I mean, we all know that psychopaths are extremely charismatic right...they gain people's affection and sympathy. They basically use this to survive, which is how they get so good at triggering specific emotions in people, they imitate so well they easily exceed an average person's charm.
Popularity. You may ask, if they're so extraordinary how come they don't take over the world? The answer is that, in all probability and at least in part, they already have.

We follow them, we can't help it. They come in all shapes and sizes, so how are you supposed to know who's an actual sociopath and who's just a strong individual and leader? Hell, maybe it's always been this way. We're driven to them so we willingly let them get to the top of the ladder. The problem? Well, they're psychopaths.

They do everything for their own sake, they're not concerned about what others feel. A sociopath is capable of murdering at random out of 'curiosity' and come away with a few annoying stains in their clothes and a boner. Empathy is completely eliminated from their equation. My point is, what if human kind has forever been given its image of violence as an everyday occurrence by these people? What if wars have always been at the hands of clinically unstable individuals who would never shed a tear for one death, let alone millions? Are we all just pawns in these people's game?

Holy fuck, just think about that.
Nahh, bitches are the root of all evil.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by sglover34479
Our Lord and savior wouldn't let that happen. Accept Christ into your heart brother.

A small percentage of Psychopaths are bad people or kill people or anything like that. A lot of them are actually successful CEOs of companies and positions of that nature. So to me I don't think Psychopaths are the root of all evil.
Yeah I remember watching some documentary on psychopaths and at one point it was talking about how a large number of managers or other successful people in business were psychopaths. And most of their employees didn't even know or notice anything special about them, instead they would admire them, be inspired by them and look up to them.
So yeah, seems like there are a lot more psychopaths out there then expected. Mostly I think it is because when people think of psychopath that they imagine extreme cases.
'The root of all evil' is not psychopathy. Evil stems from the normal people who stand idly by and let atrocities occur.
Psychopaths are a myth. In no way does anyone have the ability to make you do anything or change your mind.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
The lack of empathy is the root of evil. That is the difference between someone capable of doing evil and someone who isn't.
Quote by Neo Evil11
Psychopaths are a myth. In no way does anyone have the ability to make you do anything or change your mind.

nt sur if srs
Quote by Todd Hart
nt sur if srs or stpd

It appears bro, that we can only settle this in a death match.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
It appears bro, that we can only settle this in a death match.

Rapiers at dawn it is then, good sir!
Quote by peaches58`
A small percentage of Psychopaths are bad people or kill people or anything like that. A lot of them are actually successful CEOs of companies and positions of that nature. So to me I don't think Psychopaths are the root of all evil.

But are they not precisely the ones whose actions, while in such positions, compromise a good number of other people's lives? Because yeah, maybe they fit into society well enough, but being psychopaths they are incapable of caring for them.

Quote by FN77
The lack of empathy is the root of evil. That is the difference between someone capable of doing evil and someone who isn't.

And could psychopathy be the root of the lack of empathy? No?

Quote by Neo Evil11

You're starting to sound a lot like a psycho right now...
Last edited by Basti95 at Apr 30, 2012,
Quote by Todd Hart

Rapiers at dawn it is then, good sir!

Your dawn or mine?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11

Not sure if the real joker.

EDIT: Doesn't matter, read your user title.
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Apr 30, 2012,
Quote by Basti95
You're starting to sound a lot like a psycho right now...

Please elaborate. Why on earth would I be a psycopath?

Also you don't by any chance play Fifa 12 do you?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Please elaborate. Why on earth would I be a psycopath?

Also you don't by any chance play Fifa 12 do you?

Kidding. You're probably not, although they represent 1% of the human population.

And no, sadly i don't.
Quote by Basti95
Kidding. You're probably not, although they represent 1% of the human population.

Too bad.

Quote by Basti95
And no, sadly i don't.

Then someone has stolen your username. But don't worry, I won 4-3 from him.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Too bad.

Then someone has stolen your username. But don't worry, I won 4-3 from him.

Well if you are a sociopath, then please eliminate the guy.
Quote by Basti95
Well if you are a sociopath, then please eliminate the guy.

Can I choke him with his own intestines?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get boners when I slaughter people in GTA IV, does it mean I'm a psychopath?

A few years ago, yes. These days it's normal behaviour for western world kids.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I keep reading the title as psychotherapy and I keep wanting to say yes.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by sglover34479
Our Lord and savior wouldn't let that happen. Accept Christ into your heart brother.

>Anton LaVey avatar
if one has no empathy
then perhaps he has no density
to live with me
and survive with thee

forever lives
forever dies
forever lies
your heart inside
Everyone knows that Cthulhu is the root of all evil.
Quote by Basti95
I mean, we all know that psychopaths are extremely charismatic right..

Stopped reading here. The majority absolutely are not, in order to be charismatic one requires the ability to empathise with others, something psychopaths find difficult. The majority are the absolute opposite of charismatic.
The ones people write books or make movies about are though, because it's an interesting concept, nothing more. A Psychopath is far more likely to be a weirdo than a charismatic CEO or Politician or something.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
in order to be charismatic one requires the ability to empathise with others

And i stopped reading right there.
Charisma: [mass noun] compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others (i'm not trying to be a douche, i genuinely wanted a definition )
They are not antisocial, they are very much capable of interaction. Typically, psychopaths spend their life observing other people, they study how things work and they imitate. No, they don't feel empathy, but they sure know what empathy looks like.

edit:

Quote by AzureNight
Certainly possible. I don't think you have to empathize with people to be charismatic at all. You're thinking of sociopaths, not psychopaths though. Chances are, the people who are truly in power are sociopaths.

Apparently the two nouns are completely interchangeable
Last edited by Basti95 at Apr 30, 2012,