Page 78 of 124
Aberdeen have some proper youth prospects in this game Cammy Smith, Fraser Duncan and probably Ryan Jack as well.
Southampton want £34m for Luke Shaw.

Edit: I just said a tearful goodbye to Mikel. ;_;
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Last edited by I.O.T.M at Nov 30, 2013,
Signed Callum Tapping for Aberdeen. Also Walter Martin (at Hearts) has absurdly good stats for a 17 year old, does he turn out any good? Sadly none of my offers have been accepted, and English clubs keep offering appalling amounts for my players (Sunderland thinking they can get Jamie Langfield for £5k, yeah no go away).

First game of the season finished 1-1 against Kilmarnock. Scored and then conceded directly from the restart. In a very broken way
For all the lazy bastards/cheaters out there, the public (free) edition of Genie Scout 14 is available from tomorrow so you can pull out all the amazing regens etc.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
West Brom squad going into the 3rd season:

GKs: Ben Foster, Tomasz Kuszczak (£475k from Brighton)
RBs: Kieran Trippier (£1.1m from Huddersfield) Sime Vrsaljko (on loan from AC Milan), Jonathan Gondal (regen, 17, on loan at Huddersfield)
CBs: Jonas Olsson, Craig Dawson, Stefan Strandberg (£200k from Rosenborg), Simone Benedetti (free agent) Donervon Daniels (out on loan)
LBs: Laurens De Bock (£4.7m from Club Brugge),
CMs: Youssouf Mulumbu, Claudio Yacob, George Thorne, Albin Ekdal (£2.3m from AC Milan), Nicolaj Thomsen (£1.3m from AAB), Simon Tibbling (£900k from Djugarden), Gaizka Arzubiaga (regen, 16, free agent)
AMR: Omar Elabdellauoi (£4.2m from Mainz), Jeremy Menez (on loan from PSG), Emil Larsen (£850k from OB)
AML: Vitinho (Free from CSKA Moscow), Larsen can play there as well
STs: Shane Long, Saido Berahino, Victor Anichebe, Luciano Vietto (£7.25m from Racing Club), Oscar Cardozo (£2.1m from SLB)

First XI

Foster
Trippier Olsson Dawson De Bock
Elabdellauoi Mulumbu Yacob Vitinho
Cardozo Vietto

(play with AMR/AML, but couldn't be bothered sorting out the formatting to get that looking right)

Because Jeremy Peace hates spending money, I'm just looking now at how much I've spent each season.

2013/14: In - £1.61m. Out - £7.37m
2014/15: In - £9.74m. Out - £8.07m
201516: In - £12.77m. Out - £9.21m

Total spent: £24.12m
Total gained: £24.65m

So I'm in profit, just about.

First season report

Finished 3rd in the Premier League (!)
Lost 4-2 to Liverpool in the FA Cup 3rd Round
Lost to Bristol City in the Capital One Cup 2nd Round after ET (the shame)

Second season report

Finished 9th in the Premier League (bit more realistic)
Finished 3rd in the CL Group (behind PSG and SLB, but ahead of Dynamo Kyiv - managed two home wins against SLB and Dynamo Kyiv, both 2-1, but getting smashed 7-0 at PSG didn't help anything).
Lost to Shakhtar in the Euro Cup 1st Knockout Round
Lost 3-1 to Man City in the FA Cup 6th Round (played a weakened team, because I knew we'd get nothing, and the board only wanted us to get that far)
Beat Newcastle 4-2 in the Capital One Cup final

Third season report

It...hasn't started yet. We are going to play either Kiryat-Shmona or Irtysh Pavlodar in the Euro Cup 3rd qualifying round though, so that'll be fun.
I'm having trouble keeping interest in this game. So much so that I've started about 8 games in the last week and got to the first game of the season about 3 times. I can never decide who to be. What's a good Championship team?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by raoooos
The rock of my Pisa team

He's 23, and only one and a half stars current ability, but because my staff reckon he's three and a half potential, I thought I'd try him. Can't really go wrong on a free transfer.
Quote by Minkaro
Wigan.

At least then you'll be doing better than Coyle.

Good plan.

Going well with my Everton team about 3/4 way through the 2nd season. Just dumped Bayern out of the Europa League on away goals, shat all over AVB, their manager
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
If anybody notices this for sale in the next few weeks, post in here, because I don't check Steam that often
It's 25% off right now. But classic Steam sale logic dictates that unless it's a flash sale or a daily deal then don't get it yet because it will probably end up being a flash sale or a daily deal.

Ah, cool. I'm not that desperate, so Steam if you want my money then you better make that shit dirt cheap
I think I might start a Wigan save and turn them into a tedious defensive side.

S A D B O Y S
Won the League Cup with Newcastle United and I'm in second with 5 games left but Manchester United are top by 7 points so I can see it happening for me (although they've got Chelsea, Everton and City to play)

In the FA Cup semi-final against Utd too.

Signed Salvio on loan and he's been class and then I sent Anderson back and got Holtby in January who's made a big difference. Need to spend big in the summer cause I guaranteed top 4 and I don't think I've got the squad for CL at all

EDIT: (Invalid img)

Managed to come back from behind twice to win late on. Played a tactic I haven't played for about 2 months so the change up is probably what helped, plus good performances.

Last edited by digman50 at Dec 24, 2013,
Quote by raoooos
If anybody notices this for sale in the next few weeks, post in here, because I don't check Steam that often

It's on sale today for £17.49 which...isn't the best price.
Anyone have any experience with FM14 Handheld? I got an iPod Touch for Christmas and need something for a train up to Edinburgh (and eventually back) in a few days time.
Quote by raoooos
Appreciated. I'm having second thoughts again though

It went back up to £28 now too
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
Quote by Gu1tar K1d
Anyone have any experience with FM14 Handheld? I got an iPod Touch for Christmas and need something for a train up to Edinburgh (and eventually back) in a few days time.

it will demolish your battery. i had fm12 or 13 on my ipod and the battery lasted like an hour and a bit from a full charge.

that and it was bloody terrible

Trowzaa is actually Roy Walker.

S A D B O Y S
Last edited by I.O.T.M at Dec 27, 2013,
Quote by I.O.T.M
Trowzaa is actually Roy Walker.

It's good but it's not right.

Just relegated Villa at Villa Park with Newcastle.

Possibly my favourite FM moment ever.

favourite memory on fm09 (i think) - Man Utd going into administration and buying christiano ronaldo for portsmouth for 5 million
favourite memory on fm 13 - buying a 34year old christiano ronaldo for wigan
favourite memory on fm14 (so far) - Jordan Rhodes finishing top scorer in the premier league for me with wigan in first season
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
I keep having phases with Football Manager. I'm still play 2013 because I'm a poor student, but yeah.

I've never actually managed a big club, I always start unemployed and get whatever job I can. Currently in my second season as manager of Havant & Waterlooville in BSS, having reached the playoffs in my first season. I have a striker with good strength, jumping and heading that bangs in the goals as a target man, and a central midfielder with the kind of technical and mental stats that you see in League 1, but appalling physical stats, hence him playing for a tiny team like me. Really pulls the strings in midfield though.

Also nabbed a young Aussie central defender that just got his first cap for the Australian U21 team. He's already rated as good enough for a league above me, and he's only 19 so fingers crossed he'll keep doing the business for me for a while to come.
I only like managing lower league teams too. It actually feels like progression getting promoted and everything.

Yep same, I can't manage the big clubs unless I'm fucking around (like when I kept buying Kevin Kyle for Barcelona and played him over Messi). Doesn't feel like a challenge at all.
It's super-satisfying to find a really good gem. 95% of my current team are under 24, we're really overachieving. Feels good, man.
I always go for the young'uns and then I remember that players are always in their peak on FM around 27-30

I'm better suited to the big clubs, like Big Sam would be if he wasn't discriminated against for his English Grit™.

S A D B O Y S
I can't find any 27-30 year old players that'll sign for me that are any good though

But in the BSS a 19 year old winger with a bit of pace and enough crossing ability to actually get the ball into the box most of the time will do a good job. So I'm happy to keep it young for now
Quote by I.O.T.M
I'm better suited to the big clubs, like Big Sam would be if he wasn't discriminated against for his English Grit™.

I'm the same for the most part. If I can bring a club up through the divisions then I'll be able to make them competitive in the top division, but I'm shite at jumping in and managing relegation candidates (like my laughable attempt at 2012/13 Wigan)

Just hit a great run of form in my West Ham save, knocked Mancheater United out of the FA Cup and up to 7th in the league. Been rotating BIG ANDY with an 18 year old kid called Sean Maguire and he's been banging them in got Sergi Roberto in on loan too. James Tomkins is obscenely good as well, 7.7+ in pretty much every game

Chamakh asked to have his loan terminated and I was happy to oblige the balding drain
Last edited by raoooos at Jan 3, 2014,