Page 4 of 124
Just taken the job at Helmond Sport in Holland, I've only just realised how insane the league rules are.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
Quote by genghisgandhi
Two questions

1. How do you learn a new language? Let's say I want to coach in Brazil, do I need to know Portuguese?

(please don't laugh at this next one)

2. How do you qualify for the tournament where you play teams from all over Europe?

1: It's not necessary and there's no way for a manager to learn a new language.

2: You mean Champions league? You have to play in a European league, if you win it or place yourself high enough to get a spot you can qualify for it.

Top 4 in Spain and England and Germany, top 3 in Serie A etc.

Just won my third CL in a row with Barcelona.

Sporting my new CB Izaola, 18 years old. Him, Puyol, Hummels and Piqué as my 4 CB's. He's averaging like 7,70 over 40 games or so.

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jul 29, 2012,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
1: It's not necessary and you don't need it.

Then what's the point? The press always rides my dick about how people I sign don't speak English and it never seems to be a problem.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
2: You mean Champions league? You have to play in a European league, if you win it or place yourself high enough to get a spot you can qualify for it.

Alright thanks.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Then what's the point? The press always rides my dick about how people I sign don't speak English and it never seems to be a problem.

Alright thanks.

For the players it might affect them communicating with the rest of the team. For you it doesn't matter really because you're not interacting in the game the same way the players are. I think.

It's more of a silliness in the game really, one of those things that would be of importance irl for a manager but not so much for one playing a game.

Don't bother about it.
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jul 29, 2012,
You learn new languages really quickly if you take a job in a foreign country/managing a foreign country. It doesn't matter beyond 1 question in your first press conference. Players learn new languages at different speeds, it probably has some sort of effect but it's not that noticeable at all.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
1: It's not necessary and there's no way for a manager to learn a new language.

Just won my third CL in a row with Barcelona.

Sporting my new CB Izaola, 18 years old. Him, Puyol, Hummels and Piqué as my 4 CB's. He's averaging like 7,70 over 40 games or so.

I might not have understood this correctly, but managing in a country with a language you don't speak, you will learn that language. After managing Brazil for a year, I'd learned basic Portuguese. Sorry, if that's not what you meant.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
Quote by durhamdynamo
I might not have understood this correctly, but managing in a country with a language you don't speak, you will learn that language. After managing Brazil for a year, I'd learned basic Portuguese. Sorry, if that's not what you meant.

Oh. Maybe it is then. I thought that detail wasn't even added for managers. it makes no difference whatsoever in the game though.

The language thingy for players however affects their way of communicating with others I think. Maybe not a lot but a little.
FM11 on psp is well shit. WHY ISN'T OMAR ABDULRAHMAN ON THE ****ING GAME?!
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
In FM10 I've just moved into a stadium named after me yeah boiii. 2027 will be a good year in my life.

Quote by padgea7x
FM11 on psp is well shit. WHY ISN'T OMAR ABDULRAHMAN ON THE ****ING GAME?!

I was going to make him my avatar after the UAE's first game, and in searching for a suitable picture I stumbled across a screenshot of him in FM12. He actually turns out pretty good. Whoever made the game obviously did their homework. Maybe it's time I bought FM12 so I can build a team around him.
Quote by raoooos
In FM10 I've just moved into a stadium named after me yeah boiii. 2027 will be a good year in my life.

I was going to make him my avatar after the UAE's first game, and in searching for a suitable picture I stumbled across a screenshot of him in FM12. He actually turns out pretty good. Whoever made the game obviously did their homework. Maybe it's time I bought FM12 so I can build a team around him.

Just buy the entire UAE team except for the defence. You'll win everything for 15 years
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by raoooos
Was it Jordan Spence? I think he plays for West Ham.

Yes, yes it was. Well done sir.

Quote by genghisgandhi
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5285/2012073000001.jpg

What does the yellow square by Guy Demel's name mean?

I don't have FM12 but I'm assuming it means he's one yellow card away from an automatic suspension.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

It means you have a note stored on him. Go to your Manager Profile ---> Overview ---> Notebook. Should be something there.
Playing as Cagliari now. After half the season I'm still unbeaten in my first season.

Leading the league with 9ps down to Milan.

I like my central line of Astori, Naingolan, Ekdal, Verratti (bought during winter window, Cossu and Nené.)

Just at the start of the 2nd season with Wigan, not sure whether to buy/loan another striker or not. Kept Di Santo and Boselli, and brought in Owen (cheap wages) and got Borini on loan. Would've been happy with that, but Boselli's broke his leg in pre-season, and he's out for 6 months.

So I'm not sure whether to take a risk with 3 strikers (of which 2 have dubious injury/suspension records) or sign another striker. Ideas?

EDIT: I should also say I have Moses and Puncheon who are 'competent' as a striker, if required.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
Quote by durhamdynamo
Just at the start of the 2nd season with Wigan, not sure whether to buy/loan another striker or not. Kept Di Santo and Boselli, and brought in Owen (cheap wages) and got Borini on loan. Would've been happy with that, but Boselli's broke his leg in pre-season, and he's out for 6 months.

So I'm not sure whether to take a risk with 3 strikers (of which 2 have dubious injury/suspension records) or sign another striker. Ideas?

Check out Jelle Vossen or loan Welbeck.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Check out Jelle Vossen or loan Welbeck.

Welbeck's already at FC Twente on loa-F*** SAKE. Next pre-season match, Owen out for a month, Etuhu out for a month and a half. Looks like a striker will be necessary.

Genk want £18m for Vossen. No thank you.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
Quote by durhamdynamo
Welbeck's already at FC Twente on loa-F*** SAKE. Next pre-season match, Owen out for a month, Etuhu out for a month and a half. Looks like a striker will be necessary.

Genk want £18m for Vossen. No thank you.

I got Vossen for like 5 first season to Dortmund.

Check out Palaschio in Chievo.

How much money you got to spend?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I got Vossen for like 5 first season to Dortmund.

Check out Palaschio in Chievo.

How much money you got to spend?

Got all of my £15m budget left, but only 30k left in the wage budget. I could move some money over, but it's Wigan's reputation that either stops you signing good players, or they want extortionate amounts of money to play for a club that size.

How's Veratti doing for you? I hear he's a beast.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
Quote by durhamdynamo
Got all of my £15m budget left, but only 30k left in the wage budget. I could move some money over, but it's Wigan's reputation that either stops you signing good players, or they want extortionate amounts of money to play for a club that size.

How's Veratti doing for you? I hear he's a beast.

I've only played like 3 games for him so far in Cagliari. He's still young.

And I'm in a rather unfunny streak of games atm.

Inter away
Udinese away
Juve home
Roma away
Milan home

I think.

But he's gonna get his fair share of the action.

He usually turns out amazing.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I've only played like 3 games for him so far in Cagliari. He's still young.

And I'm in a rather unfunny streak of games atm.

Inter away
Udinese away
Juve home
Roma away
Milan home

I think.

But he's gonna get his fair share of the action.

He usually turns out amazing.

Ouch. Good look keeping that unbeaten run going.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
Quote by durhamdynamo
Ouch. Good look keeping that unbeaten run going.

Won't happen. My goal is top 8 or something. Media prediction is 11. I'm aiming for European cups. So top 7 I guess. And that's something I should be able to manage be the looks of it. And if I drop out of top 7 now I'm a terrible manager.

After 18 games I'm 1 with 9ps to go.

The second part of the season is gonna be worse. A lot more tough games away this time around.
Dear god. 2 days before the first game of the season, Castro and Lequi get injured. Then during the game, Eduardo Salvio (new striker) gets injured, and Ronnie Stam breaks his leg. Balls. Balls. Balls.

Still won 1-0 though.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
Quote by durhamdynamo
Dear god. 2 days before the first game of the season, Castro and Lequi get injured. Then during the game, Eduardo Salvio (new striker) gets injured, and Ronnie Stam breaks his leg. Balls. Balls. Balls.

Still won 1-0 though.

Yeah, FM really ****s with your mind.

I'm having the classic "x scores his first goal of the season"-thingy happening every time someone scores on me.

Can be in the 37th game of the season. They are still banging in their first goals against me. Every season.

Must be 25-30 players who all score their first and only goal against me every ****ing season.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Yeah, FM really ****s with your mind.

I'm having the classic "x scores his first goal of the season"-thingy happening every time someone scores on me.

Can be in the 37th game of the season. They are still banging in their first goals against me. Every season.

Must be 25-30 players who all score their first and only goal against me every ****ing season.

Feeling proud here. Only happened once so far this season! Despite conceding 87 goals last season, and only winning 3 games up until March, I've picked up 10 points from my first 4 games this year, only conceding once. Jason Puncheon, of all people is tearing defences apart.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
I don't even want to continue to FM now lol because I know I will start to lose like 5 in a row.

I'd rather keep it the way it is. 18 games, 13 wins and 5 draws.

>_>
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I don't even want to continue to FM now lol because I know I will start to lose like 5 in a row.

I'd rather keep it the way it is. 18 games, 13 wins and 5 draws.

>_>

Since my last post, I haven't won a game. Drawn 2, lost 5. Still 10th though, thankfully.

Just take a screenshot of the league table 18 games in, set it as your background, and enjoy your greatest success (to date).
________ A
________C
________E
________!
Quote by durhamdynamo
Since my last post, I haven't won a game. Drawn 2, lost 5. Still 10th though, thankfully.

Just take a screenshot of the league table 18 games in, set it as your background, and enjoy your greatest success (to date).

Ouuch.

What's your goal for the season?

2 more games played.

0-0 away against Inter and 2-0 win away against Udinese. (Verratti 1 goal on penalty and 1 assist. His first two points.)

Juve home now and then the tight schedule is over.

Going far too good at the moment really.

lol Astori is just sick.

5 goals via corner in 2 games. Don't know if it's a corner bug or just decent settings but I've scored like 15 goals on corner in 22 games.

2-2 away against Napoli, Astori two new corner goals. >_>

Just when I thought I was going straight into a spiraling form downwards into the abyss I managed to pick up an away win against Milan!

Astori with a header via a free kick.

Still first in Serie A.

Won the Serie A now. With 3 games left of the league.

lol

Here's my possible formation this season

Agazzi
Zaccardo (new) Astori Canini Agostini
Naingolan
Verratti Ekdal

Thiago Riberio Giovani dos Santos (New)
Paloschi (new)

Bench:
Nene
Johnnier Montano (new)
Pisano
Ariaudnio
Conti
Cossu
Mendy (new)
Larsen
Ceppelini
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Aug 8, 2012,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Ouuch.

What's your goal for the season?

2 more games played.

0-0 away against Inter and 2-0 win away against Udinese. (Verratti 1 goal on penalty and 1 assist. His first two points.)

Juve home now and then the tight schedule is over.

Going far too good at the moment really.

lol Astori is just sick.

5 goals via corner in 2 games. Don't know if it's a corner bug or just decent settings but I've scored like 15 goals on corner in 22 games.

2-2 away against Napoli, Astori two new corner goals. >_>

Just when I thought I was going straight into a spiraling form downwards into the abyss I managed to pick up an away win against Milan!

Astori with a header via a free kick.

Still first in Serie A.

Won the Serie A now. With 3 games left of the league.

lol

Here's my possible formation this season

Agazzi
Zaccardo (new) Astori Canini Agostini
Naingolan
Verratti Ekdal

Thiago Riberio Giovani dos Santos (New)
Paloschi (new)

Bench:
Nene
Johnnier Montano (new)
Pisano
Ariaudnio
Conti
Cossu
Mendy (new)
Larsen
Ceppelini

That's a damn good team. Congratulations!

Goal was to avoid relegation. Ending up having a good season, finished 12th. 15 points clear of relegation in the end, got to the FA Cup final too, although I lost 1-0 to Chelsea.

Couldn't get either Salvio or Borini full time either, released Di Santo and Owen, so I'm short on strikers atm. Got Christian Stuani in on a free, but probably need another 2/3 strikers at least.

My midfield of Diego Castro, Andreas Ivanschitz, James McCarthy and Chris McCann might also lack the 'x factor' yours has.

Damn Celtic. Negotiating to sign Johnny Russell, I offer 2.5m. They ask for 5m, reply with 3m. They ask for 4m, I reply with 3.3m, they with 3.8m. So I offer 3.5m, thinking it would be accepted, now they want 7m.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
Last edited by durhamdynamo at Aug 8, 2012,
Spent 10 in-game days negotiating a price for Borini, eventually having an offer accepted, he doesn't want to talk to me.

Even though a week before he said he'd be open to joining.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
Quote by durhamdynamo
Damn Celtic. Negotiating to sign Johnny Russell, I offer 2.5m. They ask for 5m, reply with 3m. They ask for 4m, I reply with 3.3m, they with 3.8m. So I offer 3.5m, thinking it would be accepted, now they want 7m.

That's really annoying. Not as annoying as when a club accepts a bid for a player from their arch rival, so you match the bid and they decide you have to pay double -_- come on.
Quote by durhamdynamo
That's a damn good team. Congratulations!

Goal was to avoid relegation. Ending up having a good season, finished 12th. 15 points clear of relegation in the end, got to the FA Cup final too, although I lost 1-0 to Chelsea.

Couldn't get either Salvio or Borini full time either, released Di Santo and Owen, so I'm short on strikers atm. Got Christian Stuani in on a free, but probably need another 2/3 strikers at least.

My midfield of Diego Castro, Andreas Ivanschitz, James McCarthy and Chris McCann might also lack the 'x factor' yours has.

Not a too shabby season really. With some decent signings you can easily compete for a spot for the Europe cups.

Tbh my goal is to come top 4 this season. I think it was a bit of a fluke season that I managed to win, only 2 lost games the entire season.

I think it might be tougher now, so topp 4 or is it top 3 for the CL is my goal really.
Having grown bored of FM I've decided to adopt a new gaming style. Instead of trying to do well and improve a club, I'm going to deliberately make awful decisions and basically spiral the club into poor performance, debt and all sorts of other fun stuff like that.

Has anyone ever attempted anything like this before?
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!