Page 1 of 2
tunasband
392 IQ
Wow, great sound.
Really like the vocals in "When You Find Yourself", pretty awesome song.

"It's Your Time" sounds pretty hardcore. Like the surf-rock sound going on there.

Nice job!
MetalCommand
988 IQ
Ah, Mr Aardvark, I thought I'd find one of your threads around here
Anyway, on to the music...

When You Find Yourself- Like the clean guitar arpeggios in the beginning. Vocals sound great, the effects on them are just right. Bass is really thick and heavy. Distortion guitars are quite distant and in the background, but I guess they're supposed to be. Lead guitar part is nice, with a kinda spacey feel, it fits in very well. Your style is very recognisable to me now, and this is definitely one of my favourite tracks of yours.

It's Your Time- Ah a very different sort of beat to this, I like it as well. Different style, but very cool. Pretty catchy again, good work.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1547769
Last edited by MetalCommand at Jun 27, 2012,
CJL666
UG's own Master Debater
164 IQ
When You Find Yourself....Thats ****ing raw. Bass is soooo damn chunky. I just wish I could hear the guitars better. But damn good job.
SilverDolphin
The Ghost Passenger
468 IQ
Thanks for commenting on my music
"When You Find Yourself" : I like the atmosphere of the intro, especially when the guitar comes in because it really suits it. The effects on the vocals made them feel a bit cluttered ( I think I hear delay?). I like the guitar "duel" ~1:50, but I think it's too long. The synth ~2:43 was cool.
Joshua1207
Hipster Jesus
1,804 IQ
Listened to When You Find Yourself, I liked the guitar for the most part in the song but the vocals felt a little to New-wavey for me. If that's what you're going for then good job, but I think the vocals could do without the effects you have going on. Liked the bass a lot.
JetPackBlues
629 IQ
When You Find Yourself: I really liked the atmosphere of this one, particularly in the intro, though I thought the distorted guitars should have been louder in the chorus to make the whole thing sound a little bigger. The vocal effects seemed a little too over the top, but that's just personal preference, I guess. I'm not usually a fan of music like this, but this song was really cool. Excellent work, man.
Artemis Entreri
Panned
5,250 IQ
Listened to "It's Your Time." I love the old school feel of it with the drum machine. Sounds like almost a mix of Dick Dale and Black Sabbath. I like it a lot. Well done!
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Random3
Likes Satchurated fat.
6,559 IQ
Listened to When You Find Yourself. Really like the interesting effects you have going on there particularly on the vocals and a bit on the guitar.

Mix-wise I would say bring up the drums, I can only hear overheads and snare. It still sounds good and it suits the song but that's what I would do.

Anyway, keep up the good work
JakePlaysGuitar
"Diggin' the blues"
2,792 IQ
I really like your music, has a nice 80's feel to it! The tones are great and imposter really had me grooving in my chair, love how it builds up Thanks for the feedback on my solo by the way, keep making music man!!
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
Indy_Fire
652 IQ
hey dude, man you're always busy with new tracks, where do you find the time?
I only heard 'When You Find Yourself' this time round, nice clean riffs to start with and a side of extra fat bass.
vocals were done to your usual standard, I may add slightly to high in the mix?...if I maybe so bold?
I like to hear the music more. =D
cool tune as ever though.
Cejis33
Serve the Servants
819 IQ
When you find yourself had a very cool and unique feel to it, cool atmosphere and effects on the vocals were cool. In a way reminded me of the cure sort of.

Its your time, was as said befire, a dirty sounding surf rock tune. Guitar tones were spot on for the sound I think you were trying to get.
RAW POWER
vivalaheerey
1,485 IQ
I really like this kinda stuff, reminds a little of The Killers, vocal wise. Very retro and surfy guitars, good for a chill party. The only thing I can comment on is probably to make the drums in When You Find Yourself as punchy as they are in It's Your Time.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1549148
Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
awesomo41894
Tab Contributor
3,176 IQ
When you find yourself is pretty cool. I didnt like the vocals, I didnt like the effects on them. Everything else in it was cool though. Good song overall.

In my opinion It's your time is much better. I like the surf rock feel of the intro riff. Then it kinda sounds like a mix of that, pink floyd, and the dead kennedys. I thought it was pretty cool. Really neat style on this. Great job man!
Weareclocks
54 IQ
When You Find Yourself: I really dig your clean tone. The vocals aren't exactly my bag of chips, and the delay/verb on them doesn't help :/ The guitar tone is a bit loose, and hangs back a little too much, I think. Bass sounds stellar! Drums are mediocre. Don't be afraid to do some more processing on those fronts. Harmonized stereo leads are cool I dig the track overall!

It's Your Time: Haha, this is awesome. Once again, vocals are what throw me off about this. Instrumentally, I dig the drum part and comments mix-wise remain. As far as writing goes, you're writing into the style, which is cool for sure! Certain lines do set you apart from the genre, and you should be proud of that!

Overall: Awesome stuff man! Keep it up

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29937631#post29937631
JWG2007
Tab Contributor
1,769 IQ
Thanks for the comment dude! I listened to "It's Your Time" and I liked it. The guitar tone fits the vibe well, as do the drums. It has a nice, 80's retro thing goin' on and it sounds awesome!
aaron aardvark
4,896 IQ
tunasband, MetalCommand, CJL, SilverDolphin, Joshua1207, JetPackBlues, Artemis, Random3, JakePlaysGuitar, Indy_Fire, Cejis33, vival, awesomo, Weareclocks, JWG,
Thanks for the reviews! I appreciate it! Where do I find the time to record this many songs? I don't watch much TV.
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Jul 6, 2012,
submergedpiano
67 IQ
When You Find Yourself sounds very post punk, as does Seek and Search, they sound well recorded and I enjoyed the guitar in both songs. I loved the intro to Imposter and also the sample in the instrumental part.
You're obviously a very good musician, and I can't wait to hear more from you.
beverboy
455 IQ
Wow, the music surprised me a bit! When you find yourself reminds me of a coldplay/U2 song! very catchy. nice 'basic' drums and a great mix in that one too!

it's your time reminds me somewhat of some smashing pumpkin songs! verry sturdy and good work!

You are a very talented musician! keep up the good work!

Ps. amazing vocals!
Drum drum drum away!
MattsRichardson
Practiced Sarcasticist
785 IQ
When You Find Yourself

Really cool vibes being thrown around with this one. Really unique vocals [its almost like a Talking Heads meets the B-52's]. Really well put together though. Love how its got that slight spacey vibe. Just for some constructive criticism though I think for the length that the solo was it could have been more impactful, though it did still do its job. Just my thoughts
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
gurreu
erik mongrain style
265 IQ
Ambient stuff. When you find yourself if pretty cool man! (Y)
link55588
1,271 IQ
Always liked your style. The only thing i have to complain about is the effects on the vocals on When you find yourself, especially since theres not as many on the instrument, i feel like it counter balances. Otherwise good job, would like to hear it with a clean vocal though
whatadrag
Guitarist for hire.
2,501 IQ
When You Find Yourself- Interpol meets Depeche Mode. The song has a pretty cool feel to it. I like the crazy sounding guitars around 1:40. I don't like the way the vocals are mixed, but I've always been a fan of a more natural sounding vocal approach. Well written, cool song. I think of the 80's and of fish when I hear your music. Cool synth stuff at the end.

It's Your Time- 80's pop surf punk. Really cool. You certainly have your signature sound nailed. Not much to say about this one. It's mixed pretty well, I like the structure of it, too. Drums are perfectly mixed, your vocal style sounds really good here.
descara
595 IQ
When You Find Yourself:

Digging the vocals, almost give me Sisters of Mercy-vibes or something.

Mixwise, the bass and vocals kinda lie like a mat over the rest of the soundscape, especially the attack/pluck on the bass is pretty annoying! I'd try to eq away some of that pluckiness and bring up the drums a whole bunch. The synth section is pretty cool, but again the drums really need to be fattened up to match things! Since you have some electronic influence in this song, maybe double it up with electronic drums? Eh, just a thought.

Digging the songwriting though, good job!
jrcsgtpeppers
Tab Contributor
4,843 IQ
first song reminded me of an upbeat early pink floyd. nice stuff.
maybe a little bit of animal collective in the vocals?
this is definitely the kind of stuff i listen to but dont write.

2nd song sounds like the cure but surf rock. this is awesome
Guitar1713
244 IQ
I liked both songs instantly. It only took me a second to realize it too. Also I like how their short because I hate when bands drag it out.

The first one has some cool guitar effects and some solid playing. I also love the ambiance of it.

The second one has some pretty cool riffs and the vocals remind me a bit of smashing pumpkins.

Check out my band and leave feedback here

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1550623
Constructive feedback appreciated!
Jay3000
403 IQ
I liked when you find yourself very 80s feeling, reminds me a lot of my buddies band actually. Good job!

It's your time is also pretty sweet, very surfy and such.
BrunoChab
54 IQ
Hi aaron aardvark. Thanks for C4C.
I admit I like the 80's sound of WYFY, especially for the drums and the voice, even if it means to put effect on it. The finish is also interesting. Pretty good artistic work
TakeThat
201 IQ
Listened to When You Find Yourself. Overall the song was stellar man, really awesome stuff. The only thing i didnt like was the vocals. There was a lot of effects going on and it just sounded a bit "Weird" for a lack of a better word haha. The guitar part in the midde was awesome and the synth outro was sick. Great stuff man, really enjoyed it. Some people may like the vocals but it wasnt my thing. Keep rockin' dude!

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1551294
le screamist
516 IQ
Thanks for the kind feedback Aaron

When you find yourself reminded me immediately of a David Bowie song, your vocals have that nice throaty Bowie sort of sound, reminded me a bit also of Talking Heads. I agree with one of the comments above, the guitars were pretty hard to hear, the mix overall was pretty muddy but was that an intended aesthetic choice? I think it worked quite well, definitely unique.

Loved the surfy kind of quality of the second track, and once again - really good vocals. I like that kind of strained emotional quality, top stuff.
Paraffinity
Banned
243 IQ
First song was pretty good but I didn't like the synth sound... kind of cheesy and didn't belong. Otherwise, it kinda reminded me of suede a bit. Nice sustained note guitar things going on that I liked a lot. Also pretty good singing I must say. Cool stuff.
Metallica1554
UG's Foo Foo Cuddly Poops
1,832 IQ
Hey, thanks for checking out my music. Here are my thoughts:

When you find yourself: Sounds really good, the bass and the clean guitars sound really good in the mix. The vocals are pretty space-y, and they fit well into the song. My one criticism for this song would be that you should make the distorted guitars stick out more, when they come in, so that they are more punchy. Good work!

It's Your Time: Prefer the distorted guitars here, and the vocals are really trippy, but the style is pretty sweet. They're just a bit too nasal for my taste, if you know what I mean. The guitar stuff you've written here is pretty good.

Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'twas a dream
DirtyChain
232 IQ
Those are pretty good songs.
-Good Vocals on both
-Nice Guitars on "When You Find Yourself"
-"It's Your Time" reminded me of "Pulp Fiction" for some reason
rjaylaf
I dunno :(
143 IQ
It's not really my style, but it's really cool and odd. I really like the guitar, but your voice is really different, it doesn't do much for me but I know other people will really like it so keep it up.
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
vIsIbleNoIsE
The Asian-Viking Paradox
1,540 IQ
first song is a pretty cool rock song. i'm pretty sure i would love the vocals if the excessive delay was removed, because it just sounds too messy right now. composition is pretty cool, liked the ending. what i didn't like was the mix - bass was way too prominent.

don't like the vocals as much in this second song (and again i'm trying to ignore the excessive vocal effects). interesting blend of surf rock and regular rock. this one seems skewed toward the bass frequencies too.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Dores
1,985 IQ
I think both songs are amazing. You really have a special sound to them. Currently listening on laptop speakers, but it still sounds amazing. This stuff really has potential to get bigger. Keep it up!
Guitarist and composer of the band SHADOWMIND. Check it out:

Bandcamp
Facebook
SweetenerCorp
684 IQ
Thanks for the crit!

I'll review "it's your time" because I like the name. Firstly love the surf style intro. I love the guitar and pace throughout the song kinda surf-punk. My only criticism would be i'm not keen on the vocals, maybe it's personal taste but it's a little overkill, i get the style but maybe i'll pull it back a little.
Sad But False
Mikael is God
729 IQ
listened to 'When you find yourself' really like the vocals and drum parts all though the drums could be thickened up a little bit, especially the kick drum which can be too quiet. love the guitar work and the Bowie/Killers/Joy Division influences (similarities) whilst you have added a new edge to that style of music. Keep it up!
BLUE
RED
YELLOW