Page 5 of 11
This was not my taste at all... I would rather do a plain color other than black than some textured crap but everyone likes something different. Its why options like these exist.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Yeah, that looks kind of weird, but its cool that you can do that. I would like one with mesa tolex on it like my chadwick had, super soft, felt awesome.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I might want one with a Pentagram texture.

Chase all the religious folk out of my house.

Yes.... I can see it now... my Krankenstein sitting in the living room. Yes Mr Mormon who rang my doorbell, please come in and have a seat next to my guitar gear and tell me about Jesus....
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at Jan 30, 2013,
Gotta keep 'em in line somehow right? Nothing like the high wattage power of SATAN!!

Quote by R45VT
I might want one with a Pentagram texture.

Chase all the religious folk out of my house.

Yes.... I can see it now... my Krankenstein sitting in the living room. Yes Mr Mormon who rang my doorbell, please come in and have a seat next to my guitar gear and tell me about Jesus....

that is totally sig worthy.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
My girlfriend's family is mormon, and part of their duty to missionaries is that members of the church that is hosting the missionaries take turns feeding them dinner, obviously they get tired of macdonald's after awhile.

I remember I ate with them one time, and I was wearing my Lamb of God shirt, one of the missionaries asked me about it, so I played some for him off the computer. He spent the whole rest of the night staring at me in frequent intervals kind of wide eyed, any time I said something he got really quiet He was from Utah, so he was especially sheltered.
Quote by dementiacaptain
My girlfriend's family is mormon, and part of their duty to missionaries is that members of the church that is hosting the missionaries take turns feeding them dinner, obviously they get tired of macdonald's after awhile.

I remember I ate with them one time, and I was wearing my Lamb of God shirt, one of the missionaries asked me about it, so I played some for him off the computer. He spent the whole rest of the night staring at me in frequent intervals kind of wide eyed, any time I said something he got really quiet He was from Utah, so he was especially sheltered.

haha thats awesome. they are probably my favorite band. my shirts just scare my gfs family.
Ibanez VBT700
Schecter Traditional Custom (Black Winter)
Orange Micro Dark
Line 6 Flextone 112
Big Muff
MXR Micro Amp

Squier Classic Vibs 70's Precision
Ampeg BA110V2
I was wondering how the cleans were on the krankenstein jr compared to the 6505 112. because i also like multiple typoes of metal. but im also a jack white fan. so at some point id like to grab a big muff and dabble into some of that stuff on the kleen channel. anybody with experience with the krankenstein would be sweet. i dont see many rev jr pros and when I do they are alot more expensive. i love the reviews. but i dont see many for the kleen channel lol.
Ibanez VBT700
Orange Micro Dark
Line 6 Flextone 112
Big Muff
MXR Micro Amp

Ampeg BA110V2
Last edited by romeozdistress at Jan 30, 2013,
Well the standard rev. jr. cleans are pretty awful, they really are worse than the 6505+ 112. The krankenstein jr. I imagine wouldn't be much better, though I understand the krankenstein has better cleans than the revolution, so I could be wrong.
Quote by dementiacaptain
Well the standard rev. jr. cleans are pretty awful, they really are worse than the 6505+ 112. The krankenstein jr. I imagine wouldn't be much better, though I understand the krankenstein has better cleans than the revolution, so I could be wrong.

It looks like the kleen channel is set up the like the rev jr pro with the 3 knobs instead of the one. and its foot switchable. i see one for $350 in great condition. I just wanna know if its worth the extra money over the 6505. because I'd have to get a cab also. I really like the wattage and the fact it wont take up as much space. because I mostly play at home. i really need to compare the rev jr vs the krankerstein jr. i have been ehavily leaning toward one of the two.
Ibanez VBT700
Orange Micro Dark
Line 6 Flextone 112
Big Muff
MXR Micro Amp

Ampeg BA110V2
The Krankenstein jr. has been said to suffer the same thin sound that plagued the big version. I haven't played a Kstein jr. so I can't say. Ultimately I think the rev jr. pro is the amp for you, but I understand the price issue.

I think my rev jr. sounds better on the dirty channel than my 6505+, but that may not be true for you, because they are very different.

It comes down to this: Without going and playing all your options extensively, you won't know which is better, so you are going to have to take a chance. I imagine that with an eq pedal you could fix whatever problems you had if you got the krankenstein jr., or any of these amps for that matter, so I would just go for whichever one you feel most confident about.
Quote by dementiacaptain
The Krankenstein jr. has been said to suffer the same thin sound that plagued the big version. I haven't played a Kstein jr. so I can't say. Ultimately I think the rev jr. pro is the amp for you, but I understand the price issue.

I think my rev jr. sounds better on the dirty channel than my 6505+, but that may not be true for you, because they are very different.

It comes down to this: Without going and playing all your options extensively, you won't know which is better, so you are going to have to take a chance. I imagine that with an eq pedal you could fix whatever problems you had if you got the krankenstein jr., or any of these amps for that matter, so I would just go for whichever one you feel most confident about.

yeah I really liked the kranks jrs because they are smaller in size and lower wattage. I dont have alot of space and I mainly will be using it to practice. If the kleen channel sucks regardless I might as well just grab a rev jr for $250-300. thanks for helping out so much man. They have a used jet city 112 cab at my GC for $129 too. pretty good deal.
Ibanez VBT700
Orange Micro Dark
Line 6 Flextone 112
Big Muff
MXR Micro Amp

Ampeg BA110V2
no problem, though I will stress that the kranks really like their own cabs. I have played the Jet City deals, I didn't like them very much, though they are better than a lot of stock cabs for sure.

I know that you can get Krank 112s all day on ebay for 250, so total you would take a 500$ hit, though you should be able to find one for cheaper than that, though there are none available at GC right now
Quote by dementiacaptain
no problem, though I will stress that the kranks really like their own cabs. I have played the Jet City deals, I didn't like them very much, though they are better than a lot of stock cabs for sure.

I know that you can get Krank 112s all day on ebay for 250, so total you would take a 500$ hit, though you should be able to find one for cheaper than that, though there are none available at GC right now

Oh well I was going to grab the jet city and the texas heat as you suggested. bad idea?

EDIT: there is a krank 112 for $175 on there actually.
Ibanez VBT700
Orange Micro Dark
Line 6 Flextone 112
Big Muff
MXR Micro Amp

Ampeg BA110V2
Oh well then that's fine, though you might be able to find a used krank cheaper if you wait, though that's not garuanteed
Quote by dementiacaptain
Oh well then that's fine, though you might be able to find a used krank cheaper if you wait, though that's not garuanteed

yeah, my return is still being processed so who knows when ill get it. maybe another one will pop up. cheaper the better though. might need new tubes. and im for sure getting a noise gate.
Ibanez VBT700
Orange Micro Dark
Line 6 Flextone 112
Big Muff
MXR Micro Amp

Ampeg BA110V2
Quote by Robbgnarly

and their was also the Krank Hand Wired head

I'm pretty sure that that was a mythical amplifier. There are photos of the PCB(s) on the web. Maybe the guy that Krank fired who used to write all the fake reviews provided that info to retailers. "Hand-built" does not equal "Hand-wired."

A bunch of retailers listed the amps as being hand-wired ([forbidden link], but again, the PCB boards for all of those amps can be seen on the web. Also, the fact that the pre-amp tubes aren't mounted to the chassis is certainly a giveaway.

Even the REALLY early Kranks were built on existing PCBs (from Sovtek heads, I believe).
Quote by mgear
I'm pretty sure that that was a mythical amplifier. There are photos of the PCB(s) on the web. Maybe the guy that Krank fired who used to write all the fake reviews provided that info to retailers. "Hand-built" does not equal "Hand-wired."

A bunch of retailers listed the amps as being hand-wired ([forbidden link], but again, the PCB boards for all of those amps can be seen on the web. Also, the fact that the pre-amp tubes aren't mounted to the chassis is certainly a giveaway.

Even the REALLY early Kranks were built on existing PCBs (from Sovtek heads, I believe).

PCB s can be hand wired with components

I was talking about a Pre Krank amlification amp in that post. When Tony was just making them out of his home

The listing had said Krank handwired as the model, I have never seen another one like it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah it sat on GC's used site forever. I'm not sure if it was handwired or what, but it was obviously pre-production
Quote by dementiacaptain
Yeah it sat on GC's used site forever. I'm not sure if it was handwired or what, but it was obviously pre-production

Did you ever get an amp to replace the AOR?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Naw, got a mic and interface with the cash, I have been wanting that forever.
I just found a Krank 1980Jr 20watt head for $299 should be here in a few days.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
ooh nice

i wouldn't mind getting to try the 1980jr. Don't see that happening any time soon, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by Dave_Mc
ooh nice

i wouldn't mind getting to try the 1980jr. Don't see that happening any time soon, though.

Yeah I ordered it today from Guitar Center for $343 and thats with tax and shipping, I could not pass it up.

I loved the Full sized 1980 I had for a few days, but it had some serious issues so I returned it. It is basically a poormans Splawn

Hope the 1980Jr is as good
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah that's sorta what i was hoping. thomann had the krank stuff for a while, and had the rev jrs at a pretty good price (around £500-£600 iirc). But they seem to have stopped selling them, and never had any 1980s
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
You could always order directly from Krank
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah but i'm guessing postage etc. would be a killer. Also i've dealt with thomann a fair bit and know they're pretty good (and they give a 3 year warranty). I mean i wasn't really thinking seriously about it, lol. But if thomann had got them in, i might have considered it...
Quote by Robbgnarly
I just found a Krank 1980Jr 20watt head for $299 should be here in a few days.

Cool. Let is know how it is!

Kan't wait for the NAD.

Well in a funny twist of fate, I get my Krank Rev+ back next week. Can't wait!
http://www.twitter.com/iamcIine

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
Those new tolex options look sweet, but I'm craving snakeskin.

Hate to see Chris Catero and Krank no longer working together. Chris was one awesome guy.

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
Wow, missed some stuff! Congrats to both Robb and Paul, glad you guys are getting some Krank in your life. For the first time in a year I am Krankless, I got rid of the Rev Jr. I am still scheming a way to possiblly get my old Chadwick back, but it is low on the list of shit to acquire, I still am trying to get my hands on a DSL
Quote by dementiacaptain
Wow, missed some stuff! Congrats to both Robb and Paul, glad you guys are getting some Krank in your life. For the first time in a year I am Krankless, I got rid of the Rev Jr. I am still scheming a way to possiblly get my old Chadwick back, but it is low on the list of shit to acquire, I still am trying to get my hands on a DSL

No Krank... What is worn with you?
Quote by dementiacaptain

GC has a used DSL100 for $550

I know I have found the cheapest best pre-amp tube combo for mine is V1 JJecc83, V2/V3 new Mullard 12ax7, V4 JJecc83

I use SED el34's but the JJ KT77 are pretty nice also, and I have heard good things about the JJ 6CA7 also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If anyone's interested, i'm selling my Rev+ with a starting price of $0.99.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Krank-Revolution-Plus-Rev-Guitar-Amplifier-Peavey-and-Mesa-Slayer-/151017162243?pt=AU_Amplifiers&hash=item2329530603&_uhb=1#ht_878wt_1031

I will end the auction early for the right price however...
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Last edited by Guitar-KID125 at Mar 24, 2013,
Quote by dementiacaptain
Wow, missed some stuff! Congrats to both Robb and Paul

It was fate. That same head I showed in this thread, I returned it to buy my Eclipse II...and they never put it back on the floor so it was just sitting in the back.

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
Quote by Robbgnarly
GC has a used DSL100 for $550

I know I have found the cheapest best pre-amp tube combo for mine is V1 JJecc83, V2/V3 new Mullard 12ax7, V4 JJecc83

I use SED el34's but the JJ KT77 are pretty nice also, and I have heard good things about the JJ 6CA7 also

I have been eyeballing them, I just need my VC30 to sell, and then I'll be on the hunt
Quote by dementiacaptain
I have been eyeballing them, I just need my VC30 to sell, and then I'll be on the hunt

Yeah I only bought the 1980Jr because it was so cheap and they are really hard to find used. I also don't know if I would pay $600 for a new one, so I was cool with 1/2

I really hope it is as good as the big 1980, because that amp is really nice

The DSL's are really nice amps, even though I used to have a grudge against them. I borrowed one for a show, and the guy put it on the crunch ch. I had no idea that it had the ultra ch. Playing Hrdcore with the sound of a plexi is not my cup of tea

But I bought mine for $500 on the thoughts of flipping it and making a $100 quick. But now I really don't think I will ever sell it. It is that good (with the right tubes)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Mar 24, 2013,
^ yeah i used to think i hated the dsls, but i think it was the combo i didn't like (and it may well have just been the speaker's fault). But i tried the head version a good while back and it was pretty nice. I'd rather have my laney gh, but i wouldn't turn down a dsl if someone gave me one, lol.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah i used to think i hated the dsls, but i think it was the combo i didn't like (and it may well have just been the speaker's fault). But i tried the head version a good while back and it was pretty nice. I'd rather have my laney gh, but i wouldn't turn down a dsl if someone gave me one, lol.

Yeah, the Gh is a great amp, but the lack of a clean ch sucks

I will have to say, the DSL pairs best with the Eminence V12 from my experience
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah. I mean i don't care too much as i don't play clean that much anyway (and i have other amps for that), but yeah if i played live or anything like that i mightn't be as easygoing

that's interesing that the dsl works nicely with the v12s, thanks for the info. I think i just tried it with g12t75s.