Page 4 of 18
Also, since it was a topic of discussion, this would be my choice for Swords and Sorcery:

For Futuristic Warfare I'd have also gone with Killing Technology.
Man I haven't listened to Windir in years. I remember him having really cheesy but solid work.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Yeah that Windir album is great. Picked up the Head not Found version of the cd for cheap, too. For solitude, I would have picked for non-metal

and for heavy metal...

Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
What would have been up there instead of Void:

Total desolation
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Jacob, have you heard 'The Second Ring of Power'? I reckon you'd love it if you like Dolorian.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold
Went forth and checked this out, sounds great. Thanks!
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Stranglehold
Jacob, have you heard 'The Second Ring of Power'? I reckon you'd love it if you like Dolorian.

Yeah man, perfect for getting hammered on a rainy day
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
MAY BE CONSTRUED AS IMPORTANT

though probably not.
a) no reviews from VG? far be it from me to suggest, but i for one am interested in what you think of the way your game is going, seems like something you'd want to weigh in on. that's the unimportant part.

and b) the match between h4e and crazed shredder got me thinking, there was a considerable delay between the two contenders posts, and (not to detract from clyde's win) it's maybe worth figuring out a way that the combatants be unable to view eachothers' albums until both are chosen, as it might be an (probably pretty slight, to be honest) advantage knowing what your opponent has selected before you choose. again, not trying to take away from past wins.
possibly we could have contestants pm vg their choices before they post, and when VG has recieved both choices, he could announce the fact, and that would clear the contestants to post in the actual thread.

just some things to consider, maybe. god knows we all need my opinion.
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
Considerable delay? Wasn't it only a few hours?

EDIT: Maybe we could PM our albums to VG beforehand and he could post them in the OP.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Last edited by Crazed Shredder at Jul 1, 2012,
Either way As long as they get announced at the same time.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
only 5 votes/reviews so far, get your shit together people.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I still haven't found a link to listen to the whole "void" album yet.. can someone pm me?

rgedit: ok nevermind I found something

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Last edited by rg_metal at Jul 1, 2012,
Quote by ambivalent615

though probably not.
a) no reviews from VG? far be it from me to suggest, but i for one am interested in what you think of the way your game is going, seems like something you'd want to weigh in on. that's the unimportant part.

You will be see reviews from me starting tomorrow

Quote by MoogleRancha
Or just have VG announce them in a new post?

This is what we will be doing from now on.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Looks like I'm gonna have to skip my review this round. I've just gotten back home and it's nearly 4pm on Monday, I have to be up at 6am tomorrow for volunteer work and then I have some other work for a mate the next day. I've also gotta find time tonight to post something new on Witching Metal.

Sorry VG. Consider this my doctors note!
It feels like this thing is loosing momentum and less people are reviewing; perhaps on top of a voting deadline we should also have a minimum number of reviews (preferably an odd number) set? That way we can avoid the scenario of having only two or three reviews at the end of the deadline.
I think extending the duration to a week would prevent people from being saturated by it, and therefore increase interest per round, as well as giving people more time to listen and write reviews.
I think dragging it out to a week would make interest in it drop a bit, three days seems fine to me. Fast paced enough to feel in constant motion, slow enough to allow the albums to sink in a little.

Does this round end tonight?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I wish I could enforce voting here, I need my own personal SA or something.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by ctfod
I think dragging it out to a week would make interest in it drop a bit, three days seems fine to me. Fast paced enough to feel in constant motion, slow enough to allow the albums to sink in a little.

Does this round end tonight?

But if someone is busy they might not be able to participate within the three day period. A week would allow people to fit the game into their own schedule. Or maybe it would just make it easier to be lazy...
Quote by beadhangingOne
It would probably end up like the Album of the Decade thing if it was drawn out to a week, it would just drag on too long and people would either become disinterested or just be lazy about it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Its working fine on this schedule, we have somewhere around 11 or 12 votes in now..i would rather people take their time to construct good reviews rather than rush sub par material.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by progbass
Its working fine on this schedule, we have somewhere around 11 or 12 votes in now..i would rather people take their time to construct good reviews rather than rush sub par material.

yeah man.. I am writing mine right now... going to try and convey my thoughts about both albums as clearly as possible.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Just to clarify, I think Vrolok was the superior album, Isolation is more peaceful melancholy to me than neuroticism, which comes from interactions from others in my case. Hence why the lone forest walk of Ulver won.
Quote by Steve08

I'm having a hard time conjuring a review simply because the "solitude" that both players sought to bring is far different then anything I had in mind.

Which only makes it more fun in the end.

Expect my review up tomorrow morning. Tonight, I drink.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Riffmast
Just to clarify, I think Vrolok was the superior album, Isolation is more peaceful melancholy to me than neuroticism, which comes from interactions from others in my case. Hence why the lone forest walk of Ulver won.

Yeah, they both conveyed solitude in opposite ways, torment through solitude versus peace through solitude. Making it impossible to declare a true victor. In the end I gave the wings to Vrolok though.
Quote by beadhangingOne
In situations like these, I find it best to simply vote for the album I think is better. Both fit the theme very well, but in different ways; I enjoyed the Ulver album more, so I voted for it. That's basically how I picked Absu over Summoning before. Voivod were superior in both categories IMO.
So VG, I'm gonna be away on vacation through Sunday, figured I should let y'all know. I'll have limited [at best] access to the interwebs, so I'll more than likely miss the next voting period, maybe the next two, if the next round moves swiftly [which I doubt, due to the fourth of July for us Amerikaners].
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Going to have to wait about two more hours.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
fukk
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Jul 3, 2012,
Wrong thread

I should probably get around to writing a review since I missed the last round.
Man I fucking blow
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
We need one more vote anyways, it's all tied up at the moment.
Quote by Steve08

If no one else votes wanna let VG be the tie breaker?
Quote by beadhangingOne