Page 4 of 1012
WTLT beat us to a new thread.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
wut?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
You're damn right Shot. ****ING SWEEP!!!

Quote by AcousticMirror
are you lost?

Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
You're damn right Shot. ****ING SWEEP!!!

Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by lbj273
but golf is going to be my livelihood

Really, you should be putting that money towards a Leupold.

=/
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by Eppicurt
WTLT beat us to a new thread.

We started early. I think we had ~32k posts.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by ECistheBest

lol we gotta enjoy it while it lasts. Coyotes will be the toughest challenge yet if they beat nashville tomorrow.
Quote by mmolteratx
We started early. I think we had ~32k posts.

Oh yeah.

Ours is coming up. We need a new name.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
PBT follows the rules

I couldn't say that with a straight face
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
PBT follows the rules

I couldn't say that with a straight face

Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by CL/\SH
lol we gotta enjoy it while it lasts. Coyotes will be the toughest challenge yet if they beat nashville tomorrow.

same thing with phoenix. we seen ryan smith choke up. game 1 of their series against nashville was 5-6 shootout i think lol. so obvs, we seen ryan smith and phoenix defense let in a lot of goals. we have yet to see quick and the kings give up 4. have they given up 3 yet?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by greeny23
im still confused with why Dom is there..

why I'm where?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Quote by ECistheBest
same thing with phoenix. we seen ryan smith choke up. game 1 of their series against nashville was 5-6 shootout i think lol. so obvs, we seen ryan smith and phoenix defense let in a lot of goals. we have yet to see quick and the kings give up 4. have they given up 3 yet?

Very true. I'm just used to the Kings getting schooled by the Yotes for the longest time. The Kings are playing to their full potential though, and since this is indeed the playoffs, anything can happen. 8 more wins.
Quote by greeny23
on the list.

who knows
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Last edited by lbj273 at May 7, 2012,
Quote by gregs1020

Awesome. Now tell me where to send my money for organs that give me super powers.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
i am only posting because there is a new thread.

does anyone remember me?
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by mmolteratx
Awesome. Now tell me where to send my money for organs that give me super powers.

You want Z-ray vision or gills?

Gills? Well you won't need lungs. We take money and lungs now, gills come next week.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Futurama is old news. It's all about the Perfect Hair Forever now.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
A classic is a classic is a classic.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by tubadude
i am only posting because there is a new thread.

does anyone remember me?

Austin! Wazzup?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Should I:

A) Keep the Bogner Alchemist, or
B) Return it and buy new studio monitors + put cash towards a 5150 III mini or Upgrade recording interface/computer/whatever

Torn at this point.

Really dig the Alchemist, but I can't help but think if I just played with the Axe-FX more, I could get similar tones; and I have no intention of getting rid of my 5150, unless the 5150 III mini is better.

I've got about 2 more weeks to decide, but I have to make the payment on my credit card tomorrow, so I'll probably just pay the minimum until I decide what I want to do

P.S. I'm going to be listing my Duncan Convertible combo and my Marshall 1960 w/ Splawn Small Blocks in it for sale. Both are awesome, but I rarely use them, and I'm sitting on about a grand of cash right there that I could put towards something else
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Is the Alchemist a combo, Derek?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Is the Alchemist a combo, Derek?

No, a head.

Decided on the head, cause I've got 3 cabs and only 1 head
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by gregs1020
Austin! Wazzup?

not too much (ok, well, alot)

i live in Arizona now, land of the gun toting racists. (i gun tote now, i can legally carry w/o permit)
i only gun tote because i work at ruger, building guns.

i am in a metal band now, playing bass, trying to find a guitarist, but in this land of gun toting racists, there aren't too many metal heads. mainly old farts who like country.

as guitar gear is concerned, ive made my rig alot smaller. i am sporting a line 6 AX2 212 combo for my guitar, and a 4x10 bassman rig for bass. guitars havnt really changed much in the last 5 years, but that might change soon.

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by MatrixClaw
Should I:

A) Keep the Bogner Alchemist, or
B) Return it and buy new studio monitors + put cash towards a 5150 III mini or Upgrade recording interface/computer/whatever

Torn at this point.

Really dig the Alchemist, but I can't help but think if I just played with the Axe-FX more, I could get similar tones; and I have no intention of getting rid of my 5150, unless the 5150 III mini is better.

I've got about 2 more weeks to decide, but I have to make the payment on my credit card tomorrow, so I'll probably just pay the minimum until I decide what I want to do

P.S. I'm going to be listing my Duncan Convertible combo and my Marshall 1960 w/ Splawn Small Blocks in it for sale. Both are awesome, but I rarely use them, and I'm sitting on about a grand of cash right there that I could put towards something else

5150 III is a completely different amp to the 5150. 'Better' is kind of subjective because if what people tell me is true (that a 5150 is essentially a 6505) then the 5150 III is much more versatile and has a completely different type of dirt tone. I love the III a lot and see it as much more versatile being 3 channel, only downside is that the channel 1 and 2 share gain and eq controls, so dialing in a totally clean to a crunch sound would be hard.

Also if you wanted to incorporate the axe fx with the III, it has midi switching on the amp so you can use the floor control of your axe fx to change amp channels which I thought was pretty neat. Plus the size of it is great.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by tubadude
not too much (ok, well, alot)

i live in Arizona now, land of the gun toting racists. (i gun tote now, i can legally carry w/o permit)
i only gun tote because i work at ruger, building guns.

i am in a metal band now, playing bass, trying to find a guitarist, but in this land of gun toting racists, there aren't too many metal heads. mainly old farts who like country.

as guitar gear is concerned, ive made my rig alot smaller. i am sporting a line 6 AX2 212 combo for my guitar, and a 4x10 bassman rig for bass. guitars havnt really changed much in the last 5 years, but that might change soon.

You must live out in the sticks, cause I live in Arizona and there's very few musicians interested in anything having to do with Country

I'm looking for a band though; if you're close

Quote by Eppicurt
5150 III is a completely different amp to the 5150. 'Better' is kind of subjective because if what people tell me is true (that a 5150 is essentially a 6505) then the 5150 III is much more versatile and has a completely different type of dirt tone. I love the III a lot and see it as much more versatile being 3 channel, only downside is that the channel 1 and 2 share gain and eq controls, so dialing in a totally clean to a crunch sound would be hard.

Also if you wanted to incorporate the axe fx with the III, it has midi switching on the amp so you can use the floor control of your axe fx to change amp channels which I thought was pretty neat. Plus the size of it is great.

I've tried the original, and I'll agree, "better" is a pretty subjective term. I guess what I mean is, if it sounds as close to the original (or better - which I've heard claims of), then it'll like be better for me. The 5150 III was capable of copping pretty similar tones to the original 5150 IMO, and with the added clean channel and the dedicated crunch channel, it'd be a much more useful amp, since I'd gain a nice clean channel (which is really all I bought the Alchemist for in the first place).

The original 5150 III is one of the clearest amps I've ever heard, which was the biggest draw to me the first time I tried it. Until I plugged into that amp, I'd never heard something with that much gain, but so much clarity. I've been seeking clarity like that for years, in other amps, because I was frankly afraid to spend that much money on a head that Fender doesn't have enough confidence in to build in their USA factories with their own higher end amps. After hearing some reliability issues, I wasn't about to spend $1400+ on one. At the price point the mini is in, it's perfect.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
You must live out in the sticks, cause I live in Arizona and there's very few musicians interested in anything having to do with Country

I'm looking for a band though; if you're close

i am in prescott valley, about 100 miles north of Phoenix. not really the sticks, but its no major city.

where in the AZ are you?

Quote by steven seagull
Quote by tubadude
i am in prescott valley, about 100 miles north of Phoenix. not really the sticks, but its no major city.

where in the AZ are you?

Ah, bummer. I haven't been up to that area in a few years. Not much out there, I'd imagine musicians are scarce! The old vocalist in my band lives in Cottonwood now. Last time I was in Prescott, I think I was just driving through on the scenic route back from Sedona

I live in Mesa
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com