Page 4 of 17
I'd love one of them, being a massive AIC and JC fan Too bad they cost an arm and a leg.

Does anyone know if G&L are at NAMM this year? They weren't last year and I'm hoping they're there this year, hoping that they will announce the new Superhawk.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
I almost bought a Tribute rampage today... then I bought drums instead.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I just wanted to marvel at how well G&L's keep their value. It's rad.
Quote by ihartfood
^^^ Ippon do it dude, those are awesome looking and they're prob sweet playing guitars as well.
then go play a big public gig with flatscreens

If I can find the scratch ... not even sure why I'm playing at negotiating. I'm such an AIC fanboi.
how much difference between a S-500 and a Legacy ??..... thinking about ordering a metal flake blue G & L ..... the 16 week wait will be a killer !! , but worth it
Last edited by Fumble fingers at Jan 25, 2013,
The S500 has the mini toggle switch, the legacy does not. So the S500 has more pick-up combinations. The S500 has ceramic MFD single coils, the Legacy has Alnico single coils.

Judging from the sound clips I have heard, the S500 is warmer and darker, with less 'sparkle' than a regular Legacy. But I would try to play each one at a shop to get a better picture.
Gear:
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
Well according to this thread G&L were at NAMM 2013. Sharing a booth with Rivera.

Speaking of G&L, I may look into them when I start looking to get a tele, or a new bass.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
It's a bolt-on according to the G&L website. But I agree, definitely beautiful.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I almost bought that guitar instead of my carved top ASAT Special. It's like a Tele Les Paul. Very solid guitars, love the necks. There are some serious gems out there in the Tribute series.

If you have any ASAT questions, let me know. I've owned 3 G&L's.

i had my blues boy a lot longer.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
GIANT IMAGES AHEAD

Yay, new superhawk!

But I only just bought a new Strat, so I think I'll wait a couple of years before getting one XD The blueburst one looks great, but there's something about that ivory finish that I really like.

They've announced a new guitar, the G&L Fallout:

It's pretty much an SC2 with an HB in the bridge and a P90 in the neck. Sounds interesting.
Gear:
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
THANK YOU! I was looking all over for the G&L booth stuff. I now have a need for the Superhawk I didn't know I had before.
Last edited by JustRooster at Mar 4, 2013,
Thank Craig from the G&L forums

There's a few more over there http://guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7988

I was never a fan of the SC-2, but I have to say it looks pretty nice with a pick guard.
Gear:
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
Last edited by BlueIceBox at Jan 28, 2013,
PRS is "sort of a creep".
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
PRS is "sort of a creep".

Sounds right to me.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
SG/SG knockoffs (assuming those count) are "Workman's Hero." Nice.

Looks like anyone who buys Schecter superstrat-style guitars is a "Repugnant Individual." I'd feel offended if I still had my Omen-6, but since my friend bought it, I can safely agree.
I'm really tempted to order a legacy deluxe...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.

Less than a year, already got fretboard wear from how much I play it.

wait you can wear a rosewood fretboard?

looks very nice, though
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
The rosewood is noticeably lighter where I play, haha. That's not the best pic to see it. Odd lighting.
oh yeah i mean i can see it in the pic. i was just wondering how that was possible. unless it's been dyed. that might be it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
aye
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a new american Legacy , honey burst , rosewood finger board , vintage tint neck , black pick guard and pickup covers ...... and now the wait , the music store has a beauty ASAT Classic blonde with maple finger board second hand but flawless for 749.00 , half tempted to get it to make the "wait" for the new one to come in a whole lot better
We would LOVE to see pictures of the Legacy when it comes in! Did you end up getting the HB one like you sent in your PM?
I got the standard Legacy this time ... the vid on the GL site with legacy verses S500 just kept me coming back for the Legacy
I always felt the same way. There's a bit more attitude with the legacy series. The S500's seem like they're old man Strats, haha.

Can't wait to see it!
I did make a offer on the ASAT classic at the music store , if they don't accept I will order a new ASAT Classic S in either tangerine or purple metallic after the Legacy comes in
well the music store counter my offer for the used 1998 ASAT classic and I ended up taking it home for 675.00 with HSC .... its a real beauty !!, I'll have my daughter post some pics when she comes this weekend .....
How do those G&L z-coils compare to those found in other "Strats" & "Teles"?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!