Poll: How often do you play Guitar a day?
Poll Options
View poll results: How often do you play Guitar a day?
1 hour or less
38 36%
1-2 hours
36 34%
2-3 hours
20 19%
3-4 hours
5 5%
4-5 hours
2 2%
5 hours or more
6 6%
Voters: 107.
RyanUNDEAD
357 IQ
Just curious, used the search and couldn't find a thread.
Last edited by RyanUNDEAD at May 11, 2012,
StonedColdCrazy
Banned
466 IQ
Usually a couple hours a day. Sometimes more, sometimes none.
Cant play for more than 15min straight right now, picking arm is injured.
Last edited by StonedColdCrazy at May 11, 2012,
666IronDeth666
441 IQ
I'm playinbg as much as i can depending on work, other activities and ect. Just recently single so i can now visit the ladies i call Epiphone and ESP more at least
zilant
2,245 IQ
I try to often.
I live in apartments s I can't play at night and I hate playing when anyone is around or at home so I have to be home alone with everyone else at school/work.

I'll play for 4+ hours if I get the opprotunity.
Usually this happens a few times a week.
Sometimes I'll get an hour or so in the evenings if I don't get a good days worth.
Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
Usually about an hour a day in total, usually 5 days a week, in spurts of 5 mins at a time.

Not being able to find band members to play with has really killed my desire to play, and although I know there is stuff out there I can't play, I don't really have any desire to learn it. I guess I'm in a rut.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
lfcagger
twat
637 IQ
I'm revising for exams at the moment, but usually I practice for around three hours and play for as much other time as I can/want to.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Viban
UG's resident bum
1,669 IQ
well lemme put it this way, I start when I get home at 3 and get yelled at to turn it down at around 9.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
losing battle
UG's Trollestia
2,508 IQ
Not as often as I like I have neighbors and if I can't use my tube amp I really don't want to play.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Last edited by losing battle at May 11, 2012,
Akula KO
Folk Metal is Alive!!!
1,115 IQ
An hour minimum but I usually play only 6 days a week. At most I'll do 3 hours straight but that's only if I've nothing else to do.
"Happiness is... a bottle of booze in one hand and my faithful guitar in the other hand."

E. Guitar: Epiphone Goth Explorer
Schecter Diamond Series Damien 7
Cl. Guitar: Höfner HF-12
Amp: Roland Cube 40XL
Showiddlydiddly
Djangified
135 IQ
Quote by Offworld92
Usually about an hour a day in total, usually 5 days a week, in spurts of 5 mins at a time.

Not being able to find band members to play with has really killed my desire to play, and although I know there is stuff out there I can't play, I don't really have any desire to learn it. I guess I'm in a rut.

This.

Teenagers these days don't seem to understand the brilliance of blues-rock, so finding a band is a little hard.
Viban
UG's resident bum
1,669 IQ
^to be fair, I prefer jazz, it has a more pep sort of tone, not that I don't appreciate blues but to me it sounds odd. but metal is where my soul lives
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Showiddlydiddly
Djangified
135 IQ
Quote by Viban
^to be fair, I prefer jazz, it has a more pep sort of tone, not that I don't appreciate blues but to me it sounds odd. but metal is where my soul lives

I like pretty much all music, but I guess it's all about what feels right to you, in terms of playing.

It's just frustrating being stuck in between rival groups of pop-rockers and metalheads, with no middle ground.
Pg.inc_music
267 IQ
Man back in the day it was 4-13 hours a day EASY! Since I have learned most of the techniques I REALLY care about, I am down to about 1-3 hours a day. But I find with sweep picking and some hybrid picking if you want to STAY good at it you have to do it daily.
Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
Quote by Showiddlydiddly
I like pretty much all music, but I guess it's all about what feels right to you, in terms of playing.

It's just frustrating being stuck in between rival groups of pop-rockers and metalheads, with no middle ground.

I play progressive groove metal, and the scene in my town is completely saturated with "hardcore" kids and indie stuff.

There's one guitarist I jam and write with, but we have had no luck in finding bass or drums, in like over a year of constant craigslist ads. It's pretty depressing, really.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Showiddlydiddly
Djangified
135 IQ
Quote by Offworld92
I play progressive groove metal, and the scene in my town is completely saturated with "hardcore" kids and indie stuff.

There's one guitarist I jam and write with, but we have had no luck in finding bass or drums, in like over a year of constant craigslist ads. It's pretty depressing, really.

I almost wish I was more mainstream.

Then I look at the mainstream.
NosralTserrof
Damned
1,752 IQ
Quote by Offworld92

Then move to Pittsburgh, come chill with me
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
zilant
2,245 IQ
Quote by Offworld92

I feel you, man. It's Exactly like that in my town too.
I remember in highschool there was like one band who played thrash metal stuff but I haven't seen them since.
Viban
UG's resident bum
1,669 IQ
almost everyone in my town plays guitar, problem is that its a bunch of hipsters and metal head wanna-be's, problem is, nu-metal kids and 80's hair metal kids like me, completely disagree on alot of things, they all obsess over sweeping and being teh ubar fast while I work on techniques that matter and putting my soul into my music instead of just playing fast.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
i3oosted
224 IQ
Every day, at least an hour but mostly 2 hours +. I don't put it away so it's always around and I can just pick it up play it and put it back on stand.
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
Dayn
536 IQ
One hour or less. I may go a few days without playing. Too much study to do instead.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
BornToLooze
Leda fanboy
520 IQ
Well I can plug my tubemeister into my interface and just use headphones so I can whenver I want so probably 5+
Axe Murderer
1,428 IQ
Not as much as Id like or need to. About an hour or less a day if you average it across the whole week.
EspTro
3,642 IQ
Quote by Offworld92

dude your in socal....and we play similar genres.....

PM me?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
griffin888
65 IQ
Between an hour or two a day. Don't have a band or anything. I usually just work on some covers, usually stuff like Opeth, Dream Theater, or Porcupine Tree while writing trying to write some heavy progressive stuff myself.
Sabin89
UG's Resident Chicagoan
54 IQ
I try to get in at least an hour or two, but on average it's probably more in the 2-3 hour range. Some days more, some days less. Depends if the mood strikes me that day.
Gear:
Dean VMNT Angel of Deth
Jackson RRXT Trans Black
Marshall AVT50 w/Crate 4x12 Cabinet
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss TR-2 Tremolo
Dunlop Crybaby Wah (In White)
MXR M103 Blue Box
DigiTech DigiDelay
Dunlop Tortex .88s
krehzeekid
Me like guitars
316 IQ
not too much, maybe a half hour if I'm noodling around, for the most part. However, if I have a gig where I've been hired to play for somebody or have some tricky new songs to learn (I play in functions bands), I'll spends hours making sure I really understand my parts and everybody else's. Spend a decent amount of time with my main working band too, as well as practices for working gigs I get hired for
Mr.DeadDuck
UG's best Dave
336 IQ
It really depends on what's going on in my life, if I've just got a new album/just done a gig I'll feel enthused to practise more if my social life is taking off/I feel like shit I'll play less but It never goes less than 3-4 hours a week.
SMILE!
stealstrings
UG's rocker.
698 IQ
Usually about an hour or two on weekdays and all day on the weekends.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Megdidar
149 IQ
I used to play about three hours a day but at the moment I'm in China and I'll be here until February next year while all of my gear is in the US. I have a junky no name acoustic for when I really get the urge to play but it's a very unpleasant instrument.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
monwobobbo
608 IQ
i dunno it depends on the what i've got going on. i keep a guitar handy so i can noodle while watching tv. probably an hour a day unless i have a reason to play for more.
parhelia_0000
547 IQ
1 hour at max. It's more than enough for you to record guitar covers, or practice new skills/techniques/licks. Of course, it'd be much longer if I'd be doing live performances.
Random3
Likes Satchurated fat.
6,559 IQ
Depends on the day, I don't have a "routine" where I dedicate x hours per day.

Sometimes I'll go a couple of days without playing, not usually more than 2 though, and other days I'll play for 6 hours or so.
Green_Ghoul
3,307 IQ
maybe an hour a day at the most, that's if I play that day..... it sucks not knowing anyone that plays an instrument.
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
An hour or two daily. Used to be 4ish back during deployment.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Dr Sixstring
UG's Snips
1,277 IQ
Not that much, I haven't played over 2 hours in one day for 3 months, I could play 6 hours a day if I wanted to, but it's just not that fun anymore.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer