Page 1 of 5
Here is one more I'm working on at the moment. It's a LP based design that I am building for a friend of mine. It has an ash body and will be inlaid with bloodwood, walnut, curly maple and ebony. He requested the I integrate an Anchor into the design so here what I've got so far:

The ebony will be used for a chain that wraps around the design. When its done the anchor should appear to be buried into the guitar. Really hope I can pull off the image in my head.
Looks really nice so far, but I'm not getting the right side thing, I think if you did the same thing as the left side it would look better. Just my 2¢.
⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸
Airline 3P Deluxe
Gibson SG Special w/ SD 59's
Victoria MIJ 60's Electric Guitar
Martin DCX1E
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18
Bunch of Pedals
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Quote by JoeFlips
Looks really nice so far, but I'm not getting the right side thing, I think if you did the same thing as the left side it would look better. Just my 2¢.

I dunno, I think it looks good. Unusual, in a good way, not a "my god, that's ugly even for a BC Rich" way.
It's almost like the probg of the anchor that sticks out 'mirrors' the cutaway diagonally opposite.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by GABarrie

Ibanez RG470AHZ
Squire Strat
Walden G630CE

Blackstar HT-40
Marshal MG30FX

OFFICIALLY A 'BEAUTIFUL PERSON'
Quote by lock@stoner
Quote by GABarrie

Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7421
Ibanez SA160
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Randall RM100
Madison Divinity II
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
H&K 4x12
this thing looks amazing, and BC rich is not ugly, nor is this, it already looks amazing, I can't wait to see it done.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Thanks for the feedback guys, I do appreciate the comments.

I routed out the cavities for the anchor pieces today and I'm pretty happy with how they fit.

I also managed to get the neck cut and glued up

As well as the fret board

My next step is to mix the three different colors of epoxy I'll need and glue the pieces in, then it will be time to tackle the ebony chain
pretty damn cool
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Far out that must have been time consuming, very impressive work

Chur
this is so great dude, how much are you getting payed?
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by Viban
this is so great dude, how much are you getting payed?

My buddy that I'm building it for is an awesome website/ graphic designer and we are basically trading. He gets the guitar, I get the practice as well as another build under my belt plus my own website to show off my stuff and begin taking custom orders in the future.
Following with interest. Quality workmanship so far. I'm impressed.

Sharp tools to Ya!
i absolutely love this build. your doing a great job! i wish could get my workshop functional....
This build... This... BUILD!

You need to dye the body blue, let's be honest
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Wow, awesome and original idea and it looks really neat. If you pull it off all the way I think it'll look marvellous, excited to see it.
Quote by MickAlmighty
You need to dye the body blue, let's be honest

Definitely
⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸
Airline 3P Deluxe
Gibson SG Special w/ SD 59's
Victoria MIJ 60's Electric Guitar
Martin DCX1E
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18
Bunch of Pedals
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Oh phew, thought this was another pinky anchoring flamewar.
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Just now noticing how the grain in the ash is going in opposite directions. Excellent.
Stewmacs pretty expensive on basically everything so I try and stay away from them if I can. Its like $115 for a 2 piece swamp ash blank from them, where as you can get the same thing from BestGuitarParts for $60 or $105 for a one piece blank. Definitely shop around before going with stewmac.

Chain is being epoxied in and now I have to wait the 24 hours for its to cure

Its a little messy but should clean up nice once dry
Niiiice. I'm also really digging the shape of that other guitar body lying around in many of the pics, nice curves. I'll soon start with my first own build, and I was thinking a very similar design to that one.
Page 1 of 5