Quote by Shabalaba

Januzaj is great in a few seasons time.

I'm worried he won't get many minutes with me since Erikson is too good to bench. at least there are a lot of scrub teams in france
Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm worried he won't get many minutes with me since Erikson is too good to bench. at least there are a lot of scrub teams in france

On 2014 I played Mata ahead of him for years. Until he got to 3.5 stars he wasn't starting for me, but once he gets there he was getting progressively more goals and assists and I couldn't really bench him .
welp, Erikson out for 7-9 months after a CR7 tackle in an international. looks like Adnan's time to shine.

this would have been a prime save-scrumming opportunity in my past
Whats save scrumming?

Feeling good for this season. Currently winning the opening game of the season 2-0. Massively improved the squad over the summer with some sweet free transfers, would be massively disappointed to finish below third. It took me a while but i finally figured out the free transfer market and how to find decent players.
I said that and then in the first two games all four of my strikers get injured ffs

Just found a decent free striker though, so if I manage to get him then alls good.
Save-scumming=abusing your saves

something bad happens, reload previous save
I give up on my accrington save, at least for now. I hate playing it, and can't be arsed with this initial thing of bedding in my signings and losing every game. I'm going into every game expecting to lose, and I've tried as much as possible to get better results but I'm getting no where. It started great (in the first season), but after christmas it didn't matter what I did I just couldn't string together two wins. Started the new season with a win and a much better team, but they haven't gelled in the slightest and are playing terribly. I wouldn't mind but it's the better players (4.5 stars) who are playing the worst because they are new. I'm thinking a season of bedding them in and finishing midtable is seemingly necessary, but I just cba. I thought I'd actually make some progress rather than lingering around midtable again .

I'll come back to it some other time, at the minute I'm done with it though .
Manchester United
second season at PSG, won everything I possibly could have [which you'll remember included a Club World Championship] except the League Cup. tryna manager France in the Olympics as well.
Going to pick a championship squad with decent training / youth facilities and use them in my next save. Not keen on a mega challenge
Manchester United
Quote by BelowTheSun
There's no better youth system outside of the premier league than Ipswich Town

Crewe?
never manage a team in the olympics, especially when you already have a club. it's confusing as hell
Getting some wierd error message, when I try and load FM2013...can't play it, my life is over.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
My brother keeps save scumming. I keep seeing

[My brother's] games are now available for you to play!

[My brother] is now playing Football Manager 2015

lol
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

so after two consecutive CL titles, my PSG side crashed out in the quarter finals and came in second in the league. I've learned my lesson about vacationing through a third of my league matches
I miss all my regens on my FM that's just broke.

I better get Fm15 for xmas haha
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Trowzaa
My brother keeps save scumming. I keep seeing

lol

Is he dumb? Can't he just load the save?
Quote by raoooos
Is he dumb? Can't he just load the save?

Yes

I've not played FM in months. My brother is always using my account to play other shit.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I really, really dislike the new game. The match engine is absolutely ******ed. Regret buying it and won't buy the next one (until i get lured in by the new features)

As a result I've gone back to FM13 recently.
I'm too poor for the new one anyway. #FM2k144lyfe

S A D B O Y S
I cba with the new one so far, I like 2k14, it's working fine and I don't want to spend on the new one.

Plus exams = no time for FM
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
They just released a patch for the new one which will hopefully improve it. In the meantime I've been playing my FM14 Soviet save, my Pyunik Yerevan team in the third tier featuring Fabio and Gary Caldwell. Sensational.
Gary Caldwell. The definition of a transfer coup.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by raoooos
They just released a patch for the new one which will hopefully improve it. In the meantime I've been playing my FM14 Soviet save, my Pyunik Yerevan team in the third tier featuring Fabio and Gary Caldwell. Sensational.

Had a quick look at the log and no mention of ridiculous long shots is a tad upsetting.

4-4-2 with LAM/RAM is doing me wonders at the minute. Scoring for fun and really solid defensively. Had a varied amount of success when switching to 4-2-3-1. I sat there for a good while at the start of this save and put some thought into player roles/ team instructions because I was having very mixed success in all my saves, but I've struck on something that works now. Rooney/RVP/Falcao all have more goals than games played so far, and the wingers are getting tons of assists so s'all good.

I don't really understand the star ratings though, I've got players who are apparently "Leading Player for the PL" but are 2.5 stars. Poor Smalling is playing his little heart out (like 7.5 form for as long as I can remember) but he's only got two stars.
Manchester United
Quote by I.O.T.M
Gary Caldwell. The definition of a transfer coup.

He fired a free-kick into the top corner from 25 yards in one game

Quote by Shabalaba
I don't really understand the star ratings though, I've got players who are apparently "Leading Player for the PL" but are 2.5 stars. Poor Smalling is playing his little heart out (like 7.5 form for as long as I can remember) but he's only got two stars.

It's always been like that. Once had a lad at Arsenal called RICHARD BACON, had decent defensive stats (15-16 for all the crucial CB stats and physical stats apart from agility and pace) and everything else was average. Basically he was no-nonsense. Anyway he was 1.5 star current and 2 star potential but would constantly get ratings over 8.0. He even scored in the Champions League final for me

I loved him like my own son
On the last game, RVP had his best ever season like three seasons in at like 2 stars ability. He bagged an absolutely ridiculous amount of goals and won the ballon d'or too .

Everyone also went down half a star at the exact same time at about January. Same rating "Leading/good/decent PL player" but went down half a star for both ability and potential. It's basically an entirely useless measure of player ability/potential. I wish they would just put a number on it instead. Any of these websites which tell you the wonderkids have numbers associated with how good they get so it's definitely in the game files.
Manchester United
Last edited by Shabalaba at Dec 13, 2014,
Quote by Shabalaba
On the last game, RVP had his best ever season like three seasons in at like 2 stars ability. He bagged an absolutely ridiculous amount of goals and won the ballon d'or too .

Everyone also went down half a star at the exact same time at about January. Same rating "Leading/good/decent PL player" but went down half a star for both ability and potential. It's basically an entirely useless measure of player ability/potential. I wish they would just put a number on it instead. Any of these websites which tell you the wonderkids have numbers associated with how good they get so it's definitely in the game files.

it depends on how good your side is. like obviously a 4 star GK for Luton isn't gonna be 4 stars with City. I think it works pretty well if you have a good assman
Quote by genghisgandhi
I think it works pretty well if you have a good assman

Excuse me?

With my 2013 still down (I miss my regens), and 2006 not compatable with my laptop (love those regens more!) I attempted at playing 09. Jesus 09 was not a good year for FM.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by digman50
Excuse me?

assistant. I know I've seen that used here. I'm pretty sure I've seen in on BBC even
I don't think I've ever seen them referred to as assmen

I've seen ass manager but I can't say I've heard ass man.

Definitely gonna use it now though.

Unless you're doing an impression of Mr Ass era Billy Gunn.

Decided against getting the new game. Going to download a transfer update for '14 and go from there.

Edit: Started a new game as Chelsea. My scouts are recommending De Gea, Blaszczykowski and Farfan.

Apparently Cech, Courtois, Schurrle, Hazard, Oscar, Willian and Salah aren't good enough.

Edit2: Sold Ramires to PSG for £34m, went to buy Khedira as a replacement for £9m until PSG sniped him from me.

S A D B O Y S
Last edited by I.O.T.M at Dec 13, 2014,
I'm gonna get sacked in October lel

S A D B O Y S
Trying FM15 again using a tactic stolen from some dude online (4-2-3-1, max tempo, max pressing, direct passing, high defensive line, sweeper keeper. Working pretty well so far, 3 wins and a draw including a 6-0 demolition of Rangers and a David Trezeguet hat-trick)

Anyway i'm only really posting because I noticed that Guangzhou Evergrande bought Kolo Toure (away to turn 35) for a fee of £5k and are paying him

£170,000 per week
Jorge Jesus is trying to steal my job. #VoteUKIP

Joke's on him though, the game he attended was a brave 3-2 win for my lads at the Etihad.

S A D B O Y S