Page 4 of 11
Quote by iamcline
Fixin' to drop the Krankenstein down to $500.

Man the prices on these and the plus model dropped like a mother F*cker. The originals used to sell for 650 all day long in LA. CL is a ghost town these days.

The Krankenstein head is short then 30inches... I left my tape measure downstairs or I would get the measurements for you.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by Beezerk
Out of interest, what are the dimensions of the Krankstein?

26" (long) x 9" (back to front) x 10" (top to bottom)
http://www.twitter.com/iamcIine

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
Welp finally sold the Krank. Bought a Blackstar HT-40 Club Combo, the rest going toward a new fiddle.

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
Yeah man. Once I get me a Krank Rev, Jr. Combo I'll be set. Definitely going to get me one of those.

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
The Krankenstein cab with 4 Texas Heats IS METAL

I keep the resonance and presence off (or damping on the XXX) and keep gain in the range of 4-5. I use no boost or external eq. All eq knobs are before noon. No tricks necessary to make this cab crush. It just has br00tz in its DNA.

Had to say it, I just love this ****ing thing.
:: Peavey JSX | XXX ::
:: LTD V | Viper | AX [EMG85] ::
:: Vader 2x12 | Krankenstein 4x12 ::
:: G50 | DecimatorG-String | 95Q ::
:: Polytune | Ditto | CarbonCopy ::
Just unloaded the Blackstar. Looks like my return to Krank is imminent. This time with a REP120.

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
Right on dude. I will probably be grabbing a krank cab in the coming weeks, if I can find a good price. Otherwise I'll be looking for a Mesa 212
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by iamcline
Just unloaded the Blackstar. Looks like my return to Krank is imminent. This time with a REP120.

Didn't like the blackstar? Didn't you just pick it up?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by dementiacaptain
Right on dude. I will probably be grabbing a krank cab in the coming weeks, if I can find a good price. Otherwise I'll be looking for a Mesa 212

They have used Rev 4x12, K-stein 4x12 and 1980 4x12 cabs for <$400 on GC used site
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
They have used Rev 4x12, K-stein 4x12 and 1980 4x12 cabs for <$400 on GC used site

Gunning for another gift card for saving soweone a ton of money?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by dementiacaptain

GC has a few for a solid price. I'm still searching for that elusive Krank 2x12 cabinet. However, act fast...this week I'm considering snagging the Nineteen80 cab. Muahahaha.

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
Last edited by iamcline at Dec 23, 2012,
Quote by R45VT
Gunning for another gift card for saving soweone a ton of money?

Not at all, but I wish I would have known about their resale value, because I would have bought used and saved $600 when I bought mine.

But gift cards are nice
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

Not at all, but I wish I would have known about their resale value, because I would have bought used and saved $600 when I bought mine.

But gift cards are nice

And yeah the difference new vs. used is incredible. They are nice cabs. Very solid.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Got some more photos of the Jr. Combo (Nineteen80) from Chris Catero:

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
Quote by R45VT

And yeah the difference new vs. used is incredible. They are nice cabs. Very solid.

Your from LA right? you going to the Steel Panther Christmas eve party at the Key club?I would, but its at least 3000 mile drive.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by iamcline
GC has a few for a solid price. I'm still searching for that elusive Krank 2x12 cabinet. However, act fast...this week I'm considering snagging the Nineteen80 cab. Muahahaha.

I saw one of the old 2x12 cabs on GC used a month or so ago $275ishand it was gone in 2 days
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I saw one of the old 2x12 cabs on GC used a month or so ago $275ishand it was gone in 2 days

Yeah they go quickly. Gotta be on your toes to snag one.

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
I didn't even realize they made 212 cabs. I am bidding on a 112 PPC on the bay right now, if I can snatch it real low then that can be my studio cab. Otherwise, I might see about picking up one of the new jr. combos.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Your from LA right? you going to the Steel Panther Christmas eve party at the Key club?I would, but its at least 3000 mile drive.

Missed you posting this. Yeah I live in LA/OC.

I need to pay more attention to what shows are coming to town.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by dementiacaptain
I didn't even realize they made 212 cabs.

They did for a few years but demand was really low. I'd take one over the 4x12 any day.

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
Well do you have a cab anymore? That is pretty important, but honestly I'd go head. They are a lot easier to carry
Just ordered a Rev Plus head. Will post pictures once it arrives (sometime next week I am hoping).

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
Thar she blows:

Came in today. The original picture on GC's website was pretty crappy but I am ecstatic that it arrived in pristine condition. I consider this to be a huge steal at $600.

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
brootal
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
I wanna play a rev jr sooo bad. im the market for a new amp and I cant really tell much from the videos online. Im in the market for a new amp. and I love the idea of the rev jr head. Ive just heard either you love it or hate it. They are pretty damn cheap.

EDIT: I found this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrUTt689acI very good. what type of cabinet do you guys use for your rev jrs?
Ibanez VBT700
Schecter Traditional Custom (Black Winter)
Orange Micro Dark
Line 6 Flextone 112
Big Muff
MXR Micro Amp

Squier Classic Vibs 70's Precision
Ampeg BA110V2
Last edited by romeozdistress at Jan 21, 2013,
1980Jr>RevJr/KsteinJr
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
1980Jr>RevJr/KsteinJr

well the rev jr is only $250-300 lol.
Ibanez VBT700
Orange Micro Dark
Line 6 Flextone 112
Big Muff
MXR Micro Amp

Ampeg BA110V2
Quote by romeozdistress
well the rev jr is only $250-300 lol.

yeah it is hard to find the 1980 Jr used.

The Rev Jr is a pretty good amp, but make sure you get the pro version it has better controls for the clean ch and it is foot switchable.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
yeah it is hard to find the 1980 Jr used.

The Rev Jr is a pretty good amp, but make sure you get the pro version it has better controls for the clean ch and it is foot switchable.

I have had a tough time finding the pro used also. :/
Ibanez VBT700
Orange Micro Dark
Line 6 Flextone 112
Big Muff
MXR Micro Amp

Ampeg BA110V2
they have them on GC used section most of the time, at least one of the pro models
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jan 21, 2013,
Quote by romeozdistress
what type of cabinet do you guys use for your rev jrs?

The stock krank 112 sounds good with them, I have also used a mesa 112 with a Shadow in it, that sounds good, but not as good as my Carvin 412 with 4 texas heats in it. Of all speakers, I think texas heats bring out the best in these amps.
Quote by dementiacaptain
The stock krank 112 sounds good with them, I have also used a mesa 112 with a Shadow in it, that sounds good, but not as good as my Carvin 412 with 4 texas heats in it. Of all speakers, I think texas heats bring out the best in these amps.

sweet man. there is one on guitarcenter.com for $174 used. i was just thinking maybe i could go higher on the cab. but hey if the krank is good. thats cool too. thanks man.
Ibanez VBT700
Orange Micro Dark
Line 6 Flextone 112
Big Muff
MXR Micro Amp

Ampeg BA110V2
If you can go higher on the cab and aren't after the portability of the 112 and mini head, I would recommend it. I used to run my Rev Jr. Pro through a Marshall 1936V cab and it did sound better than the standard Krank 112. I elected to switch back to the Krank 112 though since I wanted more portability. They're great amps and tough to beat for the price.
Quote by Shabadoo
If you can go higher on the cab and aren't after the portability of the 112 and mini head, I would recommend it. I used to run my Rev Jr. Pro through a Marshall 1936V cab and it did sound better than the standard Krank 112. I elected to switch back to the Krank 112 though since I wanted more portability. They're great amps and tough to beat for the price.

sweet. i should find out around mid feb.
Ibanez VBT700
Orange Micro Dark
Line 6 Flextone 112
Big Muff
MXR Micro Amp

Ampeg BA110V2
So Krank was at NAMM this year. They guys were super cool to talk with and hang out for a bit. They had a loud room for Krank'n it up.

No new amps- however they partnered with a new supplier for Tolex- you can get almost any combination in color and texture. Also new is a customizable from grill. They didn't have any examples there.

Here are some pictures:

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Right on, thanks man. They do look rather delicious