Page 5 of 733
this is a simulation of just one JFET mu-amp stage with a DC coupled source follower.

does it make sense? if u feed anything in there it clips.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Meh. It'll be there tomorrow. I found the tracking but I don't wanna get up.

Found some more of dem secret sauce diodes too. Bought them all.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I'm delayless now, I need echos in my life.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by mcraddict81592

welcome to my life
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by mcraddict81592

Last exam in a few days. Should be able to get back to your DMM then.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
on another note, i like the spring theory matt! i got it to do what i wanted it to do.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by mmolteratx
Last exam in a few days. Should be able to get back to your DMM then.

Excited.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by mcraddict81592

Got two now...don't think I'm ever going to be able to remove either of these from my board either. Only thing that might shift them would be a Timeline or something.
wampler pedals look cool. i want to try them but i don't want to buy them. i feel like the tweed 57 will be cool. tim you got an fn5 laying around that i can try when i go get my shiz?
Here's my current board anyhow. I kinda want to replace the Dirt Transmitter with something more muffy but I can't really afford to, amp is my priority. My wah needs an upgrade too.

edit: tha ****'s it sideways?

edit again: fixed it.
Last edited by Dan_5893 at May 10, 2012,
I used to have one of those silver plated vox wahs. Weren't bad for $99.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
I used to have one of those silver plated vox wahs. Weren't bad for $99.

I've got the one under it the V845, Tim TB Modded it for me, and it goes alright, nothing amazing, but I don't use wah enough to justify getting/wanting something like an RMC etc
Yeah it's the first pedal I ever acquired. It just needs a new pot with a slightly changed sweep, TB and possibly a better inductor.

The rest of the board is great, I don't need any more pedals, I just want to change a few of them out (The Ultimate Drive and the Dirt Transmitter) for a better OD and muffier fuzz. Need to tidy them up a bit too to make it a bit more efficient.
Thought I'd share what I have:

MJM London Fuzz, Carbon Copy, Boss PH1 Phaser

Sometimes I'll throw in the Zoom for the wah/drum beats and the Whammy for fun:

I really want to get myself a Wilson wah...then the pedalboard (or chain of pedals on the floor ) will have pretty much everything I want in it Maybe upgrade the phaser to something much smoother sounding, maybe ED Phase Machine
Last edited by bobthebum16 at May 10, 2012,
Quote by Dan_5893
Yeah it's the first pedal I ever acquired. It just needs a new pot with a slightly changed sweep, TB and possibly a better inductor.

The rest of the board is great, I don't need any more pedals, I just want to change a few of them out (The Ultimate Drive and the Dirt Transmitter) for a better OD and muffier fuzz. Need to tidy them up a bit too to make it a bit more efficient.

Still a more efficient layout that what I have.
Oh dude, we recently wrote a song which requires me to play wah whilst clean, and then switch instantly to distortion sans Wah. So much Irish Jigging. I kinda want a switchless wah but I get the feeling I could just adjust the sweep on my current pot so there isn't such a pronounced treble boost in the toe-down.

My tuner should really go out the front too, at the moment it's last in my chain.
Bugger that If I start gigging/jamming sometime soon, I'm going to need to reorder my whole board, or become very good friends with my volume knob I think. The front row of my board is all my delay/modulation i.e FX loop stuff. My tuner, boost/OD and fuzz are in the second row, then my footswitch sits above them. Works quite well, since more often that not, when I play my dirty/clean tone is set once, then left. The modulation I turn on and off a lot more.
Yeah, the effects loop is in my top corner so I can switch them on and off whilst changing channels in one foot press. I'm considering putting my footswitch in the centre of the bottom row so it's more or less accessible from everywhere on the board within one footpress.
Lulz. How is my thread at 100 posts?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
PBT Native - Clean Shaven White Caucasian.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Oops. I applied to graduate this year.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
PBT Native - Clean Shaven White Caucasian.

This.

Also, I'm all hipster and shit with Instagram now
Instagram turned Tim's cat licking it's anus into modern fine art.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by WtrPlyr
I don't know why people like Instagram.

It's pretty cool I guess, time will tell if I actually keep using it. Just makes shitty phone pictures look artsy and covers the shittyness.
People are all like WOW CHECK MY UBER AWESOME PROFESSIONAL LOOKING PICTURE.

While actually it's just a shit-quality-iPhone picture with a cheesy filter. I don't get why people say iPhones make good pictures. Sure, on your phone they look good, but try printing them and tell me they can rival a DSLR
Last edited by WtrPlyr at May 10, 2012,