Page 4 of 5
Our Test of an Amp

Engineered and Mastered @ The Engine Room

Not the complete track but Near Complete

http://soundcloud.com/1770/testing-an-amp

Thanks to Virgil From Ultimate Metal for sharing his Tracks

MIXING PRACTICE! Hypocrisy "Fire in the sky" (cover) multitracks (DI's included)!!!!!

If you would like to have a go at mixing the multitracks head over to

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/793366-mixing-practice-hypocrisy-fire-sky-cover-multitracks-dis-included.html

S1770
Last edited by S1770 at Jun 23, 2012,
Quote by lockwolf
The Vox model is probably the best AC30 model I've ever used. How much do I have to pay?

Edit: To expand on my thoughts. Its the best model to date that I've used. Every other AC30 model has just been missing that bite that nobody has been really able to capture till now. I can use it for pretty much every genre and feel that I need.

Also, I'm doing a little cheating but I've got Pod Farm Elements running an OD pedal before and a delay and reverb after and it gets me a sound close to what I'm used to playing through at home. Now I can actually capture the sound of an AC30 without having everyone in my condo complex pissed off that I've got an AC30 cranked at 2am.

Keep up the solid work!

Hi lockwolf,

I'm the creator of this amp head and I just wanted to thank you for all the praise you're sending my way. Just glad that you're enjoying it and not pissing off your neighbors [ha ha].

Working on some other stuff and will probably be re-releasing this amp head with another name.

Thanks again -

quadcore9000
just gets better & better! Never saw Lock this happy
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by JohnnyMcFly
Yeah love that head.. and the new legrepdle pack too!

Just check out the new heads in Leirbagpdl's pack and it's some amazing stuff

quadcore9000
Quote by quadcore9000
Hi lockwolf,

I'm the creator of this amp head and I just wanted to thank you for all the praise you're sending my way. Just glad that you're enjoying it and not pissing off your neighbors [ha ha].

Working on some other stuff and will probably be re-releasing this amp head with another name.

Thanks again -

quadcore9000

Well, you sir, are the best. Can't wait for the update.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Is there a tutorial for this thing yet? Really wanna make my own super awesome custom amp, that I can never share with anyone and sit there and be smug as I use it on my recordings.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
You know when you build an addition to your house, you get the walls up, the floor down, and you have that sense of accomplishment like, ahhh, I'm done!... ?

Then you realize, you have to paint, and you're like, ok just a little more and, I'm done! ?
Then you think Damn, I gotta do the trim yet too...
Damn I gotta clean now as well...

Thats me with head case right now... The Manual, The videos, The demos, The heads, The installer, the Tutorials, the ..... And the list goes on..

I promise, one's coming, MMJ did do one tutorial thats available here or at GAM..
Quote by JohnnyMcFly
Biker is a great amp

I concur - great HEAD!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Hi guys, I wanted to give you a sneak peak at somne of the features that have been enabled in Head Case 1.54. Right now I only have the Builder done, but nevertheless some of these features will be added to the Suite, and the rest of the head case plugs.

MIDI CONTROL!!
I am happy to say that for the first time, head case will have MIDI control. This was a bit of a pain for me because I have never written any midi control code before. So, it was a bit of a learning curve.

I tried to make it as easy as possible. Select the knob or switch that you want to control, click learn, step on a switch on your midi controller, and click stop learning. Thats it.. Oh and click save when you're done.
There is an enable button, and an Inverse button. I'm sure this will get a lot more sophisticated as I learn and use midi control myself for now its a start...

Locking Controls.
One of the things that bothered me and Amit about builder was that sometimes you would miss the knob and click in the drag area. You would end up moving your knob somewhere that you don't want it. This allows you to lock the controls in place so this does not happen.

Third Party Applications and scripts.
Head Case builder now has an interface that will allow you to easily get to the scripts and apps.

No more going to windows explorer to run a script or app. Just use the above program to select what apps or scripts you want made available, they will be made available in the apps menu shown below.

Other news about 1.54. We will be lifting the 10 head limit for head case lite demo, and we will be enabling head categories as well.

I hope to have this available to the pre-purchase forum by Saturday, and a full final (cross your fingers) beta release by Thursday.
Good to hear. How much do you guys think you're going to sell it for?
This baby is gonna RAWK!
Quote by lockwolf
Good to hear. How much do you guys think you're going to sell it for?

Well as always, I want to keep the price down, so right now, its 45 dollars for the LITE version. That includes only the Builder, and the Suite. For the complete version its 65 dollars. That includes everything, all plugs and an iFace license. People who have already bought iFace, will get the complete version for the price of the LITE version.

@strange.. thanks..
Love it! I'll be buying it and pretty much spreading the word as the best Amp Sim on the market.
Update!!
Vas Browser 3.31

Thanks to Amit for continuing to Update the Browser
Inside the Zip you will find VAS_BROWSER.hta
please copy the file to your installed headcase/UserScripts
folder overwriting the older version

once installed in the UserScripts folder double click on the file to launch

the browser checks to find out what amps you have installed so you are not installing multiple copys of the same amp
there is more information on the amp within the more info section as seen in the image below

Categorys can be chosen from the drop down menu on the left or you can chose to goto the stash or ampskindesigns from the buttons

when you find an amp you would like to try select the install button

Last edited by S1770 at Jul 6, 2012,
are you using Headcase LITE? There's a limit in LITE - I have the full pre-purchaser Headcase Suite 1.53 and have 20+ heads installed
Quote by lockwolf
Love it! I'll be buying it and pretty much spreading the word as the best Amp Sim on the market.

I concur - best Sim on the market!
Quote by CarsonStevens
Downloaded HeadCase LITE last night to check it out. Is there a particular preferred way to record a clean signal that will make the amps sound their best?

What's the point of recording a ''clean'' signal and then process it when you can hear yourself already ''reamped'' in real time with no latency ?
Quote by francesco18
What's the point of recording a ''clean'' signal and then process it when you can hear yourself already ''reamped'' in real time with no latency ?

Uh...

Well, currently my recording setup is amp -> mic -> Fosdex digital recorder. So, no; I can't hear myself already re-amped in realtime, because I can't hook up my guitar to a computer without an Interface... which I don't have.

So, I'm reading this thread and thinking "oh, look; somebody made an Orange amp sim for this software, and Orange amp modelling is as easy to find as tits on a bull... maybe I should download it and see if it's any good, because I'm an Orange fanboy who doesn't own anything better than an Orange Crush and I would love to have a good modeller."

So, I get the demo version, the amp sim in question, and fire it up, but as mentioned, I can't play in realtime so I load a clean clip I recorded previously, run it through the sim, and it sounds like shit. Now, the's a ton of variables involved, so I came here to ask if there was anything special I needed to do to dial in a good sound, because I would like to narrow down the possible avenues of fail. Savvy?
Built in England
Great Amps back in the days of Glam Metal
Bon-jovi Endorsed and Used KMD
KMD is no longer around they were discontinued
so if you into Charvel, Jackson,Kramer or Hammer Guitars
Give it a spin

Thanks Must go out to Jac ( MMJ ) for completing the Amp !

Cheers
S1770
Some amps I've tried are really impressive.

For instance The Sunn model T is nothing short of amazing but I wish it wasn't so effing LOUD; I've to turn the volume knob on my guitar all the way down to be able to use it without getting tinnitus; I find a bit annoying that there's such a huge difference in volume between the various amps. Other than that Headcase it's probably the most impressive amp modeling software I've tried. Great job, guys.
Try Cupernicus VM - it's an amazing head

A little info from the creator.

it's quite different sounding than your everyday head. more on fuzzed/muffed side.

warning: This is no metalhead

below is info from it's about file:
************************************************************************************************
#AmpName: Cubano

#ToneTags: Rock,Dirty,Fizzy,Fuzzy,Muffy,Sweet Harmonics, Santana'ish

#Author: Amit Talwar

#Cabs : MIMIC (internal) or use less Pres Cabs, filtercabs

#Description: A Dirty and Fizzy/Fuzyy Head. A Bit in Santana territory and bit in iommi's.

#Tips:
1. This has got a lot of high fizz. you'll have to tame that using cut knob or external eq
2. Ths Head is Primariily for very warm leads kinda sounds, close to a reed sounds. Specially with less attack.
3. A good deal of compresson followed by a fluid delay is just about the perfect setup for this head.
4. may not work very well with high treble/pres Ir's.
5. To Some it may sound as if there is no cab attached (and that is sort of sound i am after), like a wet speaker cone cut with blunt knife blades and abused with beer.
6. Pres Knob at lower settings changes tonality . A happy accident
7.Use Guitars Volume Control with this Head to clean up.
8.This is a noisy head to bear than in mind.
9. This is a head with over abundant harmonics and filth, so if that's not your type it'll be crap to your ears.
10. Use the Level knob to control tightness. Lower Values (up to 35%) yield fatter tones and anything above makes for chunkier.
11. The curves give more or less unbiased (tubes) feel to it loathed with gain.
12. Use Filtercabs for mellower santanaland tones.

S1770
Nice one. Santana was one of my heros... they keep coming and getting better and better.
If the Steam Summer Sale wasn't going on, I'd be all over that.

Here is a tweaked and revoiced cupernicus. I think I got it to sound what i wanted to (dirt).
It should be little more beefier in builder.
(this is not the same head as the cupernicus VM - the golden/yellow one) Update to Cupernicus : VM will come in few days after having it run it through more tests.

Below is info from the contents file:
#AmpName: Cupernicus II : The Dirty Fella X2

#ToneTags: Blues,Hard Rock, Classic Rock,Heavy Metal,Clean,Bassy

#Cabs : MIMIC, ToneVampire, Kalthalen etc.

#DateOrigin: July 16 2012
#DateCurrent: July 16 2012

#Description: Cupernicus is an amp Primarily based on external Tube Curves (likely from Rockaxe). This Started as a Clean amp and then I added Dirt Channel.
This Dirt Channels are very Bass/ Low Heavy (this is by design) you you should dial the low/bass knob down to control the rumble.
X2 version is an update on previous version and this i have been able to get the tone i wanted in the first place. X2 Version was designed with my Duncan Distortion pickup in a korina/limba body guitar (bit on bright side).

The Dirt Channel does not have a Mid Knob, Use Post Eq or try Different cabs for flavoring.

#Tips:
1. For Starters Keep Master Volume around 50% and then work your way through It.
2. Dial the bottom down on dirt channel, its got extra bass for some ir's.
3. Needless to say like my most other amps, The Combination if the Gain and the Level knob with form your basic tone. More Level = More Chunkier tone with string clarity and bite. Level around 40% will be more like a fluid tone (more warm rounded tone)
compensate volume levels with master knob or cab level after setting up gain and level pair.
4. a Compressor after clean is more or less compulsary unless you are a very even picker.
5. Stomps have be tweaked to different tonaliy. give them a shot if you looking for some change.
6. I am not certain about the channel volume levels overall as well as when switching between one another so , i'd suggest you tweak those to you liking in builder.

Enjoy!
~amit

S1770
Both the Ampskindesigns.com and Virtualampstash.com sites have undergone changes
with new areas available from the side menu's

The changes will be ongoing as we add additional Content.

Headcase 1.53 Lite can be downloaded from the links onsite
before commencing your installation of Click and read " Headcase Installation Please Read"

Enjoy testing Headcase the Amps & the Site

http://www.virtualampstash.com

S1770
KREAMTONE-NOVA-MXB-1

KREAMTONE-NOVA-1

Description from about File:

#AmpName: Kreamtone Series - NOVA (+MOD XB)

#ToneTags: Blues,Clean,Light Rock,Jazz,Funk,Soft Rock,Slow Blues

#Cabs : MIMIC (internal) or use as suitable (try redwirez AC30 or showman Ir's for Some classic tones)

#Description: A Derivative of PAMP Emperic. This head is mostly for very starightforward dull clean tones, and can be driven with other stomps for some distorted flavors.

#Tips:
1: Use internal stomps Nose Drive and skull for overdrive
2: due to being clean and mainly playing dynamics it recommended to either use internal limiter or use compressor after it to tame any clipping.
3: This amp should give you good variety with the pickup combinations you have at your disposal thus giving you more natural tone of your guitar.
4: More Heads Will come in Kreamtone Series with Different curves(Tubes) and Character Soon.
5: There are No Tubes(Curves) in Pre-Amp Stage.
6: Works well with simulanalog ds-1 and sd2 stomps as well as Ts for OD tone
7: Throw in some ambient reverb, load some slow bluez/smooth jazz track and be done for the remaining hours of the day/night!
8: The MOD:XB version is basically extra brite version with tight HP filter and different compression and some tone stack tweaks. I use it for a different flavor with my guitar that's a bit dull.
7: These Heads should sound bit better with single coils / humbucker coil taps.
8: For Some good blues fun try the Ambience Plugin with Paddy Guitar JeeHaaa Preset. Ambience can be downloaded from http://magnus.smartelectronix.com/

S1770
I've just gotta ask, how much longer till we get the full release of Headcase? I know its been in beta forever.