Page 5 of 1012
most people that live up here are old retirees. even more have moved out here from elsewhere, mainly california. my g/f, whom i met out here, she grew up about 20 miles from where i did, oodles of coworkers, cali, ive ran into people i went to school with out here. its so weird.

but yea, most people are old farts, or country folk. i have an ad on CL for a guitarist, but only have gotten one hit from it in the last month.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by MatrixClaw
I've tried the original, and I'll agree, "better" is a pretty subjective term. I guess what I mean is, if it sounds as close to the original (or better - which I've heard claims of), then it'll like be better for me. The 5150 III was capable of copping pretty similar tones to the original 5150 IMO, and with the added clean channel and the dedicated crunch channel, it'd be a much more useful amp, since I'd gain a nice clean channel (which is really all I bought the Alchemist for in the first place).

The original 5150 III is one of the clearest amps I've ever heard, which was the biggest draw to me the first time I tried it. Until I plugged into that amp, I'd never heard something with that much gain, but so much clarity. I've been seeking clarity like that for years, in other amps, because I was frankly afraid to spend that much money on a head that Fender doesn't have enough confidence in to build in their USA factories with their own higher end amps. After hearing some reliability issues, I wasn't about to spend $1400+ on one. At the price point the mini is in, it's perfect.

Great amp. Not going to lie, thought about selling my Matamp to buy one. But it's so cheap as well that I could probably just save 2 pay cheques and buy one.

Plus the 100 watt III is HUGE, like, bigger than any amp head I've seen. Couldn't imagine lugging that around without biceps like a gorilla.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by MatrixClaw
No, a head.

Decided on the head, cause I've got 3 cabs and only 1 head

I was just gonna say that it's always handy to have a combo laying around but that is moot now.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by tubadude
i only gun tote because i work at ruger, building guns.

Do you really? My dad just bought one of your .22 pistols; 22/45. It seems decent enough. Fits very nicely in my hands.

He's got a Model 70 as well.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Austin: cool, glad to hear things are going well.

Derek: have you played a peters? The gain and clarity thing are why I ask, it's pretty much why I've stuck with mine.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Goolz, wherever you're at, looks like I can do $1200 shipped for the Germino. Need to find a box for it though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by gregs1020
Thank you for banning that doosh over9000videos.

Special mention to bubbs for the well placed facepalm.

I remember putting one down but can't for the life of me remember which thread.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I remember putting one down but can't for the life of me remember which thread.

Most beautiful guitar thread in Eg? I think.
Quote by mmolteratx
Goolz, wherever you're at, looks like I can do $1200 shipped for the Germino. Need to find a box for it though.

Well I'm getting a Mig locally for about 500, maybe less, so after I finish that deal I'll let you know.
****. Work again.

What's up guys? Llamas are somehow funnier now than they were when gregs was putting them everywhere a year ago? Cath has man candy? What's happened to you guys?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
We all submitted to Cath's superior worldview regarding women and relationships. Too bad you weren't here. Would save you some misery.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by imgooley
Well I'm getting a Mig locally for about 500, maybe less, so after I finish that deal I'll let you know.

Cool. I had a guy who was gonna buy it but he had a deal that went south and is out money so it's a no go now. No other real interest.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
We all submitted to Cath's superior worldview regarding women and relationships. Too bad you weren't here. Would save you some misery.

My running joke at the wedding was "I don't feel any different, the only real change I can see is that now its called 'spousal abuse."
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by gregs1020
Most beautiful guitar thread in Eg? I think.

Oh yeah, the horrible razorback. I remember now.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by tubetime86
My running joke at the wedding was "I don't feel any different, the only real change I can see is that now its called 'spousal abuse."

That's awful but hilarious.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by tubetime86
****. Work again.

What's up guys? Llamas are somehow funnier now than they were when gregs was putting them everywhere a year ago? Cath has man candy? What's happened to you guys?

Alpacas. go against the grain.

Morning guys
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by mmolteratx

That's awful but hilarious.

Obviously I was careful about who I said it to.

Morning Jenny! Glad you're on board here. Its like llamas are the new 6505s and everyone forgot about the alpaca.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86

Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Sup Mike. I got your email then decided to check in, then felt very guilty for looking at UG while on vacation.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I felt guilty for dragging you back.

Sorry.

Oh man, I got stupid drunk on Saturday night. Was running down a main street in New Brunswick, tripped, fell, skidded to a stop. My hands are all scraped, so is my left shoulder. Also tore the leather on my belt and a tore a hole in my shirt. Irish car bombs made me feel better.

It's been a while since I was that white girl wasted.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
White girl wasted. I like it.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Don't worry, the day I posted we got too drunk at the pool bar and she passed out for like 3 hours... I was just killing time by myself anyway.

It became a fine art of getting drunk early, but then sustaining it throughout the day so that we wouldn't pass out too early. Rough life.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Kyle, you can keep that one. You're welcome.

Dan, sounds like you had a good time. Glad to hear it. Now keep that pre-nup in the gunsafe so she can't burn it.

/cath
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
**** a pre-nup... If this marriage falls through I'm moving in with Cath.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

But srsly, congrats and what not. As you said, not much has changed, it is just now called spousal abuse as opposed to just abused. I lol'd at that.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
He's gonna make you do things... horrible things..
Quote by LaidBack

But srsly, congrats and what not. As you said, not much has changed, it is just now called spousal abuse as opposed to just abused. I lol'd at that.

Ya, actually a lot has changed... But all for the good. She took today off, so she's out getting groceries and stuff for the house. I can't wait to come home to a stocked, cleaned house. We made out like bandits from the wedding... I almost feel guilty. Almost.

Quote by gregs1020
He's gonna make you do things... horrible things..

I will admit that after his admission of being goth I am a bit worried.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at May 7, 2012,
Quote by tubetime86
Ya, actually a lot has changed... But all for the good. She took today off, so she's out getting groceries and stuff for the house. I can't wait to come home to a stocked, cleaned house. We made out like bandits from the wedding... I almost feel guilty. Almost.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by tubetime86
Obviously I was careful about who I said it to.

Morning Jenny! Glad you're on board here. Its like llamas are the new 6505s and everyone forgot about the alpaca.

I said it in the last thread, but I must reiterate - alpaca is ****ing delicious.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I said it in the last thread, but I must reiterate - alpaca is ****ing delicious.

There's a big alpaca farm near me... But I've never eaten it. I thought they just used the fur.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Hey Dave.

Dan, I'm sure we use all of it. This is 'merica. We don't waste nothin'.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I assume they don't kill one just to collect the fur. You can shear them like a sheep.

Then later when they die of old age, they get turned into delicious dog food!
I had lots of it in Peru.

It's like the tenderest beef you've ever eaten.

Quote by Roc8995
I assume they don't kill one just to collect the fur. You can shear them like a sheep.

Then later when they die of old age, they get turned into delicious dog food!

aged to perfection.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Hey Dave.

Dan, I'm sure we use all of it. This is 'merica. We don't waste nothin'.

Dude. I just got back from an all inclusive resort... Talk about wasteful Americans... I was embarassed to be from here a few times.

Though anytime we wasted any food or anything (come on, you can't avoid it at a place like that) we made sure to comment on how we add to the stereotype.

It really was odd; we're modest people who pride ourselves on moderation, so it was kind of tough to get into the whole feel of the place. The butlers kept pushing us to use them more.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Guidos.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!