Ask Warwick Q & A! - for comments, questions, feedback - all things Warwick-related!

Page 1 of 3
At the request of forum members FatalGear41 and Deliriumbassist, I'd like to start a thread, as the title states, for anyone who's got comments, questions, or feedback - all things Warwick-related! As part of the Warwick Social Media Team, I will answer questions to the best of my ability, with the most accurate information I can supply. Whether its German Custom Shop, Pro-Series, or Rockbass...I'd like to make myself available to assist you in any way. Don't hesitate to post here, or PM me. Looking forward to it...Thanks!
I've looked at the website, and I don't see anything about the fret wire Warwick uses. Some of the Warwicks I've seen look as if they have brass frets. Most seem to have nickel-silver frets. What is the standard, and do they offer stainless steel frets through the custom shop?
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41! Warwick is known for its use of Bell Brass frets, which are harder than nickel-silver and also add to the tone. However, in the Custom Shop we offer 6 different fret wires which vary in size as well as composition. Our 'standard' option is Bell Brass (called Bronze on the website). You can see more details in the Custom Shop Options menu, Here: http://warwick.de/modules/custom_shop/options.php?TYP=FINGERBOARD&submenuID=14620&katID=22424&cl=EN Thanks!
Free or cheap Pro Star bass please? I'll use it for all my gigs!

Don't really have proper questions, only compliments. I love my Streamer LX5, It has the best neck I've ever played on a 5 string and the best B string I've ever played. People crap on about how longer scales make for better Bs but Warwick does it right with their fivers. Honestly the best I've ever played.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I wondering if you could offer a Vampyre NT 5 string with a MEC TJ in middle position instead of the MEC J.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Last edited by dark Mass at Jun 22, 2012,
Admittedly I haven't been keeping up on Warwick news too much lately, but do you know when/if the FSC-certified Corvette will be available in the US? And if so what the retail pricing might be like on one?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Would you ever consider taking classic designs like a jazz or precision and then bringing them up to Warwick's standards? I love the 'Wick tone above all else but I'm a big guy so I look silly playing instruments with tiny bodies.

I'd kill for a Warwick Jazz Bass Bubinga $$ NT
Wood doesn't affect tone. Grow up.
Quote by consecutive e
Free or cheap Pro Star bass please? I'll use it for all my gigs!

Don't really have proper questions, only compliments. I love my Streamer LX5, It has the best neck I've ever played on a 5 string and the best B string I've ever played. People crap on about how longer scales make for better Bs but Warwick does it right with their fivers. Honestly the best I've ever played.

Thanks for the compliments, consecutive e! I used to have the same belief until I started playing Warwick basses. I also feel that the tone of 34" scale is more 'organic' sounding. I played 35" scale basses for years (many with loose B strings), and it was a real pleasure to move back down to a 34" scale. Enjoy your Streamer LX5!
Quote by dark Mass
I wondering if you could offer a Vampyre NT 5 string with a MEC TJ in middle position instead of the MEC J.

dark Mass, You can order a Vampyre NT 5 through the Warwick Germany Custom Shop with any pickup configuration you prefer! Here is an example of a TJ/TJ setup:

Please let me know if you can assist you in any way. Thanks!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Will 5 string packs of EMP strings eventually be offered with a high C?

Deliriumbassist: Unfortunately we aren't currently planning to offer the EMP 5-string sets with high-C. I will keep this thread updated if plans change. We do offer our non-coated strings in this configuration. Thanks!
Quote by Tostitos
Admittedly I haven't been keeping up on Warwick news too much lately, but do you know when/if the FSC-certified Corvette will be available in the US? And if so what the retail pricing might be like on one?

Tostitos: I just checked with our US Distributor, US Music Corp - The FSC-Certified Corvette will be available in 8 weeks! You can check list prices here: http://warwick.de/media/prices/Warwick_Instr_USA.pdf Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with. Thanks!
Quote by Spaz91
Would you ever consider taking classic designs like a jazz or precision and then bringing them up to Warwick's standards? I love the 'Wick tone above all else but I'm a big guy so I look silly playing instruments with tiny bodies.

I'd kill for a Warwick Jazz Bass Bubinga $$ NT

Spaz91: I don't think we'll be offering either of those designs! However, you could look into our Broadneck option on a 5 string, which widens the overall dimension of the bass proportionately. Let me know if you've got any questions. Thanks!
Quote by WarwickOfficial
Deliriumbassist: Unfortunately we aren't currently planning to offer the EMP 5-string sets with high-C. I will keep this thread updated if plans change. We do offer our non-coated strings in this configuration. Thanks!

Ah well, can't win them all. Now it's a case of finding a use for the low B in the six string sets
Could you shed some light on when the Warwick Alien Acoustic 6 string basses will be available for sale on the European market?

I've been wanting one ever since I saw a photo of one of them in January.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Hello sam_ofzo, I will try to get more detailed information on both the Warwick Alien and the Rockbass Alien and report back here. Thanks for your patience! Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with.
Last edited by WarwickOfficial at Jun 22, 2012,
Black Ox,

Where are you located?

I have sent a request for more details on all the Alien basses, and will have a reply with precise information soon! Thanks!
Last edited by WarwickOfficial at Jun 22, 2012,
Quote by WarwickOfficial
Black Ox,

Where are you located?

I have sent a request for more details on all the Alien basses, and will have a reply with precise information soon! Thanks!

Ohio, USA
Dear All, I just heard from our distributor - The Rockbass Alien will not be available until December, hopefully sooner. I will keep you posted. Thanks!
Quote by sam_ofzo
Could you shed some light on when the Warwick Alien Acoustic 6 string basses will be available for sale on the European market?

I've been wanting one ever since I saw a photo of one of them in January.

sam_ofzo, I've received confirmation that the Warwick Alien will be available again next month, July. You can pre-order with online retailers such as Thomann or Zoundhouse, or beginning July 1 Warwick will be opening its own Web Store! Our Web Store will have all models available for purchase world-wide. Please let me know if I can assist you in any way. Thanks!
Quote by Radtastic89
Do the Rockbass Corvette have a slim neck like a Jazz bass?

Radtastic89 - Are you referring to the neck profile, or the width at the nut? The Warwick Rockbass Corvette neck has a very similar profile and nut width as a Jazz bass. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!
Quote by WarwickOfficial
Spaz91: I don't think we'll be offering either of those designs! However, you could look into our Broadneck option on a 5 string, which widens the overall dimension of the bass proportionately. Let me know if you've got any questions. Thanks!

What if I built the body? Can I buy electronics, pickups, hardware and a neck separately?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Will the UK be getting a showroom, and can I work there?

This.
Quote by WarwickOfficial
sam_ofzo, I've received confirmation that the Warwick Alien will be available again next month, July. You can pre-order with online retailers such as Thomann or Zoundhouse, or beginning July 1 Warwick will be opening its own Web Store! Our Web Store will have all models available for purchase world-wide. Please let me know if I can assist you in any way. Thanks!

That helps a lot, thank you for the information!
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Quote by sam_ofzo
That helps a lot, thank you for the information!

You're very welcome, sam_ofso. Please let me know if you've got any other questions. Thanks again!
Quote by Spaz91
What if I built the body? Can I buy electronics, pickups, hardware and a neck separately?

This.

Spaz91, You can purchase electronics, pickups, and hardware from the online store...however, individual necks are not available! I would be more than happy to assist if you need. There are currently no plans to open a custom shop in the UK, but I will keep you posted if anything materializes. Thanks!
Damn.

Okay, any plans for a Rockbass Star Bass or Katana?
Here's an idea- Rockbass 8/12 string Streamers. Dean did a cheap line of 8/12s, as have Hagstrom. Issue is, these are cheap and nasty, whilst the 8/12s you do generally see are custom jobs and therefore expensive. Coursed strings are extremely expressive, allowing for so much more (including tuning the coursed strings differently etc). Maybe as an initial "Rockbass Limited" run? I'd certainly consider the option.
I am seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on a 4-string Katana. It seems to have most of the things I look for in an expensive bass, and the price isn't cause for a heart attack, like the custom Vampyre NT on the Warwick website. Now, if I ever strike it rich, I'll own two of those...at least!

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
Quote by FatalGear41
I am seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on a 4-string Katana. It seems to have most of the things I look for in an expensive bass, and the price isn't cause for a heart attack

Are you still eying the used ones at BassNW? I might hop the bus down there on my lunch break tomorrow and try one if I can. The Katana is one of a handful of Warwicks I really want to try but haven't got my hands on yet.

I'd pick up a 'Vette or a Streamer for the right price (and if I have the cash on hand). I'd really like to get my hands on an FSC Corvette but from that price list it looks like that's going on my "someday" list.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by FatalGear41
I am seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on a 4-string Katana. It seems to have most of the things I look for in an expensive bass, and the price isn't cause for a heart attack, like the custom Vampyre NT on the Warwick website. Now, if I ever strike it rich, I'll own two of those...at least!

The Katana has been tickling my fancy recently, but the production model doesn't have enough walnut or purpleheart...
Yes, I am looking at those two, particularly the second one. They're both in stock and I figure that US$1,700.00 for a German-made Warwick is a good price. The second one seems to have a better flamed top. I think I'll give them a call on Monday and see what I'm getting myself into.

Gold hardware, ebony fretboard, and Warwick quality - what's not to love?

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by Spaz91
I have to agree...the Katana is an incredible instrument! Its very comfortable, and has a wide array of tones available. Warwick-endorser Scott Reeder (Kyuss) recently received his Custom Shop Katana...Stunning!
They're down to one left and I am sorely tempted. The bass looks beautiful, and it has most of the things I look for in a bass. The only thing they didn't tell me is how much it weighs. I would like to know that before I buy it. I've got two back-breakers as it is, and while they are fine basses, I would not want to play four hours standing up with them. I'm wondering if the Katana is another heavyweight?

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by Spaz91
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Dean did a cheap line of 8/12s, as have Hagstrom. Issue is, these are cheap and nasty

Deans were shit, yes. The Hagstroms on the other hand are a. Not that cheap, and b. Pretty bloody decent.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
Hello WarwickOffical and anyone else that might want to answer this.

I am looking at the possiblity of getting a warwick bass. I have seen a 2007 4 String Thumb Bolt-on bass for sale in my general area for the range of $1500. I am wondering is it worth it for this bass/year? I am pretty certain I want a warwick as i fell in love with them back in around 2002 or so when my favorite player at the time played one (Sam Rivers)
Last edited by davo339 at Jun 26, 2012,
Page 1 of 3