Page 4 of 12
Quote by Saturated Fat
Hey I have a couple questions-
Firstly, I built my own pedalboard, and its kind of on the large side. I'll just say what it is to give you an idea of how big it is.
Wah-tuner-Sparkle Drive-TS9- Big Muff- Dejavibe- Vox Delaylab. oh and I have a 2 button footswitch. All daisy chain powered(which will change...eventually).

Now, the thing is... I can't find some sort of bag to put it all in, for moving it to practice and stuff when I can't use the car. Its about 1 foot X 2 1/2 feet. Any ideas on how to move it?

Second- to possibly make it smaller, I need patch cables that have a very small footprint space-wise. I am talking SMALL. And obviously don't suck and all that. I have looked into Solder-less but they are more on the expensive side. Any ideas?

Or, should I just drop the dough and get a damn pedalboard?

You know, if you want a decent fit you'll probably just need to go custom. That doesn't have to be massively expensive or anything. Start out with a bag that fits LxW and then have it cut down to fit height.

But you could also buy a case for a Pedaltrain 2/3...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
it is me again, today someone posted two of his pedal on sale on facebook, the vox satchurator (he's been using it for 3 years but in excellent condition) and the trex tonebug choris + Flanger(this one is practically new and he has it from june), both of them for 180$ ( the satchurator goes for new in my country for 120$ and we dont even have t-rex). ill be meeting him in 2 days to test them and seal the deal but i want to check with you guys first:
can i get mettalica tone with the satch or it is strictly a satriani tone pedal? and is it ok to buy it if it is used for 3 years, or will the quality detoriarate?
how about this t-rex pedal? any experiences with it?
and if you were me, would you go for jekyll and hyde v2 or the satchurator?
i have a vox ac4t and a washburn wi65pro
thanks for the help
Quote by Metalloy
it is me again, today someone posted two of his pedal on sale on facebook, the vox satchurator (he's been using it for 3 years but in excellent condition) and the trex tonebug choris + Flanger(this one is practically new and he has it from june), both of them for 180$ ( the satchurator goes for new in my country for 120$ and we dont even have t-rex). ill be meeting him in 2 days to test them and seal the deal but i want to check with you guys first:
can i get mettalica tone with the satch or it is strictly a satriani tone pedal? and is it ok to buy it if it is used for 3 years, or will the quality detoriarate?
how about this t-rex pedal? any experiences with it?
and if you were me, would you go for jekyll and hyde v2 or the satchurator?
i have a vox ac4t and a washburn wi65pro
thanks for the help

I didn't think the Satchurator was really designed for metal from what I know of it. I would say that the Jekyll and Hyde would be the better of the two. One side is a distortion and the other is a Tube Screamer circuit which you could use to tighten the distortion circuit. A lot of people really like the JHv2 and from what I've seen and heard of it seems to do okay for metal.

Is there anyway though you can get your hands on other pedals as there are better again if you can go online and have them shipped. What is your current budget?
Quote by ibanart300
I didn't think the Satchurator was really designed for metal from what I know of it. I would say that the Jekyll and Hyde would be the better of the two. One side is a distortion and the other is a Tube Screamer circuit which you could use to tighten the distortion circuit. A lot of people really like the JHv2 and from what I've seen and heard of it seems to do okay for metal.

Is there anyway though you can get your hands on other pedals as there are better again if you can go online and have them shipped. What is your current budget?

This.

Satchurator is meant for hard rock.

Maybe try a Suhr Riot
Quote by darkwolf291
Why does Adam like it in the bum?

That's covered in detail in a couple of other threads. This isn't one of them...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
shipping is just out of the question, it is a real hassle in here, you usually end up paying 150% of the original price if not more, the reason I named those 2 pedals is that they are available used in my country so it will work well for me price wise how about getting both? one dedicated for hard rock and the other for the heavier side perhaps? and in that case I don't need to buy another overdrive right? I mean I can use the JHv2 overdrive instead of buying a bad monkey or something right?
The OD side on the JHv2 is based on the Route 808 which is based on a TS808 so it would be a great low gain pedal/boost to your amp or other pedals.
Recommendations for a warm, natural, dirty, American sounding overdrive?
Budget: £200-400
Quote by Dan_5893
Fender Pawn Shop Excelsior. Not even kidding.

A little cumbersome, if you're really serious..
Quote by greeny23
do you not want to have your mind blown..?

Ha Ha Ha but of course.......
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)
Quote by Saesang
A little cumbersome, if you're really serious..

yes, he's serious
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Quote by Dan_5893
Fender Pawn Shop Excelsior. Not even kidding.

yeah i mean you can get american tube amps which'll do that tone under budget. vht special 6 (or ultra) would be another one.

granted if you want to run it into another amp, then get a pedal. but if you just want that tone... get the amp, kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Here is my pedal board related question. I am planning on running a very basic setup. A Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner, an MXR Custom Comp (Compressor) and an ISP Decimator (noise supressor). My question is, considering I am running this little of an amount of pedals do I need to buy one of those expensive power supply things? Or can I just directly plug in my guitar, daisy chain the effects in between and then plug it straight into my effects loop with little to no problems?
Quote by iwannabeabear
Here is my pedal board related question. I am planning on running a very basic setup. A Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner, an MXR Custom Comp (Compressor) and an ISP Decimator (noise supressor). My question is, considering I am running this little of an amount of pedals do I need to buy one of those expensive power supply things? Or can I just directly plug in my guitar, daisy chain the effects in between and then plug it straight into my effects loop with little to no problems?

if you buy them new then you should have the wall wart power supplies that come with the pedals, as long as you have enough power outlets. you can also get a one spot to power all 3 pedals at once.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Quote by championguitar
if you buy them new then you should have the wall wart power supplies that come with the pedals, as long as you have enough power outlets. you can also get a one spot to power all 3 pedals at once.

Wall wart power supplies?

Edit: Oh okay, never mind. I know what you are talking about now. And I need those even if I am running the pedals on 9volt batteries? Or is it an either/or type thing?
Last edited by iwannabeabear at Aug 14, 2012,
you can do either/or but for the tu-3 at least it will chew though batteries pretty fast so i'd recommend using power supplies
Quote by Dave_Mc

granted if you want to run it into another amp, then get a pedal. but if you just want that tone... get the amp, kind of thing.

Yes, I am interested in pedals only. Sorry if that was not clear.
Depending on the Fender type you want to model, of course.

Or a Rockbox Boiling Point, just because you can afford it. It's a lot more versatile, but it sounds like you know what you want.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
Quote by bassmastamitch
Depending on the Fender type you want to model, of course.

Or a Rockbox Boiling Point, just because you can afford it. It's a lot more versatile, but it sounds like you know what you want.

just a tubescreamer. don't buy that.
mojostompboxes.com
Both Wampler pedals sound great when used for a light break up of clean tones. But it seems the more gain you turn on, the more it sounds solid state-ish. Never liked Wampler pedals because of that.
Quote by greeny23
just a tubescreamer. don't buy that.

Really? The one I played has a lot more gain and tweakability compared to any Tube Screamer. Is each one different or something?
YouTube

Facebook
Twitter
Like most ODs I guess... Sounds delicious anyway. It might've just been the price tag talking.
YouTube

Facebook
Twitter
Quote by Saesang
Both Wampler pedals sound great when used for a light break up of clean tones. But it seems the more gain you turn on, the more it sounds solid state-ish. Never liked Wampler pedals because of that.

Ok how about the Subdecay Liquid Sunshine?
Quote by bassmastamitch
Like most ODs I guess... Sounds delicious anyway. It might've just been the price tag talking.

bingo.
mojostompboxes.com
I'm looking at getting a DeVille. It's great for blues and cleans, some classic rock too. But the dealbreaker for me is getting a medium gain tone out of it, would an 808 reissue work? Read that that's what SRV used; his higher gain tone and some Pearl Jam is what I'm looking to get out of it. Possibly some Van Halen, but that's optional. Was looking at the PlimSoul too. Budget would be around $200.

i almost posted this in the pedalboard thread, apparently it's good that I didn't.
Last edited by ihartfood at Aug 14, 2012,
I'm getting a Hot Rod Deluxe today, and it sounds awesome with a DigiTech Bad Monkey. The low end on mine is monsterous, and can get enough gain for Van Halen and Blizzard-era Ozzy. Also makes for a great booster. An 808 reissue would work, but it's a little lacking in the low end IMO.

As for now, I'm gettin my HRD
YouTube

Facebook
Twitter
There are some on YouTube, I think. Not as great quality as in real life, though.
YouTube

Facebook
Twitter
Quote by ihartfood
I'm looking at getting a DeVille. It's great for blues and cleans, some classic rock too. But the dealbreaker for me is getting a medium gain tone out of it, would an 808 reissue work? Read that that's what SRV used; his higher gain tone and some Pearl Jam is what I'm looking to get out of it. Possibly some Van Halen, but that's optional. Was looking at the PlimSoul too. Budget would be around $200.

i almost posted this in the pedalboard thread, apparently it's good that I didn't.

SRV didn't use a DeVille. It was largely the Vibroverbs, TR's, Bassman's and then a little later in his career Dumble's. He really liked amps with 15 inch speakers or 4*10's.

EDIT: Sorry just realized you were actually talking about the fact that SRV used tube screamers. I have the flu so everything is a little foggy. He did use tube screamers, two of them in fact stacked. One was a TS808 and another was either a TS9 or TS10, however I am fairly certain the TS9 and TS10 were modded to the specs of the TS808.
Last edited by ibanart300 at Aug 14, 2012,
this thread should be up top.

it's very helpful.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
this thread should be up top.

it's very helpful.

+a billion.
mojostompboxes.com