Page 3 of 10
I'm down to do harsh vocals for people. I can also do drums if anyone needs them. Just shoot me a PM if you would like my services and I'll try my best but I do have exams coming up so may only be able to do a couple.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Guise, is my WIP -core enough?

Better than anything else in the thread.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
There's only another GP file in the thread, excluding mine.

I'm talking about the potential in the thread. I like Jay's GP as well.

Still not hopeful on the outcome of this whole endeavor lol. Which isn't to say that everyone sucks, it's just saying I've been listening to Converge all morning and night and I'm apprehensive about this.
Last edited by blake1221 at May 7, 2012,
Quote by rockfan7
Why won't you include me in the OP?

Sorry man, I'll get to that ASAP. My signal is weak so if you don't see it right away don't worry
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
i've been working on a metalcore song for quite some time now but it's not finished. when it's done i'd be glad for the finished piece to be the contributory song on my behalf. would that be okay?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
That would be perfectly fine

Make sure you record it as a WAV so I can open it with Audacity
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I can do guitars down to Drop G#.

In addition, I'm gonna try to do some Unearth-type stuff (so very guitar-driven melodic metalcore) if anyone is interested.

EDIT:

I can mix too, I'm in my third year of music technology at high school... it just needs to be in Reaper/Studio One/Cakewalk Sonar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V (Duncan Quarter Pounds + Hipshot Kickass)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at May 7, 2012,
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
That would be perfectly fine

Make sure you record it as a WAV so I can open it with Audacity

anything for you,
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Just spent the last half hour writing a WIP.

Could this be even remotely be considered whatevercore?

It's inspired by City Of Caterpillar and less intense Converge, if that counts. >_>

The intro sounds surprisingly decent in RSE, lol.
I like it. You throw some odd time signature breakdowns and you would have a real Misery Signals-esque track there.
Quote by blake1221
I like Jay's GP as well.
:3
Quote by jetfuel495
I like it. You throw some odd time signature breakdowns and you would have a real Misery Signals-esque track there.:3

Aw, thanks, bro.
Yeh, gotta have breakdowns, I suppose.

Brofist for MisSigs.
I know hriday_hazarika already mentioned the necessity of breakdowns in a jokey way, but are they really needed? I'm not really a fan of them (unless they are performed tastefully, Benighted comes to mind) and I don't know if I really want to have a track with one/some. I can add some slamz, maybe?

EDIT: Listening to Converge, after seeing it mentioned a couple of times in this thread, pretty sick stuff I gotta say.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Last edited by Ometh at May 8, 2012,
Quote by Ometh
I know hriday_hazarika already mentioned the necessity of breakdowns in a jokey way, but are they really needed?

I've never written a breakdown before, so this should be pretty interesting, lol.

Yay for Converge.
Jane Doe is an amazing album. In the last month or two it's really been opening up to me.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Metal-core or metal-bore?
Last edited by So-Cal at May 10, 2012,
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
... what the ****?

What i mean is is it good enough? I should add that it is a wip.
Last edited by So-Cal at May 8, 2012,
Since everyone is posting GP files, why the hell shouldn't I post one aswell lolz. These are just a couple of riffs i came up a few hours ago, hopefully to be used in a collab with an individual with a nickname regarding his entry into puberty. It's basically br00tlz graindcoar.
Attachments:
grindforcollab.gp5
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Ometh

EDIT: Listening to Converge, after seeing it mentioned a couple of times in this thread, pretty sick stuff I gotta say.

Quote by hriday_hazarika
I've never written a breakdown before, so this should be pretty interesting, lol.

Yay for Converge.

(Invalid img)

>_>
Quote by Ometh
Since everyone is posting GP files, why the hell shouldn't I post one aswell lolz. These are just a couple of riffs i came up a few hours ago, hopefully to be used in a collab with an individual with a nickname regarding his entry into puberty. It's basically br00tlz graindcoar.

I can't fap that fast.

I'm really liking the chordy section. You should include a badass blues solo during that.

P.S.: Any comments/critique for me?
Quote by blake1221
Jelly.

I only scrobbled one song today.

It was the song that my dog was listening to when she died two years back, so it has sentimental value for me.
Quote by blake1221
I'll be honest, I wasn't a fan. It was just kind of thrown together-feeling.

That's probably because it was just kind of thrown together. It'll be awesome when it's finished.
oh also add me up in the list for potential contributors. as I said I'll be contributing one of my tracks from my upcoming album but I'm also open to play lead and rhythm for anybody needs a lad guitarist. I'm kind of a Buckethead style guitarist/shredder. I'd love to lay down something like Botnus by buckethead or something along Killswitch engaged and stuff
Quote by Ometh
I know hriday_hazarika already mentioned the necessity of breakdowns in a jokey way, but are they really needed? I'm not really a fan of them (unless they are performed tastefully, Benighted comes to mind) and I don't know if I really want to have a track with one/some. I can add some slamz, maybe?
"breakdown" doesn't necessarily mean "chug the open string"

Technically, a slam is by definition a type of breakdown (if I'm remembering properly what a slam is). Because all a breakdown really is is a section of the song that goes into halftime. The whole syncopated chugging thing has been played out to the point that people think that's what a breakdown is.

Slams, chugs, slower riffs, whatever, it's all about the groove and the feel of the drums.
Quote by jetfuel495
Technically, a slam is by definition a type of breakdown (if I'm remembering properly what a slam is).

If I know my slam death, which I don't at all, but let's pretend that I do, a slam would be something like 2:52 - 3:13 or 3:50 - 4:10 of this. You're basically right, but the main emphasis in the slam is on that slow, grinding, slightly menacing feel, rather than the moshy open note chugs you get in deathcore and such.
I have no means of recording anything, however, I'm very interested in writing guitar parts (especially with GP), if that would help.
Quote by rocklee1431
Wow, these all suck. Except for the Moth Whisperer over there.

Quote by VanTheKraut
If you voted anything other this, you're wrong and a queer and I personally challenge every last one of you to pistols at dawn.