Page 2 of 472
Quote by MAC2322
Mfw people think LoL is better than Dota 2:

In all seriousness, though, Dota is a fantastic game, and well worth trying out. It's currently invite-only, but will be F2P upon final release and boasts over 100 heroes.

Now, for those of you who don't know, Dota was originally a map for Warcraft III and is the game that popularized the MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) genre of games, which includes both HoN and LoL and other similar games. Dota 2 is being made by the same guy who made the original Dota working in conjunction with a team of Valve devs. DotA is a good deal more difficult to play than either HoN or LoL, and far more unforgiving. It's quite competitive and a lot of fun, and I would very much suggest it to anybody who likes MOBA games.

It's not the easiest game to learn, as even with careful instruction it takes a significant amount of work to become competent due to the difficulty curve.

First of all, LoL has new and interesting lore, DotA still has the same champions with the same looks and the same abilities and not so user-friendly.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by shaggydogJV
By that same logic, continually supporting TF2 and Steam is also keeping them from developing HL3.

fuck TF2

or should I say "Hat Wearing Simulator 2012"
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
First of all, LoL has new and interesting lore, DotA still has the same champions with the same looks and the same abilities and not so user-friendly.

All the heroes in Dota 2 have lore too, and most of it is pretty interesting. And of course they're the same heroes from Dota. It's still Dota. That's the whole point. Although they do look quite different, from how they did before, and if you really care about looks, well Valve has a whole shop filled with cosmetic items, as well as interesting and funny announcer packs for your enjoyment.

It is less user-friendly because it's more intensive, but it's also more rewarding if you manage to play the game well. So yeah, it takes a lot more effort to wrap your head around the game, but that also allows it to be more competitive. Not to mention that even if you choose to stop playing, the experience will leave you more than well-equipped to handle other MOBAs with ease.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Spoiler alert: a sequel is likely to have a lot of similarities with the original.

And you're acting like there aren't champs in LoL that are blatantly inspired from Dota.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Does anyone on here want a 1 on 1 sometime? Maybe give me a few laning pointers or something?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
i play dota 2. played hon for 1.5years and now i've been playing dota 2 for like 3-4months. awesome game.
Anyone who bashes DotA and then admits to playing or prefering League of Legends is kidding themselves. LoL is a joke.

On topic... Hey OP! I play DotA 2 and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Its made by Valve. Nuff said.
Do you play Dota 1 as well?

I haven't got a beta key for dota 2 so I can't play D:

I need people to play Dota 1 that aren't random people who totally kick ass at it

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by Zzzonked90
Anyone who bashes DotA and then admits to playing or prefering League of Legends is kidding themselves. LoL is a joke.

On topic... Hey OP! I play DotA 2 and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Its made by Valve. Nuff said.

Well it's hard to take anything called 'lol' seriously...

Another dota 2 question:

Dota 1 still gets updated every now and then and they throw in a new hero, do they add those into dota 2 as well? I'm referring to Phoenix, Rubick, Legion Commander and Shredder, I think those are the newest guys.
Rubick got added last week. The next patch is going to have Luna and Wisp.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by beadhangingOne
Count me in, but I'm banned from a couple of prominent bots/hosts lol...

We can play on Hamachi

Quote by Våd Hamster

So Luna and Io have been added, which is exciting. I've always been a big fan of Luna, but I play best as carry, so that's to be expected. I've never actually played as Io, since he was introduced to Dota 1 after I stopped playing.

Should anybody wish to add me on Steam, my name there is the same as it is here.
Does anyone think we could start up a couple of UG teams?

Quote by Våd Hamster

Yeah, that sounds like it could be awesome. Gaiad, Yawnses (shaggydogJV), GoxGetterxGuy, and I have already been playing together, so with a couple more people we could have a full 5-man team plus a few others so there's always someone to play with.
Are you on dota 1 or 2?

Quote by Våd Hamster

Just played Mirana for the first time, destroyed the other team, she's really fun.
Quote by lolmnt
I played Syllabear and he's pretty epic. Although a little weak when you give all your damage to your bear D:

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by behind_you
Too busy playing LoL to play this.

LoL is inferior. Get to DotA and be the fifth that our UG team needs.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
LoL is a piece of shit; don't even mention that garbage here. Dota master race.
Quote by Avedas
LoL is a piece of shit; don't even mention that garbage here. Dota master race.

Pretty much what the OP should say.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by Avedas
LoL is a piece of shit; don't even mention that garbage here.

^^^
I've been playing on and off for a few years now. Recently I've been playing quite a bit of Dota 1.

I'm only good at Tinker. I've learned a couple of other heroes and managed to win, but that's probably because I'm playing against AI. I like to think I do pretty well with Invoker too, but I'm probably not using him to his fullest potential.
Last edited by triface at Jul 7, 2012,
I play DotA 2.

Viper!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
I play DotA 2.

Viper!

I play mostly carries and I find Viper to be the biggest piece of shit I have ever played as in lane. Poison harass is way too powerful.
I've never not raped everyone's shit as Viper in like 8 games.
Quote by lolmnt
How do y'all niggaz play your Invoker? I think exort build is way too much fun and gives great pushing and lane control, but quas/wex is probably more useful in teamfights and ganking. Also I really have no idea what to build on him other than like... drum, force staff, scepter etc.
I don't because I'm beyond terrible with him.
Quote by lolmnt
Damn, I feel like I can actually manage his spells (except Ice Wall which is a piece of shit) and forge spirit micro is pretty easy, but I've only ever played him in bot matches because he is complicated as fuck in team fights.
I usually just use like Cold Snap or Sun Strike, and focus on harassing more with his right click since it can be really strong.
Quote by lolmnt
Yeah I'll rush 4 quas 4 exort for the double forge spirits (with invoke at 2 and 7) then grab a level of wex later. I love how you can actually get easy kills at level 3 with just Cold Snap and auto attacks.
Yeah, when I see someone on the other team pick Invoker I just say "welp, support or initiator this game", because I don't like to play against him. Last time I played against him I did decently as Mirana. Those golems are real assholes.

How much time do you have to play? We should play more.
Quote by lolmnt
Not at my skill level apparently.
Quote by lolmnt