Page 5 of 12
Wait, wasn't it supposed to be over with Halo 3?

I didn't play it because the gameplay never really did anything special for me, but wasn't everyone talking about it having an actual conclusive ending unlike Halo 2 and Halo 1?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
Wait, wasn't it supposed to be over with Halo 3?

I didn't play it because the gameplay never really did anything special for me, but wasn't everyone talking about it having an actual conclusive ending unlike Halo 2 and Halo 1?

Halo 3 had the opposite of a conclusive ending lol.

The series was renewed for a new trilogy, meaning it will go up to (at least) Halo 6.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
Halo 3 had the opposite of a conclusive ending lol.

The series was renewed for a new trilogy, meaning it will go up to (at least) Halo 6.

Halo 5: The Quest For More Money.

Nah but as long as they don't screw up the story and stuff I'm fine with this. Again, it never did much for me, so I'm not a fan, but I hate seeing a good franchise ruined because of bad sequels.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I hear you. I'm not a long-time Halo fan, I only got into it a few years ago--but I really do enjoy the series. It would be a shame to spoil a good thing, as you said.

But Halo 4 looks very promising. To be honest, I have no idea what Halo 5 or 6 will be about, but I guess that depends on the end of 4.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

I swear if Halo 4 doesn't have another cliff-hangar ending I will be severely dissapointed. The whole reason I play Halo is to wonder what happens after the game ends.
Am I the only one a little turned off by the eleventy billion helmets to choose from?
And the COD-like rewards?
And no Brutes?
And apparently, as of now, no true team slayer?

The campaign looks awesome, but I'm a little worried about multiplayer. The again, I haven't really enjoyed online with Halo since Halo 2.

EDIT: I also just remembered how worried I am about how the game will sound. So far, all of the clipz make the guns all sound alike...

Can you tell I'm a Halo purist yet?
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Last edited by BrokenDstring at Sep 13, 2012,
Quote by BrokenDstring
Am I the only one a little turned off by the eleventy billion helmets to choose from?
And the COD-like rewards?
And no Brutes?
And apparently, as of now, no true team slayer?

The campaign looks awesome, but I'm a little worried about multiplayer. The again, I haven't really enjoyed online with Halo since Halo 2.

EDIT: I also just remembered how worried I am about how the game will sound. So far, all of the clipz make the guns all sound alike...

Can you tell I'm a Halo purist yet?

I love customisation.

And hate brutes.
No brutes, because the Covenenant have less of a role in this game. I think they'll still be present, but the MC will be fighting off the Prometheans on the whole.

And I personally like the idea of customization to that scale, but that probably stems from my interest in RPGs.

edit: ^^ I love to fight brutes. I remember a friend and me going after the chieftain at the end of (edit again, what was that level called? ) on Reach on LASO and it took us forever.

I think it was "The Pillar of Autumn"
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Last edited by eGraham at Sep 13, 2012,
I'll reserve judgement for once I've played it, although I will say that I don't really care for how MC's new armor looks, or the Warrior armor in multiplayer.

Regardless, I'm hitting up the midnight release, getting the new Halo xbox bundle and then spending all of the next day (election day marathoning it with my buddy.

And eGraham, check your PMs.
Quote by DukeDeRox
Obviously you got this.
Quote by eGraham
No brutes, because the Covenenant have less of a role in this game. I think they'll still be present, but the MC will be fighting off the Prometheans on the whole.

And I personally like the idea of customization to that scale, but that probably stems from my interest in RPGs.

edit: ^^ I love to fight brutes. I remember a friend and me going after the chieftain at the end of (edit again, what was that level called? ) on Reach on LASO and it took us forever.

I think it was "The Pillar of Autumn"

To me the design always seemed lazy. "Here are some gorillas to fight". Elites were way cooler.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
To me the design always seemed lazy. "Here are some gorillas to fight". Elites were way cooler.

Exactly. Elites and hunters are possibly my favorite character to fight ever. Brutes are somewhat pathetic.
I like to fight hunters and elites more, as well. But beating a Legendary difficulty, all skulls on chieftain is certainly entertaining.

@Rays, got your PM. Check yours now
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Last edited by eGraham at Sep 13, 2012,
Quote by Saint78
Yeah, I agree. I'm usually super chill when I play though. I turn off chat, so I'm not affected by the negativity of other gamers.

This. I literally go through and mute the whole lobby. Occasionally I troll squeakers, but only if they deserve it.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

NotCounter-Strike 4? Psh.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Ill be getting it, but im not particularly excited or on the edge of my seat holding my breathe.

Now Borderlands 2 on the other hand.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by WhiskeyFace
So the forerunners are evil now?

They did sort of build these gigantic weapons of mass destruction just kinda hanging out in space.* Maybe you've heard of them?

*WITH DIPSHIT TRAITOR ORACLES I MIGHT ADD.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
They did sort of build these gigantic weapons of mass destruction just kinda hanging out in space.* Maybe you've heard of them?

lololololololo
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Ill be getting it, but im not particularly excited or on the edge of my seat holding my breathe.

Now Borderlands 2 on the other hand.

I am the exact opposite of this post. lol
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

While I found Halo 1 + 3 to be terrible, Reach was OK and Halo 2 was awesome, so I'll keep my eye on this. My only problem with the Halo universe is it just feels so childish, kind of like the worlds you imagine when you were 7 years old, but I guess that's also it's appeal at the same time.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
I'm kinda excited about this.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by VanTheKraut

They had reason for that though, not like the flood that are just like NOM NOM EAT EVERYTHING. Especially now that the gravemind is dead they have no reason to kill everyone.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
They had reason for that though, not like the flood that are just like NOM NOM EAT EVERYTHING. Especially now that the gravemind is dead they have no reason to kill everyone.

I thought the flood were pretty badass and Promethians are just a shitty reinvention of them. Graveminds are able to control them, which is why there was that huge coordinated flood attack in Halo 2, but they dont just all sit down and chill out when the Gravemind dies.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

Quote by WhiskeyFace

I want to say there are numerous graveminds. But I cannot remember for certain.
Check out my lyrics! (C4C)

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
Quote by Gaiad
I want to say there are numerous graveminds. But I cannot remember for certain.

So you're telling me there is a chance I might have to go through those butthole-like doors again while Cortana and Gravemind are arguing like an old married couple?!?!

coo mane.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Last edited by BrokenDstring at Sep 14, 2012,
Halo 2 and 3 were the best I hope 4 is good too. I don't really have a problem with Reach other than over half the maps being made in forge.

CoD will always be better though.
sunbather is shit
I love the halo series. When this comes out I will be buying an old 360 and playing it :P

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Quote by super_strat
Halo 4 looks very promising at the moment, if not just for the Campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEm21t7fRAg

A shitload of work is being put into this game, and I really cannot wait.

I agree, it's looking like it's going to be great. But even so, the Space Pirate Prometheans leave a bad taste in my mouth. That's probably the only thing I'm not terribly in favor of anymore. That and Davidge hasn't really shown me any sort of thematic ability in his composition.
Check out my lyrics! (C4C)

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
Quote by devourke
a live stream of what?

Well, they're wrapping it up now. But it was some multiplayer.
i think i missed it. it say's offline now. but I'm gonna take a look at some mlg clips from halo 4 in a mo
Must...not....watch....anything...I've done so good so far, I think I've just seen a couple minutes of MP and a few screens here and there.

I can't get it until Thursday night though too many midterms
I have a huge fear if rays.
Goddamnit.

I've never enjoyed playing Halo, like whatsoever. It's not like i'm even saying that without giving it a go, i've really tried but i just hate the feel of it. The massive shame of it is that the story is so damn good i always want to. Right, this christmas when i get home from uni i'm 100% finishing a game and getting over the fact that the gameplay feels horrible.
Manchester United
I'm picking up H4 at a midnight release. I've had it on reserve since April
pinga
Halo 4 looks too much like Reach. Armor abilities are back. Being able to actually pick up grenades off the ground is going to be a perk you have to choose. I'll probably buy it anyway because I'm a sheep.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
Halo 4 looks too much like Reach. Armor abilities are back. Being able to actually pick up grenades off the ground is going to be a perk you have to choose. I'll probably buy it anyway because I'm a sheep.

Wait...what?

are you ****ing kidding me?
pinga
reviews that ive read of this game are the best i have ever seen
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO