Page 101 of 124
Sacked on account of the fact Rooney was being a moany little bastard ffs

They said disapppointed with the league position because I was in 8th. I would have agreed, if I wasn't three points off 2nd two off 3rd/4th ;_;.

First time I've been sacked in FM. Took me a while but I figured out a couple of tactics which work okay, shame it at was at the end of my tenure . My 5212 tactic doesn't really seem to cut it in this game.
Going for an Accrington save. They are predicted to finish bottom of league two, so this is the monster save for the year.

edit: First time speaking to the team, told them I wanted to stay up and half the squad said they think I'm overstating our ability and reacted negatively. What have I got myself into ;_;.
Last edited by Shabalaba at Nov 13, 2014,
On all the other games so far if anyone bitches or moans about not playing/me fining them etc I just drop them to the u18s/u19s and tell them to **** off.

Have a feeling that won't work if I buy this one
So far I think flat lines work best. 4-4-2 primarily, but 4-5-1 works too. Have yet to try my wonderful FM10 4-3-3 though, don't have the players for it at Aberdeen
Fair enough. My shitty AC Milan team hated it (but then they hated everything (only managed them in beta))
Complete wing backs, enganche, false nine and advanced forward. 70 goals between Sterling, Balo and Sturridge
Pretty dece in fairness.

Set my formations as 442/4132/433. Mainly the first two, but I'm going to eventually shift onto 433.

& no digman, squad harmony is really quite hard to control . If you do that (especially to big name players) they get really pissy.
Speak for yourselves, my squad harmony confidence bar is constantly filled
David Trezeguet 2 in 2 so far just rejected a bid for Ryan Jack, he complained but the squad backed down after they confronted me. Laying down the law
Mines usually alright too, it's usually the only full bar . I meant more like if someone complains and has people backing him, they sulk for ages.
Beat Rangers 4-0 on the opening day of season two Gary Oliver with a debut goal. Sadly lost 3-1 at home in the first leg of my Europa League qualifier against some shite Portuguese team
Yeah i won 5-1 on the opening day

I've since lost two & drawn one, but I wasn't expected to win either of the losses and I absolutely paggered the other team in the draw. I think I'll be fine this year.
I've pretty much fixed the squad harmony issue here, unfortunately it requires tons of tedious responding to bitching players. Thankfully most of them seem to accept what I say.

Anyway in my game stuff has happened. After leaving Leeds 90 days into the job, I racked up at Crystal Palace, where I wasn't expected to do anything. I ended up staying up somewhat comfortably and won the League Cup and made the FA Cup semi finals so what was nice. At the end of the season City sacked their manager, I put in an application for the hell of it (I was actually going to go for the Man Utd job as Van Gaal retired).

Low & behold, City actually offered me the job after an interview. Because that's how real life works.
90 days at Leeds? That's actually pretty good.

Also, dunno if I said it before, but when Hernandez came back from Real Madrid I offered him out for clubs to buy. I got one offer, for a season loan.

From league one's Sheffield United.

I accepted.
Quote by Trowzaa
Complete wing backs, enganche, false nine and advanced forward. 70 goals between Sterling, Balo and Sturridge

what's the formation? I was using a narrow diamond with Hearts and it wasn't that effective.

I posted it in here near the start of the season, you can swap the DLP DM for an anchor man or something if you're getting battered with counter attacks
Half of my first choice XI out injured long-term then this happened

just wish they'd turn up for the diddy games as well sigh

edit: also Rangers are rock bottom after 7 games and getting routinely btfo. They haven't scored yet (let in 15), and their only point came at home to Celtic
Last edited by raoooos at Nov 14, 2014,
I've been flying through seasons on FM so rather than boring you with the details, I will just post my managerial history.

It's been an interesting save.
Quote by Cadj
I've been flying through seasons on FM so rather than boring you with the details, I will just post my managerial history.

It's been an interesting save.

do you eat or sleep?
I do.

I've been playing the game in the background of watching stuff, and I'm in one of those FM moods which explains how I've gotten through seasons so fast.
How many hours have you played the game? Genuine question, because I honestly don't get how you've gone so fast

Also how many of those are sackings and how many are you leaving?
Quote by Shabalaba
How many hours have you played the game? Genuine question, because I honestly don't get how you've gone so fast

My game save says 31 hours but I do tend to leave the game up in the background a lot so I'd say more realistically this save has been about...23 or so hours.

I've been playing it a lot this week, it's been my background thing to do while watching shit. Plus I pay almost no attention to the actual matches themselves which probably doesn't hurt running through seasons.

Quote by Shabalaba
Also how many of those are sackings and how many are you leaving?

Sacked by Burnley.
Resigned from Leeds to take over at Palace.
Resigned from Palace to take over at City.
Resigned from City.
Resigned from France.
Sacked by Zaragoza.
Do you normally do saves like that? I figured most people start a new save when they fancied a change of scenery.
I don't do saves like that often enough. It's basically what I intend my current save to end up like.
I do them every so often. Since they let you add leagues into saves while you're playing sometimes I just like continuing one particular save to pretty much see what happens.

It can be fun, especially if the world goes nuts which sadly so far it hasn't on mine yet, but all the fancy new regens are still coming through so that's fun.
Tempted to start an unemployed save and see wagwan

Have Germany fallen down the co-efficient ranking on yours? My brother's in 2018 and they've gone down to 2 CL places and 4 Europa
Quote by Trowzaa
Tempted to start an unemployed save and see wagwan

Have Germany fallen down the co-efficient ranking on yours? My brother's in 2018 and they've gone down to 2 CL places and 4 Europa

Tbf Italy have lost CL places, as have Holland, so it's perfectly possible that it'd happpen to Germany eventually. If Bayern just carried on their dominance and made the other teams weaker and they had a few bad years, while another league below them (such as Italy) did very well then it'd happen
My brother reckons it's cos Germany don't have the actual national team so they do shit, they didn't even qualify for the Euros. But national form doesn't affect europe places does it?
Germany are just behind England in the co-efficient on mine so they have 7 spots, 4 in the CL here.
Quote by Trowzaa
My brother reckons it's cos Germany don't have the actual national team so they do shit, they didn't even qualify for the Euros. But national form doesn't affect europe places does it?

Don't think it has any impact

It'd have happened in all the other games otherwise and SI would be aware of the issue.

Have a look at how the teams have done in the CL/Europa over the past few seasons, that should give some indication.
Quote by Trowzaa

Also the national team always does fine because although the players have fake names they all correspond to a real player (it's generally pretty easy to match them up).
Annoyingly, when I fixed the national team it didn't sort the German club names. So Schalke are called Gelsenkirchen which is absolutely disgusting. Might actually not be able to fix that once the save has started.
Quote by raoooos
Annoyingly, when I fixed the national team it didn't sort the German club names. So Schalke are called Gelsenkirchen which is absolutely disgusting. Might actually not be able to fix that once the save has started.

Yeah that change wont work until you start a new game.

I went full on and even got the proper league names in. I really should download all of my logos again but I can't be arsed copying over 6gb+ of files over
I have the proper league names, but not the logos. I do have the super ultra massive facepack though doesn't actually slow the game down too much (apart from saving the game which literally takes 2 minutes)
Just realised that you can't take a national team job unless you've loaded the league. That is absolute shit and I don't know why they changed it.

[either that or you can no longer manage club and country at the same time, and i don't like that either ]

edit: also Hearts can **** off and die, I have no idea how to beat them
Last edited by raoooos at Nov 15, 2014,