Page 102 of 124
Saving already takes ages for me, dunno why.

I have no idea what you're all going on about with club names and players being wrong, afaik mines completely fine. I always load the 7/8 biggest leagues though because my computer can handle it.
Nah, like the leagues and the badges. German league is all wrong though. They're all city names instead of the club names.
Oh I see. You mean like on PES where you had like Manchester reds or some shit? .

Might download an icon & naming pack, do you guys tend to?
Quote by Shabalaba
Oh I see. You mean like on PES where you had like Manchester reds or some shit? .

Pretty much, a few German teams (most notably Schalke) have an alternate name.

Quote by Shabalaba
Might download an icon & naming pack, do you guys tend to?

Yep. I download this every year - http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/13068/fm2015-real-names-and-german-national-team-fix-file-beta-version-for-fm15-beta02032014

Graphics I just download when I'm bored of the game looking the same, it's all cosmetic.

I can also confirm brutal saving times, at least 2, maybe 3 minutes on my game.
Yeah, I've done it every year. Just feels better playing in the Champions League than the EURO Champions Cup. All about dat realism.

^ They all alternate names, it's the names of their cities. Just some teams are actually named after their city so you can't really tell.

I usually tab out when it's saving anyway so no problems there.

That website's telling me to give them money, how do I not give them money?

Ah, free mirrors thing, yeah?
Last edited by Trowzaa at Nov 16, 2014,
Yeah free mirrors. I hate that they started to go all wonky and try and make people pay to download things a few years ago. They used to be the premier site until then.
how much does a hamstring tear **** up a youngster? two of my 2015 summer targets for PSG [Pogba and the really good 18 year old serbian winger on Partizan] both tore their's and are out for 3-4 months. does it kill their pace?
Short term it will but they'll recover it after being back for a few months
Got to January and am only a few points off top, aiming for an automatic promtion spot (2nd & 3rd). Not bad considering my squad is full of idiots who are barely conference players and they didn't expect to stay up. I would probably be in the relegation spots if my strikers weren't banging them in. Both are nearly a goal-to-game sort of ratio, but my defence is properly ******ed and concedes so many goals.

Out of all cups, but that works in my favour because I've got zero depth. I'm hoping I go up this year on the basis that I'll be able to loan some decent youngsters and attact some moderately better free players. Is it me or do they not say what someones potential level is anymore? They seem to very sporatically have it, that and their current level. Really quite annoying when you're trying to judge what players to get in at lower levels, because 5* means fantastic league one player and above...
Last edited by Shabalaba at Nov 16, 2014,
this is the final of the Champion's League

he made it

I wouldn't be able to handle myself if that was real life
Quote by Trowzaa
Don't leave us hanging, did he do it?

I put a spoiler within the spoiler to build even more drama, but yes he did.

my whole mission on this save is to be the most accomplished manager of all times but at this rate it would take forever. through one season I have 529 points [league cup, ligue 1, CL and the french community shield] compared to Fergie's 5016.
Last edited by genghisgandhi at Nov 16, 2014,
Oh, I missed the spoiler within the spoiler

I think I wanna start a game as a foreign team but I don't know who. I was thinking like Betis or something. A proper challenge.
That's my rule anyway I haven't done that since like Champ Manager 2010 or something. After doing the classic "new manager at Chelsea, buy your shittest player for full transfer fund".
After January my team finally hit the wall and dropped to closer to midtable. 13 games to go so I could still get into play-offs and whatnot, but we're playing so shit at the minute I'm not banking on it. I was way up the table because my strikers loved scoring, but once they stopped scoring and went back to being morons I plummeted because my defence was still terrible.

Going to finish the season and do my summer transfer business before the end of tonight. 48 league games is a ball ache.
Stopped my Aberdeen save for now because I was conceding so many cheap goals I wanted to fine everyone. Gone back to my AC Milan save (after I got sacked by Villa). Extremely pleased to find out that 4-3-3 (3 CMs + 3 STs) now works again bought Sebastian Giovinco for a measly £1.5m in January which is helping. Trying to work my way up the table after my shaky start/Inzaghi being a dick. He sold Abate for £3.3m, what a scrub.
Pretty depressing going into every game knowing I'm going to be beat .

Doesn't matter if I change formation, change tactics, or change personnel, I still get beat. I'm not getting relegated, so at this point I wish there was a skip to end of season button
I can never understand how people do an entire season in a day. It just gets tedious as **** towards the end.

But fo realz. Who shall I be in my foreign save? Like a 2nd division team or something. I'm leaning towards Real Betis if no one has any ideas.
Dunno. I picked Accrington on the basis that they were expected to finish bottom of league two. If I get them into the prem I'm very happy with that .

Otherwise, I'd usually pick someone whos not crippled with debt and has the best training ground/ youth setup combo. So do that .

& I'm currently just finishing this season off because it's going to be tedious no matter when I play it, so I'd rather get it out the way.
Last edited by Shabalaba at Nov 16, 2014,
Quote by Trowzaa
I can never understand how people do an entire season in a day. It just gets tedious as **** towards the end.

But fo realz. Who shall I be in my foreign save? Like a 2nd division team or something. I'm leaning towards Real Betis if no one has any ideas.

managing in brazil is really fun

http://anu.co.uk/brazil/

use this for your manager name. the best save I ever had started with me at Santos for like 4 seasons
I would also like to state again for the record that I absolutely hate how many long-range goals there are in this game, and my team scoring them as well doesn't change that.
Quote by Shredx
Just started a 14 y/o RB against Barca...

I've had a 17 year old as my first-choice left -wingback for Inter for a season now

He's been one of the better players in my team, scored a couple and got quite a few assists. He's meant to be a RB naturallly too so LWB is completely putting him in a weird place.
A 19 year old is my 3rd top scorer.

because Raheem Sterling
Building good squads on FIFA is so easy. I sold Cazorla, Wilshere and Gervinho and managed to replace them with Ozil, Fabregas and Sanchez. In the space of two windows. So it's January 2013 and my best XI is:

Podolski
Sanchez - Ozil - Walcott
Lars Bender - Fabregas
Gibbs - Vermaelen - Koscielny - Sagna
Szczesny

If only it was that easy on FM
Quote by Trowzaa

Stromsgodset obviously to abuse the Odegaard and probably the other overly inflated players/regions they'll get thanks to it.
I don't have to download anything for Odegaard do I? He'll just be in the latest database?
Alright, yeah, got it. And now I'm lurking SIGames' Steam Profile. Only 360 hours in FM2014, amateurs.
Having a little go with Stromsgodset myself to just see what they have to offer with regens and stuff after a year.

Plus I want to see how good Odegaard is and if he leaves easily.
He'll definitely leave easily. But you should be able to get a fair amount for him.
Quote by raoooos
I would also like to state again for the record that I absolutely hate how many long-range goals there are in this game, and my team scoring them as well doesn't change that.

Its bullshit isn't it? It's more annoying because even when you defend solidly, someone 30+ yards out just blags a goal and there's nothing you can do about it. I might layer my midfield with long shot hero's and tell them to shoot all the time.
He also broke his own youngest ever goal scorer record in my 2nd match.

He's that good.
been a real cull the wheat from the chaff summer in Paris

my depth is absolutely ridiculous. still have enough that I might be able to flip Cabaye or Veratti into Pogba