers
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
No problem, ideally make it the last pedal in your effect loop but try it by its self first.
^ Thanks for your help mate. Unfortunately none of what you suggested worked; I put it in the effects loop but if anything the sound was worse, wherever in the chain it was placed. Really annoying as the Youtube demos of it sounded good! I've emailed the shop and they're happy to accept it returned, so I'll just do that now. Thanks anyway!
Quote by Section 5

yeah that sounds faulty

Quote by rayven1lk
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting one of their overdrive pedals...which one would be better suited for metal tones? the vintage or ultimate overdrive?

if you're using it to boost an already distorted tube amp, then the vintage overdrive would be what you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Probably a stupid question, but do these pedals ship with a power adapter, or would I have to pick up one of those separately? Thinking about getting the US Dream.
no adapter included. they might come with a battery though.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by TremontiAddict
Thanks, still worth saving $140 total from the Riot haha.

no, its not.
mojostompboxes.com
just got me one of these..
http://www.cranbournemusic.com.au/cstore/935226000153.html
my first Joyo pedal, and it won't be my last!
it sounds pretty awesome, and it was cheap!
I needed a new delay, as my old one died, and im recording on saturday..
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
my old one only died cos I pulled it apart and touched capacitors...
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Has any one tried the line booster? Is it a copy of the MXR micro amp?
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)
has anybody used the joyo wireless packs? are they any good?
also has anybody used their amps?
Last edited by PeaveyPredatorX at Jun 18, 2012,
Felt this thread needed a bump. ^.^
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Has anybody checked out the analogue delay? I'm not convinced that its going to be analogue (or even close to analogue for that matter...). I got rid of my carbon copy, because I needed the money and this could do the trick.

I'm thinking of ordering one, but if its not actually analogue I'd rather get the digital one. Everyone seems to give it good reviews and says it has an analogue sound to it. Thanks.
Break it down and then break it up again
Me and my guitar drowning down and down
I recently got the Vintage Overdrive to boost my solo's. It was £29.99 from ebay and sounds amazing. I feel much happier knowing I have something that does what I want and cost much less than the super over priced and overrated in my opinion Ibanez Tube Screamer. Check this out for further proof. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rWid6aO0_Y
Quote by Ichabod Crane
I recently got the Vintage Overdrive to boost my solo's. It was £29.99 from ebay and sounds amazing. I feel much happier knowing I have something that does what I want and cost much less than the super over priced and overrated in my opinion Ibanez Tube Screamer. Check this out for further proof. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rWid6aO0_Y

Sounds really nice, I want one of those now
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by fenderatticus
Has anybody checked out the analogue delay? I'm not convinced that its going to be analogue (or even close to analogue for that matter...). I got rid of my carbon copy, because I needed the money and this could do the trick.

I'm thinking of ordering one, but if its not actually analogue I'd rather get the digital one. Everyone seems to give it good reviews and says it has an analogue sound to it. Thanks.

No experience with them but as they are so cheap its worth a shot, there is a lot of buzz about joyo at the moment so you would sell it on again easy
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)
Quote by fenderatticus

i suspect it's not analogue

i seem to remember it might have been reversed on freestompboxes.org, so maybe do a search there?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Does anyone have any experience with the A/B pedal?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quick question. I have been considering a TS 9 keely mod. If a vintage OD is the same as a TS9 can I just get a vintage od instead and get that moded??
Just bought a Joyo phaser on Amazon... Will post stuff when I get it in a couple of days.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
The knob on mine fell off immediately. Let me know if you have the same problem. I'm sure you will be able to sound just like Van Helen however.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by greeny23
it probably sucks.

Been looking at pedals a lot lately & read through this thread to find out more about Joyo - you seem to be the only person who isn't recommending them, I'm guessing you've had a bad experience? How about telling us all what happened & putting some evidence behind your negativity?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Aug 21, 2012,
i've justified it a hundred times. read around, you'll find it.
mojostompboxes.com
Obviously just haven't found those comments yet - if they're out there in active threads, I guess I'll come across them eventually
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Obviously just haven't found those comments yet - if they're out there in active threads, I guess I'll come across them eventually

If you're going to buy one, just don't expect it to be something amazing. They're all copies of other pedals, some of which the original could be bought for used what the Joyo's go for new. They're nice if you want to familiarize yourself with an effect, or just play at home, buy you get what you pay for.
Quote by barden1069
Quote by RealGuitarHero
If you're going to buy one, just don't expect it to be something amazing. They're all copies of other pedals, some of which the original could be bought for used what the Joyo's go for new. They're nice if you want to familiarize yourself with an effect, or just play at home, buy you get what you pay for.

If I get one I won't be expecting amazement, just filling a gap when I need an effect - I've only just switched from using a multieffect unit to starting putting a pedal board together so I don't have a big selection yet.

For what I've got so far I've found good deals on bigger name pedals, but everywhere I look I'm reading good things about cheaper names like Joyo & Belcat which has got me thinking about using them for the effects I use less often.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
If I get one I won't be expecting amazement, just filling a gap when I need an effect - I've only just switched from using a multieffect unit to starting putting a pedal board together so I don't have a big selection yet.

For what I've got so far I've found good deals on bigger name pedals, but everywhere I look I'm reading good things about cheaper names like Joyo & Belcat which has got me thinking about using them for the effects I use less often.

which ones exactly?
Quote by barden1069
Quote by RealGuitarHero
which ones exactly?

If I end up getting Joyo or Belcat, it would be the effects I only use occasionally like chorus, flange & phase. I would have included tremelo & vibrato in that list, but I found a used Marshall Vibratrem for £25

The main thing is budget - as I don't use effects all the time, I can't justify spending big bucks on the boutique stuff. On the other hand, I'm not in a huge rush to build a big board, so can afford to be patient & wait for used stuff to turn up at the right price.

I mainly posted here because every review I've seen about Joyo & Belcat says they're good value for money without mentioning any any reliability issues, whereas other cheap brands like Behringer always have their poor quality control mentioned in everything you read.

Greeny23's comments were pretty much the first negative things I've seen - and now I've looked back over some older threads even he was saying they sounded good for the price a year or so ago
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Aug 21, 2012,
i wasn't that fussed on the joyo chorus. the tonerider one is better if you can still find one anywhere.
Quote by GaryBillington
Greeny23's comments were pretty much the first negative things I've seen - and now I've looked back over some older threads even he was saying they sounded good for the price a year or so ago

Greeny hates everything but Klons, I wouldn't worry too much.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!