Page 5 of 12
Quote by GaryBillington
If I end up getting Joyo or Belcat, it would be the effects I only use occasionally like chorus, flange & phase. I would have included tremelo & vibrato in that list, but I found a used Marshall Vibratrem for £25

The main thing is budget - as I don't use effects all the time, I can't justify spending big bucks on the boutique stuff. On the other hand, I'm not in a huge rush to build a big board, so can afford to be patient & wait for used stuff to turn up at the right price.

I mainly posted here because every review I've seen about Joyo & Belcat says they're good value for money without mentioning any any reliability issues, whereas other cheap brands like Behringer always have their poor quality control mentioned in everything you read.

Greeny23's comments were pretty much the first negative things I've seen - and now I've looked back over some older threads even he was saying they sounded good for the price a year or so ago

From experience, the phase is alright. But like I said I've seen Phase 90's used for the price they go. Cathbard has the Joyo Flanger and says it sounds quite like the MXR Flanger. I have the MXR and I love it. So if it's anything like it then more power to them for making it so affordable.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Sounds like they could be reasonable then - TBH, that's all I'm really after for stuff like that.

I'll still be looking for better used kit for other stuff, but this is the time of year when family & friends start asking me what I want for xmas/birthday so cheaper pedals that I'll only use occasionally are good things to put on my list instead of the usual CDs & DVDs I usually ask for.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
To be honest, the Phaser is a nice sounding one if you want a subtle phaser, then it's good.

But if you wan't something a bit more in the forefront the EHX Small Stone maybe better.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
You're the only person that has seen dodgey Joyo boards, Tim. I think they just don't like you.
Put on your tinfoil hat - it's a conspiracy.

The flanger I bought has none of the issues you've seen. I was actually quite impressed by the build quality, esp for the price.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Couple questions about the Joyo American Sound pedal.

If I'm reading this right and thinking correctly, this is basically an amp in the box right? Like the amp simulators most multi-fx have?

Has anyone tried these simulator pedals? I was listening to a demo and thought this would be something great to have as sort of a backup "amp" type thing for if my amp decides to blow out (I play for a church and usually mic'ed into a PA).

Also, seeing as how it's an amp simulator, could I still run my pedalboard (in sig) into the pedal and achieve a similar effect/sound as if actually plugging it into my amp?
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Bump for greeny.

FYI: i had the hot plexi joyo pedal. I don't anymore. The knobs did nothing it seems. It sounded overdrive, but damn those knobs if the volume didn't go up or down or the dist and tone knobs didn't do anything.
Looking to get a Way Huge Green Rhino tomorrow.
Epi G400 '66 Reissue
w/ Airline Vintage Voiced Single Coil Pickups
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Why did you remove your signature for this post?

I've notice the sig's site showing up in my local craigslist too.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by Killsocket
Bump for greeny.

FYI: i had the hot plexi joyo pedal. I don't anymore. The knobs did nothing it seems. It sounded overdrive, but damn those knobs if the volume didn't go up or down or the dist and tone knobs didn't do anything.
Looking to get a Way Huge Green Rhino tomorrow.

Was going to pick one up eventually. Looks like I might not be now.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I don't know what that means.

The website is posting listings on craigslist which say "Pedals for Sale" and the listing has a link to the website in "guitarsmate" signature. The website is showing up all over the place for me is what that means.
Quote by barden1069
Well my American Sound pedal should be coming in a few days. It's supposed to simulate a Fender type amp so I'll try and do a side by side comparison with my Blues Jr mic'ed with a 57 and the pedal and a review.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Had a Joyo Classic Flanger delivered today

Sounds pretty good, and feels fairly sturdy too.

The power adapter being on the side of the pedal instead of the top like my other pedals is a bit of a pain though. I'm running a few pedals off a daisy chain adapter (only just switched from a multi fx unit so still building up a collection), not only does it get in the way of the right angle jack for the patch cable, it also means I won't be able to use the next output on the chain as it needs to reach all the way around the pedal to get to the next one.

Will need some creative positioning of pedals to work around it, but other than that I'm pretty pleased with the purchase so far.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington

The power adapter being on the side of the pedal instead of the top like my other pedals is a bit of a pain though.

yeah that annoys me too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Is the flanger worth getting?

Tried the Phaser in the loop of my Laney, really really impressed with it!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
sure, if you use flanger
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by Dave_Mc
sure, if you use flanger

Pretty much the obvious answer - no point getting it if you aren't going to use it!!

I guess if you aren't sure though, something like the Joyo is a good one to try as you aren't spending much money on it so if you don't use it, you haven't lost anything.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
yeah exactly
Quote by GaryBillington
if you don't use it, you haven't lost anything.

except your dignity.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
except your dignity.

I always take pride in annoying the grumpier members of these forums
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Obviously just practising for when you can proudly call yourself a grumpy old git then
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by greeny23
except your dignity.

and greeny's the forum expert in losing one's dignity
Quote by Dave_Mc
and greeny's the forum expert in losing one's dignity

mojostompboxes.com
Well I've had my Phaser over a week and it hasn't died yet... Which is good, I'll give it a few years though.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Well I've had my Phaser over a week and it hasn't died yet... Which is good, I'll give it a few years though.

Same goes for my Flanger.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I've had my phaser for 2 months now and sub the knob falling off it still works. I haven't really abused it though. Kinda disappointing though how we all talk about our pedals like it is such a relief that they've lasted a couple of weeks/months and not years.
Quote by barden1069
That is a good point, when I bought the phaser however, I assumed it would be plastic like a Behringer, nice to see it's a metal casing...
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Hey guys, I don't know if anyone's previously asked this (I couldn't be bothered reading the whole thread) but I was just wondering which Joyo OD pedal would be more appropriate for the modern high-gain metal tone out of the Vintage OD (tbe screamer clone) and the Ultimate Drive (Fulltone OCD clone)? I mainly play metalcore and deathcore kinda stuff. I'm getting one to accompany the head I'm getting (a Bugera 333xl). Obviously I'd try them both out with the amp if I could but I can't since I'll be buying one online! I know it won't make a huge difference, I was just wondering if anyone could guide me to one or the other. Thanks!
The Vintage OD's a Tubescreamer clone, I think it would be perfect for what you're wanting.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Awesome, thanks! Also, this is completely unrelated but has been bugging me for ages. I'm a complete noob on this website, how can I add a footer or whatever you call it to the bottom of each post?
EG

Or do you just have to copy and paste that each time you post something? Haha.
Quote by SamuelParry
Awesome, thanks! Also, this is completely unrelated but has been bugging me for ages. I'm a complete noob on this website, how can I add a footer or whatever you call it to the bottom of each post?
EG

Or do you just have to copy and paste that each time you post something? Haha.

Click on the link near the top of this page that say "Control Panel". That takes you to your forum profile where you can change all sort of things. The footer you're talking about is changed by selecting the "Edit Signature" link.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud