Page 2 of 19
I'd be down for this. I'm sure I can shoehorn TiA in there

#aNewChallengerApproaches
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I'm happy to review stuff but I'm not sure yet about actually participating. Given that 2 days is a bit short notice for me to properly listen to and review an album, I'll probably not get one up every time - is that alright?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
I really like this idea... but I want to see what happens before I participate. Furthermore, I can't wait to see what music will be presented.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
If its cool that I let you guys know week to week if I participate in reviewing im in.

Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Sounds like a really interesting idea. I might not be able to compete much but I'll sign up

Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
weeoohh

lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
This will definitely give me a reason to post more here, now.

VG. Donald Draper of the Metal Forum.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Jun 17, 2012,
Quote by MHDrunk
I'm happy to review stuff but I'm not sure yet about actually participating. Given that 2 days is a bit short notice for me to properly listen to and review an album, I'll probably not get one up every time - is that alright?

The listening period schedule is still up for debate, two days was just a suggestion. While I would like to avoid a prolonged period of time to avoid the disinterest and apathy that Metal Forum Radio degenerated into, I definitely understand and can relate to wanting more time for proper listening.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
If it was worked into a schedule (eg, every Sunday/Monday for reviewing or something) I could work with it.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by VampireGoldfish
The listening period schedule is still up for debate, two days was just a suggestion. While I would like to avoid a prolonged period of time to avoid the disinterest and apathy that Metal Forum Radio degenerated into, I definitely understand and can relate to wanting more time for proper listening.

I feel like 3 days would be optimal. Enough time for those of us to get to it and work it around whatever else we're doing, but also fast enough so as not to just sit there dead for a week or whatever.

I also agree that if an album is pretty hard to get a hold of or even hear on the 'tube, the user posting it should be responsable for providing a way for others to hear it.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
I guess it wouldn't hurt to broadcast the music somehow if its really hard to find? I am not suggesting posting sketchy links.. I am just saying some of these bands not everyone can easily get access to and they might be disinterested in listening because of that.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal

Just use 8track again.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

the only thing about that though.. you can only use so many songs per artist with 8track

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

Just change the artist name for each of the tracks.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Put artist name as song name and vice versa.
Quote by Steve08

Then if the album is longer than 8 songs combine the extra tracks I guess. But what if it is shorter than 8 songs, 8 tracks won't let you publish a mix if it is less than 8 songs either. It would be easier just to upload it to youtube.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
You can have more than 8 tracks on 8track, if it is less, than just add in filler, or combine both contestants albums together in one thing.
Quote by Steve08

Mediafire would be the easiest, are we allowed to post MF links though?
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
No, It is in the grey zone if you pm it though.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Quote by Riffmast
You can have more than 8 tracks on 8track, if it is less, than just add in filler, or combine both contestants albums together in one thing.

Yeah, I'm sure we all have either some grindcore or sound effects we can stick on the end of the mix. I have a handful of 2-6 second sounds from super mario 64
Alright so we have 11 players so far. I'm hoping that once we start playing, a few more regulars would be interested in doing this as well.

So without further ado, here are our list of contenders....

Dilonrips

I don't know much about Dilon or his taste in music
And that makes him dangerous

Progbass

Once he was man, then he forced his way through the sphincter and traversed a long dark corridor of asshole and emerged a nihilist.

Special powers: Unnecessarily wordy words, nihilism, AID humor, the cassic golden age of Metal

Burning Angel

Melodic Black Metal Attack! Burning Angel's knowledge of black metal goodies is strong, making him a worthy opponent if the battle's theme is anything Grim, Cold, Melencholic, and/or holocaust winds. Beware!

Annihislater

THE BEAST FROM THE EAST
You will know when you face Annihislater, for you will face fire chariots of destruction, hear the call of carpathian wolves, and witness a will stronger then death.

Ctfod

How do you pronounce that? Who is this mysterious stranger? Just what exactly does he listen to?

Helloween4Ever

Swords and sorceries, dungeons and dragons! Despite having a god damn "4" in his name, we have all known Helloween to indulge in some quality Power Metal. But will his weakness for flower Metal hold him back? Time will tell.

CrazedShredder

Something something arab something something poodle chews it

ButtRayge

All I know of Buttrayge is an old memory of him having the buttballs to say "No shut up VG you are wrong." That takes a lot of cojones, and that much cojones is dangerous in the Your Move battle arena.

BEWIII-er... TheWildChild

Isn't this guy asian or something? Regardless, preapre for bestial savage death onslaughts, for the name of this players game is DEATH. BLACK. TRUE.

FallenAngel

Perhaps THE biggest wildcard in the game right now. A taste in music so elective, so individual, so untouched by others that it can only be called awesome. I had a dream with FallenAngel in it once where he played the part of the happiest cloud that ever existed.

This man is that dangerous.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Jun 19, 2012,
Those are our players. Unless more people sign up before tonight, I will be starting the game very soon.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
To clarify, with my touching write up ( ), since this IS the metal forum, do the albums in the game have to be necessarily metal, or just albums that best fit the bill, since we're all regulars here, etc.?

This may seem a dumb question, since it IS the metal forum, but we all kinda pretty much know each other's tastes in and out of metal, so I figured it's a valid question.

Also,

Quote by VampireGoldfish
I had a dream with FallenAngel in it once where he played the part of the happiest cloud that ever existed.

This man is that dangerous.

This made my day.

Saxo-Walrus

Last edited by fallenangel20 at Jun 19, 2012,
Quote by fallenangel20
To clarify, with my touching write up ( ), since this IS the metal forum, do the albums in the game have to be necessarily metal, or just albums that best fit the bill, since we're all regulars here, etc.?
:

I think this is something the community should decide.

As for my opinion on it I would prefer that players, to the best of their abilities, try to incorporate more Metal then anything else since this is the Metal forum. Now if a theme SCREAMS for a specific release that would just knock it out of the park, then I would I have no problem with non-Metal being incorporated once in a blue moon.

Again though this is something the community should decide.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Definitely.

That's kind of how I rationalized it, too. I mean, if the theme is "bloodcurdling viking death" then there aren't TOO many other albums out there that could fit that bill, but, you know, worth asking.

Metal, with the option of not if absolutely beyond necessary, sounds good, to me.

Saxo-Walrus

Last edited by fallenangel20 at Jun 19, 2012,
Quote by VampireGoldfish

ButtRayge

All I know of Buttrayge is an old memory of him having the buttballs to say "No shut up VG you are wrong." That takes a lot of cojones, and that much cojones is dangerous in the Your Move battle arena.

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

I agree with the none metal thing. If it's uplifting and ethereal as a theme, you might expect some ambient or Trance, but if it the theme is Bestial Death Metal it's unlikely your going to get hip hop suggested.

I suppose it's what's best fitting, and if the none metal album suggested doesn't fit, then it won't win.

Will there be a tally of points?

edit: Loving the write up, even if I'm not really from the East.
Quote by AnnihiSlateR

Will there be a tally of points?

Yes, I will be keeping track of wins/losses and there will be a fourth, third, second and Grand Champion award.

If this really gets rolling, Grand Champion will get a special gift from me.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Cassic metal onslaught. Prepare yourselves Warriors of Hesse, for there can only be one King of Hesse
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Yes, I will be keeping track of wins/losses and there will be a fourth, third, second and Grand Champion award.

If this really gets rolling, Grand Champion will get a special gift from me.

a hand crafted metal vampire goldfish?

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

I recall you having a 4g cone piece for your bong, VG...... ¬_¬

I bet it's not even compatible with mine anyway.

Saxo-Walrus

Me? Inhale marijuana? Never.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
I think this is something the community should decide.

As for my opinion on it I would prefer that players, to the best of their abilities, try to incorporate more Metal then anything else since this is the Metal forum. Now if a theme SCREAMS for a specific release that would just knock it out of the park, then I would I have no problem with non-Metal being incorporated once in a blue moon.

Again though this is something the community should decide.

I agree with the "to the best of your abilities". Cause mostly, metal will dominate, but if for some reason the theme is like, something that conjures either a murder-mystery or Cold War spy activities, der Bohren und der Club of Gore would be difficult to avoid.

Tenhi could probably find a way in too, knowing me.

Also, love the write-up. Found my entry quite flattering.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
I think I could put forward a few quality albums to knock out the competition, but to get there I'll have to write an awesome review. That might be my downfall.
I like how this game has its checks and balances.

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal