Page 5 of 2562
Quote by digman50
Judging by the amount of money you seem to be spending this window you'll definitely buy a right back. Plus it's Abravomich making these signings so he won;'t give a crap about whether there's some youth player, especially without a manager there to say anything.

I wonder if he's making all these signings just to make the club more attractive for a new manager? They need to hurry up with that.

I disagree with that, he's pumped ridiculous amounts of money into the clubs academy facilities, he'll want to see his investment pay off.

We probably will end up signing a right back though, I just don't think we need to.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by digman50
Mulumbu just said his agent had been speaking to Tottenham and Newcastle, doesn't mean that either of them have or will bid for him.

It's likely someone will come in for him at some point though and he'll leave.

I doubt Tottenham will go for him with the amount of CM's they've already got.

'Arry does love signing midfielders though
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by robbo546hall
Am I the only one who doesn't think Chelsea need a new RB, because Ivanovic was one of the best in the league last year?

He's also injury prone and gets quite a few suspensions. They'll likely need him to cover at CB at some point meaning they'll want another RB. I would go with youth but knowing how Abravomcih is spending currently he'll end up buying a new one.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by Minkaro
I should send Mulumbu a screenshot of the Newcastle fans in here laughing at his injury last time WBA played Newcastle <_<.

We weren't laughing at his injury, we were laughing at Woy's decision to use all his subs, leaving them with only 10 men.

They were 3-1 down at that point anyway, with ten mins left, I doubt it made much difference.

Quote by robbo546hall
Am I the only one who doesn't think Chelsea need a new RB, because Ivanovic was one of the best in the league last year?

Eh, we don't need one but an improvement on Ivanovic would be nice.

He's not that great going forward and he's a bit too physical, like digman said he gets himself suspended quite a bit, or at least looks likely to. Plus, pacey forwards and wingers (like Lavezzi) tend to rip him apart.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by Minkaro
To be honest I wouldn't mind too much if Odemwingie left. He's not exactly the most consistent of players.

Mulumbu and Olsson though .

He's quite old isn't he? 32 or so?
You've lost Tchoyi though

Quote by digman50
He's quite old isn't he? 32 or so?
You've lost Tchoyi though

I thought Tchoyi was great at the start of the season, playing behind Long. Surprised that wasn't kept up. Him and Scharner are two that I'd rather WBA kept. (Not saying "we" because "we" is Man United).

Odemwingie is 30, assuming that's who you meant.
Quote by TOMMYB22

No way is Hazard getting the #10 from Mata, he'll probably get games in that position (slightly rotated with Mata) but i see him starting on the wing. Mata earned his role, regardless of how much we're paying him, Hazard is retarded if he thinks he can walk into the team and tell our best player to choose a new position.

Lamps and Ramires should share their spot in the team imo.

Quote by Sky Sports
Hazard, who openly flirted with several of Europe's top clubs - including Real Madrid and Barcelona - added: "At 21, Real or Barca would have been more difficult for me.

"If I play well enough at Chelsea, I could win my place in the starting team."

He seems to be fairly relaxed and realistic, not really that much of a dick. Seems everyone's made their minds up before really seeing what he's like

He doesn't even take a place in the starting line-up for granted, doubt he'll expect Mata's position and number.

Quote by digman50
He seems to be fairly relaxed and realistic, not really that much of a dick. Seems everyone's made their minds up before really seeing what he's like

He doesn't even take a place in the starting line-up for granted, doubt he'll expect Mata's position and number.

Fair enough. I just got the impression from some reports that he demanded that position to join a club. If he has that attitude then thats great.

Hazard and Mata can both a variety of positions though so i'd expect us to be fairly fluid anyway. If we can get it right and they can develop some chemistry, we have serious potential.

I'd expect a decent title challenge next season. Whether the team can gel together quickly enough to actually beat City to the title, eh, i'm more doubtful. I'd like to see how we turn out though.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by I.O.T.M
I don't know if anyone else will find this interesting, but I think it was a good read.

When is a player 'ready?

Fuck Kakuta. Lucas Piazon ftw.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
I found it interesting, good find.

Agree to most bits of it I guess aswell
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by I.O.T.M
I don't know if anyone else will find this interesting, but I think it was a good read.

When is a player 'ready?

That was a pretty good read. It got me thinking about Courtois. He impressed on loan at Atletico. If he was to return now would there be any chance of him forcing Cech to the bench or even in another season or two. Cech is experienced and still one of the best goalkeepers there is, so for someone like Courtois when would be the best time to return to Chelsea?
Quote by AdamDK
That was a pretty good read. It got me thinking about Courtois. He impressed on loan at Atletico. If he was to return now would there be any chance of him forcing Cech to the bench or even in another season or two. Cech is experienced and still one of the best goalkeepers there is, so for someone like Courtois when would be the best time to return to Chelsea?

Too early to bring him back, especially when Cech is still good. The experience is only doing him good, another season or two at Atletico i say.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
Some good points.

I think the problem with giving these players a chance is that Chelsea want to compete for silverware and therefore can't risk not performing and winning which may hapen with players that aren't fully developed. The main problem they've had is the fact they've loaned players out 'to get match experience' and once they've had experience they still don't get a chance.

The release of Bosingwa, Kalou, Drogba et al should really give players a chance to show through.

Chelsea should play their younger, less experienced players in the League Cup with a mixture of solid players such as Lampard in order to get them working in the Chelsea system and to give them a chance before phasing them into the full squad more and more.

Courtois needs another season or two. I would loan him back to Atletico and then bring him to a Premiership or Championship club for a short loan (first half of the season, maybe?)

Last edited by digman50 at Jun 4, 2012,
Quote by AdamDK

Courtois is apparently going to have another season on loan at Atletico Madrid. Depending on how Cech performs in this upcoming season, Courtois might have a chance the season after.

Personally, I think goalkeepers are a long term investment and I see no problem with Courtois going out on loan for another couple of seasons at top clubs before he gets his chance at Stamford Bridge. He will still be gaining that vital experience to become one of the top keepers in Europe. Whether or not he sees it the same way, I don't know. It looks as if Courtois is our long term replacement for Cech, which sucks if you're Jamal Blackman.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by digman50
Some good points.

I think the problem with giving these players a chance is that Chelsea want to compete for silverware and therefore can't risk not performing and winning which may hapen with players that aren't fully developed. The main problem they've had is the fact they've loaned players out 'to get match experience' and once they've had experience they still don't get a chance.

The release of Bosingwa, Kalou, Drogba et al should really give players a chance to show through.

Chelsea should play their younger, less experienced players in the League Cup with a mixture of solid players such as Lampard in order to get them working in the Chelsea system and to give them a chance before phasing them into the full squad more and more.

Courtois needs another season or two. I would loan him back to Atletico and then bring him to a Premiership or Championship club for a short loan (first half of the season, maybe?)

This, plus i hope we make use of our subs to give out some appearances. Lukaku, McEachran, Piazon and Sturridge need to find some games somewhere.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
Chelsea should just buy Krul already and Manchester United should buy Stekelenburg.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by I.O.T.M
Courtois is apparently going to have another season on loan at Atletico Madrid. Depending on how Cech performs in this upcoming season, Courtois might have a chance the season after.

Personally, I think goalkeepers are a long term investment and I see no problem with Courtois going out on loan for another couple of seasons at top clubs before he gets his chance at Stamford Bridge. He will still be gaining that vital experience to become one of the top keepers in Europe. Whether or not he sees it the same way, I don't know. It looks as if Courtois is our long term replacement for Cech, which sucks if you're Jamal Blackman.

i love his name...so stereotypically black
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
Quote by Minkaro
On loan for the first two?

Lukaku is gonna back up Torres next season i think so probably not.

McEachran didn't seem to get many appearances for Swansea so that might be a waste of time too. He's pretty scrawny so maybe managers thing he isn't strong enough
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
Quote by Minkaro
On loan for the first two?

I'd rather Lukaku was back up to Torres next season. I wouldn't protest loaning out Piazon so long as he goes to a club that will play him regularly.

S A D B O Y S
new thread already?

PRE-SEASON PREDICTIONS

Primeira Liga (Portuguese League) winner: Porto (obviously)
Portuguese cup winner: Braga
Portuguese supercup winner: Porto
portuguese league cup winner: benfica (nobody cares, really)

Premiership winner: City or Chelsea
Premiership top 4: City, Chelsea, United, Newcastle
Champions League winner: Real Madrid
Europa League winner: Porto, if we end 3rd in CL group stage. Otherwise, Napoli
FA Cup winner: Man United
League Cup winner: Liverpool, Spurs? idk
Relegated from Premiership: don't care

Others if you can be arsed..

Championship winner: don't care
La Liga winner: Real Madrid
Bundesliga winner: Bayern
Serie A winner: AC Milan
Eredivisie winner: zero fucks given
Ligue 1 winner: Marseille now seriously PSG or Lyon
Last edited by little_boy at Jun 4, 2012,
Quote by Neo Evil11
Chelsea should just buy Krul already and Manchester United should buy Stekelenburg.

Why?

This is why we think you're a retard.

Quote by sam b

I bet Mulumbu is just trolling anyway. Apparently he likes doing that on twitter

Man, I absolutely hate that Mulumbu guy. Flirting with the media and stuff. Even worse than Hazard!
No, I'm not having a go at Tangle here about the whole "omg I hav him on ignor" thing, but..

Can you still see the person you "ignored"..s posts or what? How could he see this thread, as mine is the first post, and if he can't see my posts...

EDIT: ^ I posted a difference variation of that pic a week or so ago.. he just said they werent true and the British media were making it up
If Chelsea keep Ivanovic there's no way they need a new RB. Even if they sell him I'm not sure it's that necessary. I seriously think Luiz should be a full back, he normally pops up on the wings anyway (plus Cahill and Terry will be first choice CB, although both are perhaps injury prone), and Hutchinson looks decent (and at least deserves a chance to prove himself, considering what he's gone through with retiring and whatnot). Imagine a right flank partnership of Hulk and Luiz.
Quote by sam b
EDIT: ^ I posted a difference variation of that pic a week or so ago.. he just said they werent true and the British media were making it up

If Hazard wasn't Belgian...

As for the ignored post thing, you just see a message that says "User has posted something, but they're on your ignore list. Click here to see it."
Quote by sam b
No, I'm not having a go at Tangle here about the whole "omg I hav him on ignor" thing, but..

Can you still see the person you "ignored"..s posts or what? How could he see this thread, as mine is the first post, and if he can't see my posts...

I don't have anyone on block but I imagine if a post is quoted you see it and you probably get the "You have so and so blocked so you can't see this post, do you want to see this post?"
Hazard is Belgian people are forgetting, a country that can't make it's mind up on one language, I'm sure if Hazard had his way he'd be playing for Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real, etc, etc, all at the same time.

Having a finger in every cake is the Belgian way... that and paedophilia.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006