Page 4 of 12
Quote by bastards
Wait, what? You play as Doomguy. He's just known as Doomguy because he doesn't actually have a name to get the player to sink into the character a little more.

My bad, I was thinking of the wrong video game conspiracy.
Quote by devourke
My bad, I was thinking of the wrong video game conspiracy.

It's all good. You just had me really confused man. I've never heard of a game that has a main character you never actually play as.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by devourke
Titles exclusive to the Xbox are incentives for new gamers/different console gamers to purchase an Xbox instead of pirating it for PC.

It doesn't even make sense though. The average PC user who doesn't use it to game most likely doesn't have a PC capable of running a game like Halo 4 anyway. Releasing a game for Xbox and PC isn't going to drive a lot of new gamers or Wii/PS3 players to purchase a 1300 dollar gaming PC. If they do anything at all, they're still most likely to buy an Xbox to play the game. A PC release would just bump up their sales of the game.
Last edited by TheChaz at Jun 5, 2012,
Quote by devourke
What is this?

Players will play as Spartan III's in the multiplayer mode in Halo 4. I was wondering if they'd also be tied in with the campaign/story. But seeing as how they're making the multiplayer story oriented, I suppose in someway they are.

Quote by bastards
Actually since Gravemind Cortana has been slowly going insane. If anyone is as geeky for Halo as I am, you already that Cortana is one of those AIs and it's already been tied into the story line.

Oh man, it would be so cool if it worked out that way. And I'm sure it will. Would also be awesome if they introduced more AI.

And after seeing gameplay of Halo 4 today, is anyone else thinking Metroid Prime? It's a a bit disappointing to think about.
Check out my lyrics! (C4C)

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
Last edited by Gaiad at Jun 6, 2012,
i stopped after halo 2. i didnt like halo 3, wont play halo 4, 90% percent sure. but the graphics look kewl
Quote by Gaiad
Players will play as Spartan III's in the multiplayer mode in Halo 4. I was wondering if they'd also be tied in with the campaign/story. But seeing as how they're making the multiplayer story oriented, I suppose in someway they are.
I heard it was Spartan IVs in the multiplayer?

And this is the one thing I've heard that has me unambiguously intrigued. It's taking Invasion (which is one of the best fucking ideas that came out of Reach's development) and taking it further... and hopefully not half-assing the execution.
Quote by Gaiad
And after seeing gameplay of Halo 4 today, is anyone else thinking Metroid Prime? It's a a bit disappointing to think about.

Yes. Someone (don't remember who) from Retro also works at 343i, for future reference. It's concerning, but there are worse games to take cues from.

EDIT: Woops. Messed up those quotes.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Jun 6, 2012,
Quote by Gaiad
Spartan IV's. You play as III's in Reach. But yeah, I'm pretty sure they're going to be tied into the campaign.
The only thing that pisses me off is that they already announced Halo 5 and 6. I really hope they don't pull a COD and release the same ****ing game with a different number every year.
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
The only thing that pisses me off is that they already announced Halo 5 and 6. I really hope they don't pull a COD and release the same ****ing game with a different number every year.

Why does that piss you off? It's a new trilogy

Naturally two more will follow it. And Halo is far, far more story-based. If they pulled a CoD they'd lose their entire fanbase.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
Why does that piss you off? It's a new trilogy

Naturally two more will follow it. And Halo is far, far more story-based. If they pulled a CoD they'd lose their entire fanbase.

Because if they release a new game every year, they don't have time to innovte something new and incorporate it into the game. Part of the reason Halo is so successful and awesome is because they take their time in developing the game, which is why I don't mind that they take a few years to release a new Halo.
pinga
I haven't seen anything about release dates for them, though. I imagine they will keep up with the trend and value quality over convenience--that's just what they do.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
I haven't seen anything about release dates for them, though. I imagine they will keep up with the trend and value quality over convenience--that's just what they do.

It just scares me that they have already announced it, which is why im thinking they;ll release one every year. But hey, ill probably still buy or play it anyway so I can't complain

Reach is probably my favorite Halo btw, not sure why so many people hate on it.
pinga
They hate it because they can't get down from their nostalgic pedestals, to be perfectly frank. It has built in armor effects, different weapons... well, you know what it has.

People are also already raging about how Halo 4 MP looks like CoD. It's more similar, I'll give them that--but it's far from CoD. Halo will never be like a military FPS.

Reach multiplayer was my favorite from the Halo series, as well. In my opinion, when you start with more tools to use in battle, it requires more planning and thinking to survive/do well. But sadly no one cares for opinions.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by bastards

And I am a bigger fan of Doom than Halo.

I fail to see the similarity. They both have visors, that's about the only shared feature.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I also fail to see it. they both have visors and both are wearing green, though the shades are not even slightly similar.

And I've played Doom a lot, but I have to be honest. It's kind of shit.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by super_strat
Spartan IV's. You play as III's in Reach. But yeah, I'm pretty sure they're going to be tied into the campaign.

Quote by Flying Couch
I heard it was Spartan IVs in the multiplayer?

Well shit. Spartan III's are still fairly new and now that? I could've sworn it was III's, but damn. I suppose it's been a while.

Yes. Someone (don't remember who) from Retro also works at 343i, for future reference. It's concerning, but there are worse games to take cues from.

I suppose that is true, could be worse.

EDIT:
Quote by eGraham
They hate it because they can't get down from their nostalgic pedestals, to be perfectly frank. It has built in armor effects, different weapons... well, you know what it has.

People are also already raging about how Halo 4 MP looks like CoD. It's more similar, I'll give them that--but it's far from CoD. Halo will never be like a military FPS.

Reach multiplayer was my favorite from the Halo series, as well. In my opinion, when you start with more tools to use in battle, it requires more planning and thinking to survive/do well. But sadly no one cares for opinions.

I love how you only mention the multiplayer.

A lot of the people that I know who are pissed off is because the campaign/story was terrible in Reach. Most people who give a damn about the canon entirely write it off even.

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
What was wrong with Reach's story. I liked it more than 3.

Beat it on Legendary alone
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
What was wrong with Reach's story. I liked it more than 3.

Beat it on Legendary alone

The dates and events create inconsistencies with the the rest of the Halo story. The battle of Reach was fought in one day, not over the course of a month like the game says.

Not to mention, that I believe it is implied that Dr. Halsey makes it off the planet (which I might be wrong about). When she actually is supposed to get off after the events on Installation 04 with other survivors on Reach due to Master Chief coming to rescue them.

Also, the Pillar of Autumn was never on the planet. It was hovering in space with the chief as he was following through with the Cole Protocol. Cortana was also on the Pillar of Autumn at that point.

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by TheChaz
It doesn't even make sense though. The average PC user who doesn't use it to game most likely doesn't have a PC capable of running a game like Halo 4 anyway. Releasing a game for Xbox and PC isn't going to drive a lot of new gamers or Wii/PS3 players to purchase a 1300 dollar gaming PC. If they do anything at all, they're still most likely to buy an Xbox to play the game. A PC release would just bump up their sales of the game.

It's not the sole reason for buying an Xbox. It's for when someone is looking to buy a gaming machine and are tossing up whether to get a PS3, Xbox, Wii, or a PC. "Damn Halo 4, looks pretty sick" or "I remember playing Halo 3 at my friends house, shit was mad tight" is the difference between buying an Xbox over something else. Hence why I said it was an incentive, not 'the sole reason for buying an Xbox'.

Quote by super_strat

Do they have any major differences to the Chief?

Quote by Cb4rabid

Reach is probably my favorite Halo btw, not sure why so many people hate on it.

I dislike the multiplayer as a whole, but I do like the armor abilities for the fun they add.
I don't like bloom because spam can beat skilled players slowing their shots down. I don't think bad players should regularly have the ability to beat a skilled player through luck because the skilled player has to pace their shots. I don't like the overpowered explosives (One frag to kill, getting killed by a rocket that exploded 5m away etc etc). While I do like armor abilities, I don't think you should be able to spawn with them. I think there should be 1 or 2 pickups on a 4v4 map to promote the importance of the opening rush. I don't think you should have the option of spawning with more than one weapon set (DMR + AR or AR + Pistol). Superior weapons should be earned through the opening rush and map control. I think the DMR's range is way too far and far too accurate for a single shot rifle. I think that due to most of the maps designs, camping is almost required to watch crucial choke points. Another thing I dislike regarding the map design is that almost all of the maps are too big, too open or too enclosed.
An example of good map design would be in Zealot and Boardwalk. Both of these maps have a mix of enclosed areas where you're forced to fight head-on and most of the time not worry about someone on the other side of the map. They both also have areas where you can shoot people from across the map, but most of these areas block choke points and the enemies inside them from view, so you can't just camp and fire from your spawn at them. Both of these maps promote teamwork and (Zealot to a lesser extent) map control. You push for that top sniper spawn on Boardwalk, and roll with team-mates around the outside ring of Zealot, hoping to either disrupt the enemy spawn so you can take the other team out 2 v 4, or box in their spawn so they have to run straight into your team-mates. I actually enjoy playing ZB game types on Boardwalk, they usually end up being some of the more balanced and skill based games I've played on Reach.
Anyway to avoid writing a whole page of shit I'll just say that I don't think Reach puts as much emphasis on balance as the past Halo's did, (in Map design, Classes, Weapons, bloom etc etc) and I think this takes a lot of the skill away from the game. I can have fun on it for a few games, but after that I just get bored very easily and get a hankering for some Halo 3. Hopefully this can explain to you why I don't like Halo Reach's Multiplayer as a whole. (Being honest I haven't cared about any of the Halo campaigns enough to play through them more than once except for Halo 2, which I've clocked countless times)
Quote by devourke
I dislike the multiplayer as a whole, but I do like the armor abilities for the fun they add.
I don't like bloom because spam can beat skilled players slowing their shots down. I don't think bad players should regularly have the ability to beat a skilled player through luck because the skilled player has to pace their shots.

I've always disliked the bloom too, it's way too much of a bloom, if it were cut back more I think it'd be acceptable. But I'd much rather it not be there at all.

I don't like the overpowered explosives (One frag to kill, getting killed by a rocket that exploded 5m away etc etc). While I do like armor abilities, I don't think you should be able to spawn with them. I think there should be 1 or 2 pickups on a 4v4 map to promote the importance of the opening rush. I don't think you should have the option of spawning with more than one weapon set (DMR + AR or AR + Pistol). Superior weapons should be earned through the opening rush and map control. I think the DMR's range is way too far and far too accurate for a single shot rifle. I think that due to most of the maps designs, camping is almost required to watch crucial choke points. Another thing I dislike regarding the map design is that almost all of the maps are too big, too open or too enclosed.

You're in my head.

My biggest problem with Reach's multiplayer was with the huge maps like you said. It's boring having to run around so much to get little accomplished. Personally my favorite maps out of the whole series are usually smaller like Turf and Warlock

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
I found Reach overall more fun, but Halo 3's rank system was soooo much more competitive, and therefore more fun.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Gaiad

My biggest problem with Reach's multiplayer was with the huge maps like you said. It's boring having to run around so much to get little accomplished. Personally my favorite maps out of the whole series are usually smaller like Turf and Warlock

Mine would be Heretic, Narrows and Citadel. I really like playing on symmetrical maps...
Quote by devourke
Mine would be Heretic, Narrows and Citadel. I really like playing on symmetrical maps...

Ahh, Midship was a favorite of mine. I was glad when they brought it back as Heretic.

What I really want them to bring back? Terminal. That was such a fun and competitive map.

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Gaiad
Ahh, Midship was a favorite of mine. I was glad when they brought it back as Heretic.

What I really want them to bring back? Terminal. That was such a fun and competitive map.

I was hoping for a Guardian and Narrows, they were my fav by far in 3
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I would blow a grunt to have construct back.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
http://halo4nation.com/news/halo-4-multiplayer-elements-unveiled/

Power weapons are delivered through 'Ordnance Drops' like in ODST. It looks like you can get Power Weapons through killstreaks D:

All the armor abilities look pretty tight, but that Thruster pack is probably going to be abused hard in tandem with a double beatdown/sword/shotgun, but it could be pretty cool to trick jump with.

Light shield seems like it'd be sick if you can move it while it's deployed. You'd be able to get some mad clutch plays swinging that shit around.
They look pretty cool.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by devourke
http://halo4nation.com/news/halo-4-multiplayer-elements-unveiled/

Power weapons are delivered through 'Ordnance Drops' like in ODST. It looks like you can get Power Weapons through killstreaks D:

Given that Spartan Ops seems to be fairly objective-oriented, that's not necessarily going to be terrible. Timed drops that anyone could grab on Slayer matches would be dandy. It's an iffy idea, but we need to know more before condemning it.
Quote by devourke
All the armor abilities look pretty tight, but that Thruster pack is probably going to be abused hard in tandem with a double beatdown/sword/shotgun, but it could be pretty cool to trick jump with.
Doesn't seem any different from Evade to me, perhaps with a little jetpack thrown in. Evade was probably my favorite of all the Reach AAs - everything Sprint could do, Evade could do better, and then some.

Quote by devourke
Light shield seems like it'd be sick if you can move it while it's deployed. You'd be able to get some mad clutch plays swinging that shit around.

It seems like the Riot Shield from MW2 to me. Not the worst idea ever, though it threatens to run into the same execution problems as Armor Lock. We'll see.

It's stupid of me, but the fact that the Scout Helmet is back is almost enough to make me wanna get it.... most of that info looks decent, but there was this one alarming phrase:
By alternating redundant magnetic streams at the rear of a Spartan’s armor, the Firepower Package overrides regulated loadout limitations, allowing users to carry two primary weapons simultaneously. For Spartans who prefer heavier or longer-ranged firepower over close-range versatility and speed, this package is typically considered imperative.
Don't know what to make of that. If that limits what you can have as your starting loadout, fine. If that means you can't carry two "primaries" period without this option, that's absolutely fucking retarded.
Quote by Flying Couch

It's stupid of me, but the fact that the Scout Helmet is back is almost enough to make me wanna get it.... most of that info looks decent, but there was this one alarming phrase:
Don't know what to make of that. If that limits what you can have as your starting loadout, fine. If that means you can't carry two "primaries" period without this option, that's absolutely fucking retarded.

No need to worry, it's just the starting load out.

And I saw a little bit of a gameplay video that had the booster pack thing. It did seem pretty much like an evade where you could only go forwards.

It also looks like there's no bloom : D

link for cruious
So the over shield and invisibility are still in the game right?

Right?
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by bastards
So the over shield and invisibility are still in the game right?

Right?

I think OS might appear in the form of an ordnance drop. I didn't see Invis under any armor abilities, so it might be coming in an ordnance drop as well.
That's not even cool. The best part of MP was the two powerups you had to chose between. Now they've been drowned?

╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by bastards
That's not even cool. The best part of MP was the two powerups you had to chose between. Now they've been drowned?

Hold your horses there, nothing is set in stone yet. The only thing we know is that OS was going to appear in an ordnance drop. They haven't said anything about there not being an Invis.
Quote by devourke
No need to worry, it's just the starting load out.

And I saw a little bit of a gameplay video that had the booster pack thing. It did seem pretty much like an evade where you could only go forwards.

It also looks like there's no bloom : D

link for cruious

Multiplayer is actually looking kind of cool, better than Reach at least.

Just two things that are bugging me, is the BR equivalent still single-shot? I want my burst back.

And I've never been a huge fan of loadouts, so still seeing them there is kind of eh.

I'll keep my eye on it though, watching those videos it really gives me a 'Halo 2' kind of feel. Which would be amazing if they pulled that off since that's my favorite in the series.

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Gaiad
Multiplayer is actually looking kind of cool, better than Reach at least.

Just two things that are bugging me, is the BR equivalent still single-shot? I want my burst back.

And I've never been a huge fan of loadouts, so still seeing them there is kind of eh.

I'll keep my eye on it though, watching those videos it really gives me a 'Halo 2' kind of feel. Which would be amazing if they pulled that off since that's my favorite in the series.

Halo 4 has a BR and a DMR. The BR is a 3 round burst, of course.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Gyroscope
Halo 4 has a BR and a DMR. The BR is a 3 round burst, of course.

After watching some more videos and looking at the ammo counter, yeah I noticed that. The audio and visuals are very deceptive though. But I'm sure that'll be improved by the time it's released.

I also noticed that they've kept bloom, but it seems much more tame than in Reach.

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
lololdthreads

I have Bungie liked on Facebook, and I tried to read an article that they posted. I entered my birthdate, but got click-happy and didn't change the year from 2012, so now I'm too young to view the material
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.