Page 3 of 472
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Yeah, when I see someone on the other team pick Invoker I just say "welp, support or initiator this game", because I don't like to play against him. Last time I played against him I did decently as Mirana. Those golems are real assholes.

How much time do you have to play? We should play more.

I'll be done midterms in a few days so after that if I'm home I'm usually good to play.
Quote by beefcake122
I didn't realize it was still 2005.

Bitches don't know about Dota2
I build Quas for the HP regen and Cold Snap for easy laning and try to get all 3 orbs by level 7 for flexibility with one Wex for Ghost Walk at around level 3 just in case. After Quas I go for Exort.

Early game laning is very defensive because I don't have a proper nuke and the HP regen from Quas, but by the time Exort is high level enough, Cold Snap + Meteor still does enough damage usually for potential quick kills. After that I just do whatever. I usually leave Wex for last because I like to spam nukes.

I honestly have no idea what to do in team fights. I just throw out all my AOE nukes and hope for the best. Works fine most of the time against the AIs.

I usually get 1 bracer, 1 void stone and rush scepter and guinsoo.

I'd probably get destroyed in a real game.
Last edited by triface at Jul 8, 2012,
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I've never not raped everyone's shit as Viper in like 8 games.

Shadow Fiend would rape a Viper
Windrunner would rape a viper
Pirate would rape a viper
Blood Seeker....

the list goes on
I'm not saying viper is bad but to say unbeatable is blasphemy.
I think nukers counter him well enough mid. I had a lot of trouble with a Tinker one game.
Tinker is as close to uncounterable as you can get in a solo mid
A few heroes can do well but at best you get an even match up

Really beating a tinker comes down to
A) A set of wards to take every rune
or
B) Rune luck

A bottle whoring tinker will **** you over so hard.
Force Staff is officially my favorite item ever.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I pushed you into their whole team and you ate a Sven stun to the dick
Quote by lolmnt
Templar Assassin get soon. Awwwww yeah. Finally an assassin I may be able to play.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
I was actually just searching for a DotA thread cause I figured at least someone on here's bound to have heard of it.

Didn't read every page, but since somebody mentioned tips or whatever, the vast majority of my playing time over the last two years has been in scrims and tournaments so I like to think I know what I'm doing. Of course everyone in the game thinks they know what they're doing so that's a fairly irrelevant point. If you want to talk about the game and theorycrafting in general that's cool too.

Whoever wanted a beta key, I have three accounts if you want one.

Also, anyone who makes fun of people for playing either HoN or LoL (I've never played either, if it helps this point), that's stupid as hell. The community's shitty enough already, and people who think other players are objectively worse because they've played a different game are ridiculous.
Last edited by :-D at Jul 15, 2012,
I suck at DotA 2.

Get my ass kicked, every god damn time, unless I have a good team.
R/DedIT
The Glitch Mob

Arkasia

Tool

Quote by madbasslover
I'd pay four bucks to have those 6 balls stuffed in my mouth.
At least admitting you're not a good player separates you from the giant portion of the community with similar skill and a completely unjustified ego.
The biggest tip for new players in Dota for me is don't play a carry, because at least three people on your team will pick a carry.
Quote by lolmnt
Usually you can at least count on the opposing team comp to be equally as awful.

The game's full of "carry players" so it's a pretty surefire bet.
My favorite is when the team of 5 nukers/supports beats the team of 5 carries.
What are you talking about? TA is simple... broken and simple. probably the biggest pubstomp carry ever. her pure damage splash is disgustingly ridiculous
Yes, but most people screw her up amazingly.

Also, since the Psi Blades spill seems to have been done by the same geniuses who programmed Shackleshot's angles, it now requires about 10% of the attention to positioning that it did in DotA 1, which makes me sad.
Anyone know why I always get stuck on the loading screen after I find a party in DotA 2?
Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all.
Are you talking about the red screen with the Dota logo on it or the in-game load screen?

The dev forum's probably seen it before and should have an answer as well.
Quote by :-D
Yes, but most people screw her up amazingly.

What do people do that's so bad? I've only played her a couple times but she's a lot of fun.
Well, it's just that the play style is so vastly different from a ton of other heroes that people are clueless. Most of the problem is just in laning, because they don't try to abuse Psi Blades on every hit or use Refraction properly. After that they'll generally they'll screw up the Refract->Blink->Meld combo and break the invisibility before getting the attack benefits, or they'll lay traps too close to one another and activate the wrong one. Also they don't generally level up the ult past 1 until they hit level 24, which in my opinion is a pretty huge mistake in most cases. I don't know what it is, but combining Refract, Meld, Blink and Traps seems to be too much for people to process.

That's not to mention the people who get some sort of agi or damage item before getting a Blink and just play her as an afk hero.
Well, it's just that the play style is so vastly different from a ton of other heroes that people are clueless. Most of the problem is just in laning, because they don't try to abuse Psi Blades on every hit or use Refraction properly. After that they'll generally they'll screw up the Refract->Blink->Meld combo and break the invisibility before getting the attack benefits, or they'll lay traps too close to one another and activate the wrong one. Also they don't generally level up the ult past 1 until they hit level 24, which in my opinion is a pretty huge mistake in most cases. I don't know what it is, but combining Refract, Meld, Blink and Traps seems to be too much for people to process.

That's not to mention the people who get some sort of agi or damage item before getting a Blink and just play her as an afk hero.

Hmm well I don't make any of those mistakes (although my use of Refraction could use practice) so I guess I'm not the worst of the worst. One of my favorite things about TA is how she doesn't need a damage/agi item very early and just having blink secures so many kills.
Yeah, it's also nice if the opposing team doesn't really have any DOT skills that take off Refraction instances so you can max Meld/Psi after taking one level. Once you get a blink and maybe Phase or Medallion or whatever you want, you can pretty much two-shot anybody on the map, so you're basically killing everything from 10-12 minutes onward.

She's a really good snowball hero so by that point most mm players just give up.
Sweet, a Dota thread.

Switched to dota from lol recently. Haven't tried TA yet because I was told she had a different play style to other mids. I mainly jungle with Naix or Ursa.

My steam name is the same as my UG name. There is a group of 3 or 4 people who I play with regularly but we never have enough people for a full team.
OSCILLATE WILDLY!
If we get enough people in the thread we could probably get a ih group together. I've primarily solo queued my mm games and that really takes a mental toll, so it'd be nice to have an option other than mm if I'm not playing with a team on a given night.

Who would be interested?
Yeah, it's also nice if the opposing team doesn't really have any DOT skills that take off Refraction instances so you can max Meld/Psi after taking one level. Once you get a blink and maybe Phase or Medallion or whatever you want, you can pretty much two-shot anybody on the map, so you're basically killing everything from 10-12 minutes onward.

She's a really good snowball hero so by that point most mm players just give up.

I really like phase on her. But should I get blink before finishing phase? Or is it just situational?
If we get enough people in the thread we could probably get a ih group together. I've primarily solo queued my mm games and that really takes a mental toll, so it'd be nice to have an option other than mm if I'm not playing with a team on a given night.

Who would be interested?

I would be up for that but I have no idea what a 'ih group' is.
OSCILLATE WILDLY!
Yeah, like anything I'll give you the usual bullshit "situational" answer.

I'm a huge fan of Phase on her for the same reason I'm a fan of Phase on NS and PA: she doesn't need to hit fast initially, she just needs to hit hard. Generally I'd rather finish the Phase first personally, just because it'll give you a ton more lane presence and Phase + Trap is actually a pretty secure kill in a lot of instances where you can catch a solo hero out. If you want to get a Blink first because you're farming really well and you just want to secure the item that's fine, but in most instances I'd opt for the Phase first.

There's no problem with getting the Blink while you just have regular boots, but the Phase just makes you a more self-sufficient hero.

@above: ih = inhouse

I'll just keep a list here, if we get at least 10 the group can work.
1. :-D
2. DimebagLivesOn
3. Smeghead64
4. MAC2322
5. Gaiad
6. Avedas
7. ShaggydogJV
Last edited by :-D at Jul 16, 2012,
I'm usually down to play with a few people off and on throughout the day. My steam is einface, feel free to add me.

I usually play off-carries, supports and initiators, I can play a few carries, though.
Quote by lolmnt
I'll make a big wonderful list in that post to see if we have enough interest to start a group.

Don't worry about roles too much, everybody obviously has preferences but one of the best features of an inhouse is that you'll get exposed to everything and improve at all of it. Also you'll get experience drafting/contributing to drafting which is helpful.
You can count me in as part of the group. Keeps me from having to play with frustratingly inept pubbers. Not that I'm the greatest player ever, but at least I try to work with my team.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Oi, include me too. I'm still not that great at the game, but I'm getting there.
Check out my lyrics! (C4C)

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
No problem, don't worry about not being the greatest or anything. I'm actually generally happier to teach stuff to newer players because they're more receptive; in my experience, once they reach a certain point, people I've taught have basically known too much for their own good and the ego immediately goes through the roof.
Sign me up. I've played a lot of LoL but I'm still quite new to dota.