DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
1,391 IQ
Hey everyone,

As I've done previously, I thought I'd inform everyone of a good online bargain taking place at the moment so if people do want to start using some of the more 'premium' commercial plug-ins available, they can do so at a heavily discounted price.

I haven't put it in the chat thread as, like before, I didn't feel many people would see it there before the offer ends.

Have a scout around on their 'Sale Items' if you're fortunate (read: rich) enough to be a Pro Tools HD user, but for the rest of us the native plug-ins on offer can be found at this address:

https://www.mcdsp.com/order/store/?prodchooser=nvi&Go=Go

So that's it really - McDSP are one of those companies like Waves, PSP, Sonnox etc. that are hugely popular in commercial studios around the world for their high-quality plug-ins... unfortunately they all usually come at a large price too, but if you bide your time you can find plenty of bargains (I have already used sales at Steven Slate, Waves and now McDSP to buy several plug-ins by them).

I have just purchased the '6030 Compressor Pack' (features a really cool Fairchild 670 emulation, amongst many others) for $115, saving $134 off the RRP ($249, if you suck at maths ) so if you're tempted why not download some of the trials tonight, and give them a whirl today/tomorrow so you can make up your mind before purchasing... though be quick as the offer ends on May 9th.

Steve

As mentioned in thread title, you do need an iLok... but as I've provided several of these links to sales of plug-ins needing iLoks, all the more reason to buy one and start trialling a few of the revered plug-ins before buying them in future sales!
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick
1,422 IQ
Ya know, we should have a sticky for "HEY! CHECK OUT THIS DEAL!" when gear goes on sale. That way, I don't feel bad for posting threads of "HEY! GET A NEUMANN U87 FOR $20 AT UGLY MUSICIANS STORE"
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Quote by lockwolf
Ya know, we should have a sticky for "HEY! CHECK OUT THIS DEAL!" when gear goes on sale. That way, I don't feel bad for posting threads of "HEY! GET A NEUMANN U87 FOR $20 AT UGLY MUSICIANS STORE"

THEN WE CAN ALL MIC UP OUR MARSHALL STACKS!

hehehe
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
1,391 IQ
Quote by kyle62
Not buying anything with iLok, ever.

I'd buy it and then download the pirated version anyway, since it's more convenient.

Why not? I admit it's a bit annoying having to pay a relatively high price for a small, USB flash drive but on the other hand - because it stores all your licenses, you can go to any studio in the world and tell them to download the plug-in before your arrival, and when you put your iLok in you can run that plug-in without any hassle etc.

It's also the only legal way to obtain many of the main plug-in brands' products.
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
1,391 IQ
Just a heads-up that this ends today, for anyone considering the offer etc.

P.S Think we might make a sticky for future special deals, though I'll have to see what Matrix and jof1029 think.
MatrixClaw
UG God
10,723 IQ
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Just a heads-up that this ends today, for anyone considering the offer etc.

P.S Think we might make a sticky for future special deals, though I'll have to see what Matrix and jof1029 think.

That's a good idea, I was thinking of doing something like that myself.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
1,391 IQ
Quote by MatrixClaw
That's a good idea, I was thinking of doing something like that myself.

*bows* Thank you, I'm glad you recognise my genius! It totally wasn't lockwolf's idea
MatrixClaw
UG God
10,723 IQ
Quote by DisarmGoliath
*bows* Thank you, I'm glad you recognise my genius! It totally wasn't lockwolf's idea

Though, who knows if it'll be effective, since the only people who will probably read it, are people who are going to read the recording chat anyway
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
FireHawk
All Hail Ze Llama!
728 IQ
Quote by MatrixClaw

Though, who knows if it'll be effective, since the only people who will probably read it, are people who are going to read the recording chat anyway

all though those recording chat noobs are annoying

All hail the
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick
1,422 IQ
Quote by DisarmGoliath

I'm glad that my ideas are valued in this forum and will let people seem better than themselves
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp