JDawg00100
^ thats me
728 IQ
Hey guys hows a going, I finally decided to change the tuning of my Ibanez and to mess around with some riffs. This is basically the first thing I came up with lol.

http://soundcloud.com/profound-obscurity/tuning-test

I also uploaded it to Newgrounds and it got a 1.15 out of 5... Hopefully you guys wont hate it that much XD

Leave me some feedback and I will gladly C4C
Splinter552
111 IQ
Great sound man, could use more bass though. Clean Balls was really good, you should finish that
tsoun-net
858 IQ
Hi, that's a pretty good start. It's very powerful with the riffs and heavy drums. What did you use to make drums ? They sound good. Guitar tone is good too, maybe you could add a bit more bass frequencies (it depends on the speakers though^^).
Use that to make a full song, it could turn out really cool !

Here is mine : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1537600
vivalaheerey
1,485 IQ
Good song, like the others have said, more bass. The guitars a little too scooped for my likeing but good
Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
On the more bass front, I wouldn't just add more bass to the guitar, it needs a separate bass guitar. Adding bass frequencies on the guitars will just add a horrible flabbiness to the guitar tone, which as it stands is nice and tight.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
JDawg00100
^ thats me
728 IQ
Normally through my speakers the bass is really overpowering on that song. Not sure why, so I usually mix with headphones, which is probably why there isn't much bass.

Even listening to it right now on my speakers the bass is really loud, I might have to get new ones.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
What speakers are you listening through?

Quote by DisarmGoliath
R-T-P
363 IQ
I thought that sounded really good. Good tone,good groove although the intro sounds just like Bulls on Parade by Rage Against the Machine even though i am sure it is not intentional
HeckRaiser
Heck Raiser
32 IQ
Jdawg for something "you just came up with" its pretty damn good. The recording quality is fantastic. Tone is pretty damn good. I don't think the bass is low at all it's pretty powerful on my monitors.

It was also good enough to make me listen to pretty much everything else on your account. That ff7 track was sick. Anyway I would like to pick your brain a bit if you have time to go back and forth about it. I pm'ed you my contact, lemme know!

Good Stuff.
aaron aardvark
4,896 IQ
JDawg,
Audio quality is good overall. Song starts in a powerful manner. Riffs are good & the playing is tight. Could use some good vocals (the song could be longer if vocals were added). Drums are quite good. The pitch slide/whammy thing at 0:48 is cool! I think the guitar has enough bass; if there is a separate electric bass, it could be turned up, if it is there. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1535844
Who Sh0t Ya HxO
1,426 IQ
QUESTION. How in the world can I get this tone? it is so professional studio quality sounding. Can you upload it on line 6's website so I can download it? that is if you use pod farm.
Who Sh0t Ya HxO
1,426 IQ
Half step down is the best, and thank youuuuu so much for uploading that tone, I've been wanting a good tone for a long time now. How any tracks did you lay down for guitar on the tuning test? two? one for each ear?

Also did you use EZ drummer?
Last edited by Who Sh0t Ya HxO at May 10, 2012,
Maggot66
Forward Unto Dawn
1,317 IQ
I really enjoy the tone, the mix is also pretty good. What did you use for the drums on this? I don't understand why newgrounds gave it such a low vote, I really don't hear anything that wrong with it.
The riffs are pretty sweet, it's a little repetitive, but from my understanding you were testing out your guitar in this tuning, and with that in mind, I dig how your guitar sounds in this tuning.
What model is it?

Here's mine by the way, brotha.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1535751
JDawg00100
^ thats me
728 IQ
Yup one in each ear. I do use Ezdrummer and its the Metalheads pack with all the Meshuggah drums. And it's an Ibanez Xiphos XPT700.
Who Sh0t Ya HxO
1,426 IQ
Is there an easier way to customize the EZ drummer beats or did you click all of the individual bass, snares, and cymbals?
tucci66
241 IQ
Whoa! Freaking great dude! I love that mixing touch when that guitar sounds sweeps from left to right. Sweet riffs.
HeckRaiser
Heck Raiser
32 IQ
In ez drummer they have standard beats and fill but you really need to go into it and customize it to your song otherwise it sound so generic.
JDawg00100
^ thats me
728 IQ
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
Is there an easier way to customize the EZ drummer beats or did you click all of the individual bass, snares, and cymbals?
I mapped out all the cymbals, kicks, snares, with the mouse. I don't use any of the pre-made beats or fills that come with EZDrummer.
Who Sh0t Ya HxO
1,426 IQ
Quote by JDawg00100
I mapped out all the cymbals, kicks, snares, with the mouse. I don't use any of the pre-made beats or fills that come with EZDrummer.

That's what I'm saying man, I'm sick of using the pre-made beats, but going in the beat and custom clicking each snare, bass drum, and cymbal beat takes foreeevvverrr.
JDawg00100
^ thats me
728 IQ
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
That's what I'm saying man, I'm sick of using the pre-made beats, but going in the beat and custom clicking each snare, bass drum, and cymbal beat takes foreeevvverrr.

Takes me like 5 minutes to map out a couple riffs. I've gotten pretty fast at it though.
Who Sh0t Ya HxO
1,426 IQ
You serious? It takes a while for me because you gotta get the bass drums, snares, and cymbals exactly where you want them or it will be off beat or too fast/slow of a beat. So I place a beat, play it, nah gotta move the little blue dot over .2 mm to the left so it sounds right time with the picking of the riff... and you know shit like that. I wish there was a way around it.

You can't tell me you didn't listen to each second of the tuning test over and over while trying to lay drums on it. You're probably sick of hearing the damn thing.
Last edited by Who Sh0t Ya HxO at May 16, 2012,
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
You serious? It takes a while for me because you gotta get the bass drums, snares, and cymbals exactly where you want them or it will be off beat or too fast/slow of a beat. So I place a beat, play it, nah gotta move the little blue dot over .2 mm to the left so it sounds right time with the picking of the riff... and you know shit like that. I wish there was a way around it.

You can't tell me you didn't listen to each second of the tuning test over and over while trying to lay drums on it. You're probably sick of hearing the damn thing.

Piano Roll

U mad?

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Who Sh0t Ya HxO
1,426 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
Piano Roll

U mad?

Piano roll was what I was talking about. When you click on an instrument in a line, a blue dot or little square appears, but if it's off you gotta take the time to align in perfectly with what your guitar is doing.

OR

Are you saying you can press the piano key of the instrument... in this case bass drum, then hit record, then when it plays you just hit the bass drum key each time you want it in there? because if not, that is a brilliant idea in my opinion.
JDawg00100
^ thats me
728 IQ
If you are talking about aligning things perfect I'm sure you can change what the snapping is for each note on whatever program you are using. That way its never off center, and makes it a lot easier to lay down the notes. Another thing is growing an ear for where the accents should be on the snare or bass drums. In general my beats are fairly simple in terms of where cymbals and snares are.