Page 3 of 19
#aNewChallengerApproaches

Not really a regular but I'll try and sneak in. Otherwise I'll wait and write a review.
Adding the next few players tomorrow morning. I will then be laying down a scheduling system so if you have any suggestion before I make a test run schedule, post them now.

Then once a beta scheduling system is made, I will choose our first two players by random and present our first theme.

From there I will select the new challenger from among the players and the champion will pick a new theme.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Scourge441

The avatar that endlessly toils.
The signature that never changes.
Scourge441, named so for the 441 men he has killed, comes from an older time in UG. A time where dads were Jewish, colorful swastikas were stylish, and when monuments to sorrow were erected. His wisdom and experience gives him a vast plethora of knowledge to pool from, but will new age UG simply dismiss him as a wrinkly balls old man?

Time will tell.

Born Headless

An absolute underdog, since my memory of you is limited to making a dick comment toward you, but in the Your Move arena being an underdog simply means it's easier to surprise your opponent with a dagger to the face.

Zero Substance

Don't you listen to hardcore or something?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
As far as scheduling goes I think three days would be perfect for the listening/voting period.

Example;

Today two players enter the arena, a theme will be declared, and tomorrow they offer up their albums of choice. Friday/saturday/sunday will then be used as the listening/voting period. Monday we declare the winner and set up the next match.

To me that seems simple, fast paced, and also gives enough time for people to set aside and listen.

Give me your feedback and we can get this going.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
^ That sounds perfecto to me.

Also how long should reviews be [just to be safe]? Like, a paragraph to a few paragraphs, or should/can they be longer/more in depth?
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
A paragraph of substance would be fine. Longer and more in depth would be fine

Not really worried about length, moreso I want to hear something more then "I liked it"
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Winner is the album that best exemplifies said theme, correct? Say album A is masterpiece that kinda fits the bill and album B is just average but perfectly sums up the theme , album B wins right? Or are we gonna have to cater to the reviewers?
Well you're rating the album as it fits to the theme, musically and aesthetically. So while it's all opinion base, I myself don't see a shitty album fitting a theme at all.

I wouldn't think too hard about it.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Ah why not

#NewChallengerApproaches
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Can your write up be

"Makes Skrewdriver look left wing"? :p

that would be acceptable
Quote by Steve08

Is it just people that are new approached challengers that review, or anyone?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by ctfod
Is it just people that are new approached challengers that review, or anyone?

the challengers who posted that hashtag... two are picked randomly to present the music... then everyone else explains that they have listened by writing a review...

Quote by VampireGoldfish
Anyways, if you would like to participate as a player, please make a post with

#aNewChallengerApproaches

in it.

Note that a player will be involved in matches, you do not need to sign up to cast your vote via review, you only need to show up and listen.

anyways... just look back and read the past few pages... its fairly simple.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Last edited by rg_metal at Jun 20, 2012,
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Scourge441, named so for the 441 men he has killed, comes from an older time in UG. A time where dads were Jewish, colorful swastikas were stylish, and when monuments to sorrow were erected.

Lawlz morbid_death and Spynal.
Quote by Scourge441
Lawlz morbid_death and Spynal.

I wonder if anyone else got it?

Riffmast

Winner of UG's prestigious "Prettiest Hair" award, Riffmast has one thing that sets him apart from rest of the Metal forum, one thing that no other user has nor could ever aspire to achieve.

Talent.

A cleric of chaos, a herald of plague bearing frequencies, a wayfarer of the dark avenues between stars and space, Riffmast has an undoubted amount of knowledge in the workings of music and a passion to match. I myself have found much in common with this apocalypse machinegun and look forward to what he brings to the table.

But one thing may hold him back..... A secret so shameful....

He is an art student
atleast that's what I remember him saying
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Jun 20, 2012,
So this is how we're going to do the first one and we'll see how it works. Keep in mind this is work in progress and is subject to change depending on how WE see fit.

Day 1
Players are selected
Theme is presented

Day 2
Albums are presented
Listening/voting process begins. You may present your review/vote whenever you wish between now and the final day.

Day 3/4 (Subject to change)
Listening days. This is when hopefully everyone is listening/reviewing/voting. I will be collecting votes and tallying it up.

Since we are all flaky shits, the schedule will be highly flexible to begin with. If enough people are on tonight, whose up for me presenting our first theme and our very first two players?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Sounds good to me,I garentee you that it will take longer to get everyone's votes/reviews in.Perhaps make it so peoples votes are voided if they cant get them in at a certain time.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by VampireGoldfish
I wonder if anyone else got it?

sigh... I did... which makes me feel old as fukk

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
So using an absolutely random process, our first two contestants to enter the Your Move battle arena have been chosen.

And boy, what a good one.

Our first ever match will be between two heavy weights....

VS

This match was chosen using an absolutely random process, I could not help but grin at the results. Grin like a mad stupid idiot.

This makes me happy.

Our very first theme will be chosen by me since we do not have a current Champion. And the theme for our VERY FIRST MATCH IN THE YOUR MOVE BATTLE ARENA WILL BE.......

Swords and Sorcery

A Metal staple. Dio slayed dragons in the 70's, heavy metal embellished itself with fantastical imagery since the 80's, and quality Metal revolving around this theme is still made to this day.

Gentleman, please present your album before tomorrow afternoon to provide adequate listening time.

Whose music will reign supreme?
Lets get it on.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Well Fvck.

Progedit - I have my album selected. Just tell me when I'm able to post it.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Last edited by progbass at Jun 21, 2012,
Ouch,this one is tough for me.

Actually never mind, I got it.
Quote by Steve08

Last edited by Riffmast at Jun 21, 2012,
This shit is gonna be ****ing awesome.

And also, I kind of got your joke, VG, but Spynal and morbid_death and my dad is jewish are all but hazy memories for me.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Post your choices when you are ready boys
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Posting now because I might be too busy tomorrow.

My friends, enemies, Magero, and everyone inbetween, allow me to whisk you away to a land of adventure, untold glory, and magnificent incantations to quell your thirst for greatness. I present to you ...

(Invalid img)

Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame.

Fear not what tomorrow brings dear brothers, for we have the wind at our backs, our swords on our belts, shields strapped to our arms, and mighty steeds underneath us to carry us to the unknown beyond our sight. Have no fear, and let us sate the desire for ultimate glory in Middle Earth!
HESSIAN HAREM
I still have Monuments to Sorrow's Ground 00 on my computer. I'm not sure if HMS's upload forum is still active but I think they had Devoured Seraphic Remains (although I seem to recall Spynal not finishing that because of various issues).

Kinda weird how fast the torture funeral doom style fell off the map. There were, like five bands that played the style and I don't think any of them are currently active.

As for the contest, it would seem I've had proggy's album on my computer for a while and have not listened to it yet. No better time than the present.
Last edited by Scourge441 at Jun 21, 2012,

Absu-The Third Storm Of Cythraul

Were Heavy Metal bands may be cheesier, the bombastic black/thrash attack presented of Absu's masterpiece seems far more real, swords clash with ferocious force and Proscriptor is Texas Metal's resident pretentious sorcerer, claiming to be a real user of dark magicks in an old American BM documentary. This is my offering to you, I'm sure all the tracks are on youtube.

http://insanidademortal.blogspot.ca/2008/03/absu.html

download or tracklist if needed
Quote by Steve08

You offer a strong Champion, Andychrist of Canada, but long have I awaited to reign supreme over one sp versed in the ways of Hesse. Your cold frosty metal will not save you from my arcane powers.

THIS IS MY HOUR
DO YOU NOT KNOW DEATH WHEN YOU SEE IT?
DIE NOW
HESSIAN HAREM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFeBPRnq3Yc

You're welcome

EDIT: I'll re listen and post a review tomorrow, the link is not my choice, it is just to help.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Last edited by Crazed Shredder at Jun 21, 2012,
Quote by progbass
You offer a strong Champion, Andychrist of Canada, but long have I awaited to reign supreme over one sp versed in the ways of Hesse. Your cold frosty metal will not save you from my arcane powers.

THIS IS MY HOUR
DO YOU NOT KNOW DEATH WHEN YOU SEE IT?
DIE NOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVT8nkj9lIc

My champion speaks. I will say, the cold swords of the Celtic God's will strike your Tolkien fantasy down with no remorse.To the winner the fair maiden's, and all the glory of the land of UG.
Quote by Steve08

The challenge has been issued and the gauntlet thrown. Let our battle be one remembered for ages to come. Prepare yourself.
HESSIAN HAREM