Page 1 of 2
Good fucking grief....what an album. The atmosphere, songwriting, the best vocals this side of Bethlehem... and all by one musician. I dont make threads about single albums that often, but when I do there's a good reason for it! A dark metal masterpiece.

Now get listening.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I remember being absolutely enamored with RoB's first two, have yet to give this one a shot. Is it really that good, darls?

/waits for B_A
Philosophy > Life
Yeah man, it really is. It was the first album of theirs I heard too, after someone had linked me to a video of 'Kain's Countenance Fell'... pretty much hooked from there on in.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold
Yeah man, it really is. It was the first album of theirs I heard too, after someone had linked me to a video of 'Kain's Countenance Fell'... pretty much hooked from there on in.

You've heard the other two though? 'Specially the first. Absolutely massive.
Philosophy > Life
Quote by MoogleRancha
I remember being absolutely enamored with RoB's first two, have yet to give this one a shot. Is it really that good, darls?

/waits for B_A

I'm torn, personally, between this album and the first as to which is better. They're both monumental efforts, but both are so great for completely different reasons.

Foulest Semen is way more polished, and much closer to Death/Doom than the first one is. A much more difficult listen I'd say, due to how huge it is. Each song is excellently done, but they just take more time to digest, I guess.

But then while Foulest Semen is so unique for the time [there's really not much out there that sounds like, I dont think], Unlock the Shrine has The Clockhands Groaning Circles... And Summer Decapitation Ritual...
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at May 7, 2012,
This album.

This album.

If there was anything Meilenwald could've done to further his already spectacular career, it was this. We've already seen him summon drumkit storms for Nagelfar, and the first two Ruins of Beverast albums are nothing to shake a stick at but THIS...

this album.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

It's hypnotic, monolithic, ritualistic, and colossal to boot. Everything from the droning doom to the antediluvian riffs is just so perfect. The album is versatile without ever trying, it all seems to come so naturally.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Always ignored this band. Don't know why, was just never interested in 'em I suppose.

Quote by VampireGoldfish
nothing to shake a stick at

What a wonderful phrase.
Quote by InvaderTSN
You really should. It's very excellent BM.

RoB WAS. Foulest Semen is a different beast entirely.

And severed, I'm surprised... This band seems just the type you'd love, being all unorthodox and such.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Meilenwald and Willem IX need to make music together.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Holy shit. Finally. Hopefully news is released on it soon.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Meilenwald and Willem IX need to make music together.

This really needs to happen
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Only listened to Geist ist Teufel from Urfaust, but what I heard was spectacular.

I've had that really low bass sound in my head all day from I Raised this Stone as a Ghast. I just can't get over how thick this album is.
Check out Urfaust man, you won't be disappointed. Both projects tend to lean towards heavily sedative ritualistic sounds that drone you into forbidden places. They've collaborated before on splits, but I want to hear them write together personally.

A man can dream.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Yes Urfaust is reaaally worth checking out. A great band to sit back to and let its evils work on you.

I've yet to check out this album though, will get on it ^_^
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
A fantastic effort, and a worthwhile one too. This album's a ****ing beast. Sometimes a little cheesy (hey, no one ever said synths were easy to perfect), but still huge.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Shut up and take my money
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Oooooooh that's so good. That and new Summoning are gonna be amazing.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Jn27QEvmQ

New track, apparently a September date for release (despite my earlier assertions, and I don't even know if September will be accurate). Sounds pretty good from a first listen.

EDIT: Kep, if you haven't heard this yet, definitely give it a go. Especially this new song.
Last edited by severed-metal at Jul 31, 2013,
Thanks for the clip, that was pretty neat. I look forward to the next full release from Mellenwald, one of the few guys that consistently puts out good shit.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by severed-metal
Kep, if you haven't heard this yet, definitely give it a go. Especially this new song.
Not entirely sure why you singled me out on this one, but these two tracks definitely make this one very interesting release. This may sound strange coming for me, but I reckon Malefica has too much (funeral) doom in it. The mesmerizing Incantation-esque onslaught presented in Ordeal is enclosing perfection.

I remember listening to Unlock the Shrine and Rain Upon the Impure yeeaaars ago, but they did very little to me back then. I recall them being more black metal in style. I really should give those two another chance. Everything I've heard from Foulest Semen has been nothing short of stellar and I have no explanation as to why I never got the album.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Oh, right. I don't think this stuff quite touches the melodic complexity and bombastic presentation that Bölzer have going on, but really damn good in its own right.

So this year's Black Flames of Blasphemy features The Ruins of Beverast and Marduk (playing the whole of Those of the Unlight) among others. Unless I'm completely broke by November, it should be great craic.

Perhaps.

If you cant tell, Ruins of Beverast are one of the few bands where the consensus is, among almost anyone who likes metal, that they're amazing.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Very good. Not sure I like it as much as Malefica or Ordeal though.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
is this really the new album art? it looks like when an 80’s thrash band decides to make a comeback album but the artwork is some weird CGI that doesnt have the same cartoony charm as their old records and just looks like some shit you would see on an affliction t-shirt you would buy at spencer’s
Quote by severed-metal
Fucking. That's it. What a track.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/15840-daemon/

Another new track.

Fuck yes Severed! Ordeal didn't really do it for me, but this is absolutely crushing, filthy, and fucking heavy.

Edit: Okay fuck me in the ass with a goathorn. I think the reason why ordeal didn't do much for me the first time is that I was passively playing it through my laptop's shitty speakers instead of donning headphones like a proper hessian. Yeah, this shit is awesome.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Aug 8, 2013,
I have to say the new one is my favourite track so far, but really not a single gripe with any of the tracks posted. Except that we've probably heard most of the album by now, why doesn't Meilenwald (or rather Ván Records) just release the album.

Quote by Seamus O'shanty
is this really the new album art? it looks like when an 80’s thrash band decides to make a comeback album but the artwork is some weird CGI that doesnt have the same cartoony charm as their old records and just looks like some shit you would see on an affliction t-shirt you would buy at spencer’s

I think you're mistaken, as this artwork:

Isn't all that bad looking. You might be referring to Foulest Semen...? It looks like bad CGI, but it's kind of neat so I give it a pass.
Page 1 of 2