Page 4 of 7
Quote by cornmancer
I truly didn't mean to come off as mean spirited as I have been on reflection (except maybe with the Gaslight thing, though that was mostly in jest), but I guess I'm just taken aback by how dull I find a lot of this stuff. I really don't mean to say everything in the thread is terrible, I'm only vaguely familiar with a lot of it, but what I am familiar with that's being posted is for the most part boring to me. I hate Lil B, I hate Death Grips, I don't like Silversun Pickups, Mars Volta just gets on my nerve after 1 song, I hate Odd Future, and that's just from a quick glance at the first page again. I just don't like a lot of this music. I'm sorry that I can't see what you see. And I'm sorry I spoke the way I did. But there isn't a need for everyone to get so up in arms about it.

But whatever, I'm already having a shitty night and I don't see it getting better by hanging around a place where I don't want to be nor am I wanted.

I posted Leonard Cohen ;_;
Who knows of any new Texas Blues/Hard Rock and stuff like that? I don't really buy CD's or vinyl's and don't care to lurk deep into the internet for this music I just kinda hear it around.
Quote by That_Hot_Guy
starships

What gender is this vile beast? Trans?
I just realised most of the stuff I've bought in the last year or so is stuff that's been around for a while, so I just listened to songs from everyone mentioned so far (work is boring).

Things I hadn't heard before and liked: Kool AD, badbadnotgood, ne obliviscaris, conan, if these trees could talk, ex lives, gorod, the safety fire and sleigh bells. I'm getting a galaxy 3 in a week or so and it has 64gb space compared to the 16gb I got at the moment, so I feel obliged to get more music. My preferences are weird in that I'll dislike something even though it's generally the same style as someone I do like.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Yay, I havnt been listening to much new music this year and now because of this thread I have a big long list to albums to check out.

So far my favourites for 2012 are Delay - Rushing Ceremony and Joyce Manor - of all the things I will soon grow tired.
Also, the reissue of Loveless. It still counts as 2012
OSCILLATE WILDLY!
Quote by theguitarist
I just realised most of the stuff I've bought in the last year or so is stuff that's been around for a while, so I just listened to songs from everyone mentioned so far (work is boring).

Things I hadn't heard before and liked: Kool AD, badbadnotgood, ne obliviscaris, conan, if these trees could talk, ex lives, gorod, the safety fire and sleigh bells. I'm getting a galaxy 3 in a week or so and it has 64gb space compared to the 16gb I got at the moment, so I feel obliged to get more music. My preferences are weird in that I'll dislike something even though it's generally the same style as someone I do like.

In my heart I'm with you

every night
New albums by The Brian Jonestown Massacre, The Hives, Jack White, The Mars Volta, Rush, The Melvins, and The Smashing Pumpkins. Can't wait to hear them all!
Guitars:
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
MJM Brit Bender MKII tonebender clone
Boss Blues-Driver
Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec
Also, Yellow and Green by Baroness. I preordered that shit, getting it day after my birthday.
Quote by mybanez
What gender is this vile beast? Trans?

She is female and she got a poppin' booty.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
After spending a few days with it I think I'll add this
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by Smeghead64
Yay, I havnt been listening to much new music this year and now because of this thread I have a big long list to albums to check out.

So far my favourites for 2012 are Delay - Rushing Ceremony and Joyce Manor - of all the things I will soon grow tired.
Also, the reissue of Loveless. It still counts as 2012

Awww ye, Rushing Ceremony is soo good.

I've been enjoying One Belongs Here More Than You (it's free) by We Can't Enjoy Ourselves more than most things as of late.

Quote by due 07
Awww ye, Rushing Ceremony is soo good.

I've been enjoying One Belongs Here More Than You (it's free) by We Can't Enjoy Ourselves more than most things as of late.

*image snip*

I saw Charming Man and was hoping for a Smiths cover. Not too disappointed though cus the actual song is awesome.

Check out the album I posted above if you haven't already:

Toys that Kill - Stye
OSCILLATE WILDLY!
Quote by Smeghead64
I saw Charming Man and was hoping for a Smiths cover. Not too disappointed though cus the actual song is awesome.

Yeah I kind of smh when I saw that at first, because they already sound like a Smiths cover band so it's funny they'd entitle a song "Charming Man."
Check out the album I posted above if you haven't already:

Toys that Kill - Stye

This is good, fank you.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm going to their concert 5th of september
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Quote by Jackintehbox

Oh yes. Oh yes.

Got to the end of the thread and thought I'd be the first to post it. Such a great album.
Genghis, Due, and institutions already posted everything I would.
you're a stone fox

absolutely love this album. very fused, he's done that thing again that most people find resentful where he fuses other genres with pop. i really don't care about it though, so i thoroughly enjoyed it, and still am. his voice is much more relaxed and settled and unenthusiastic, and doesn't really have that breathy annoying tone most of you despise. plus, it'll most likely get a lot of people into bob dylan which is always just brilliant. it's genuinely a brilliant listen, and those harmonies are just perfect.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Got to the end of the thread and thought I'd be the first to post it. Such a great album.

Someone else who knows who Arjen Lucassen is?

**** yeah
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
i think this is the only thing i own that came out this year.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by damian_91

**** yeah

I like you.

Well, taking off BTM, can't stand that shit. Haven't listened to the new Discarnate fully yet, but I'm familar with their first album and they rule cocks.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Sep 24, 2012,
i really like 2012 so far.. i'm not sure if i like it more than 2011 but the gaslight anthem, billy talent, the hives, bouncing souls, green day amongst others have made this quite a year and it's not over yet

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
(Invalid img)
Awwwyeah.
Last edited by ctb at Sep 24, 2012,
my favorite albums of the year so far:
Cattle Decapitation - Monolith of Inhumanity
Rush - Clockwork Angels
Fear Factory - The Industrialist
Dying Fetus - Reign Supreme
Chelsea Grin - Evolve
Cannibal Corpse - Torture

and looking forward to Dethalbum III and new Pig Destroyer