hi,

ok one simple question

does anyone know what's the polarity of the Proco rat 2, because it's not written on it?

Cheers
Well its got that little 1/8th inch stereo-looking jack instead of the barrel adapter and I use a pig tail so it may invert it, but I'm almost positive its the same as the standard boss ones... So center negative. Give me a second to search and I'll post back.

Wow, Google is really confused on this one. It seems that its tip-positive, but I can't find what that means in terms of the little pigtail adapter...

What power supply do you want to use and what adapter? Maybe we can answer your specific question without worrying about the overall topic.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at May 30, 2012,
I am fairly positive, that the tip is positive.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
well i'm basically using a multiple adapter, one of those transformers where you can change the jack and voltage. so yeah, i basically need to know which side needs to be positive/negative :s...

It's an awesome and legendary pedal, i don't really understand why it's so tuff to get an answer...
Tip is positive but the circuit itself is negative ground. A 1/8" adapter with reversed polarity (what most places sell) is all you'd need.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Tip is positive but the circuit itself is negative ground. A 1/8" adapter with reversed polarity (what most places sell) is all you'd need.

great sweet cheers man
You shouldn't use those multi-power adapters on pedals. They aren't regulated. You are only asking for trouble. Use a proper pedal power supply! I get tons of pedals in for repair because of these things.