Page 66 of 472
what do you usually get after boots? i've just been building pipe and other items would be like force staff and urn. no idea what else to build. scepter seems ok if the game goes late.
that's pretty much what i go, i started getting pipe in most games a while back simply cause i was tired of losing after doing well and having my team proceed to get rickrolled in every fight cause of no pipe/mek/anything useful etc. so i still get that in most cases unless there's somebody else who carries it better and is actually buying it

other than that force/urn/scepter are pretty much the main ones i stick to, occasional variations are heart/rad/ac or shiva's

also if your team is a usual team, buy your own wards and if you're intelligent/creative with placing them they'll pay for themselves ten times over
Quote by :-D
i'm still upset dotabuff doesn't display my proud pudge winrate properly cause of those two games where someone left within 2 minutes

**** life

I've had a stream of games where someone left within 2 seconds.
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
I've had a stream of games where someone left within 2 seconds.

those are fine since as long as they abandon before first blood or a tower is destroyed, the game doesn't count
Quote by Avedas
those are fine since as long as they abandon before first blood or a tower is destroyed, the game doesn't count

It was still annoying when you didn't realize it didn't count. Now I just leave because usually they drag on forever.
Theres a guy named Purge on youtube that is pretty informative. I don't know if he's insanely good but thats who I occasionally look up when I first try out a champion.
^^nice link derp

purge is ok. he's made a few very odd choices in some of his videos, but it's not the biggest deal if you're new
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
I will defend ancients with you, but I'm bad.

that's okay, i will add you tomorrow and we can stack with 4 people so it will be fine anyway

as for casts let's see.

purge has okay guides for new players but in terms of actually listening to him cast i'd rather watch another man's erection slowly rise to its peak height than endure purge

sheever is horrendous, let's move on

joindota's the #1 place in terms of activity and tobi's very good at actually talking rather than most casters' awkward pauses and going with the flow of the game - his actual game knowledge is kinda lackluster though, so look for casts where he's with a well-known player to balance this out

epi has done some stuff recently on joindota but he's terrible as well

as far as southeast asia and general asian dota's concerned, bts is the one good non-asian source for it: http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit or vods at http://www.youtube.com/ user/ GoDzStudios (take out the spaces, i added them so the stupid embedding shit doesn't go nuts here)

ayesee and draskyl are my favorite casting duo by far but they don't cast together anymore (that i know of) since draskyl moved to sweden, older vods can be found at http://www.own3d.tv/Ayesee or http://www.twitch.tv/onemoregametv2 and other places if you just google their names, they also casted stuff together from ti2

draskyl moved to sweden to be with 2gd and gd studio which is also good, you can google "thegdstudio" cause i don't remember where their free vods are

neodota covers a lot of nadota stuff and some european games as well: http://www.twitch.tv/neodota

those are the ones i can think of offhand but it's more than enough to keep you going for a while and decide who sucks and who doesn't
I just had a team where bot fed to a solo lane weevil (sniper+skeleton king), mid fed jericho and jungle axe wrecked us even when I warded his camps and told people when he was going to gank. Good thing my lane partner liked to push the lane nonstop and then go play musical lanes.
^lol, not to mention jericho

and for the love of god sheever is absolute ass. i hate her voice, i hate her casting, i hate her playing, and i hate how every popular streamer plays with her and i have to put up with all of the above if i want to watch them.
xD girl gamer it's cute when she fucks up and is absolutely terrible in general xDDDDD
God dammit. Is there anyway to prevent playing with a certain player? The past 4 games I've had the same 2 twats in my game. Which, would be fine normally. Except they suck, and do nothing but flame others. And I'm talking boots first riki kind of suck.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by shaggydogJV
God dammit. Is there anyway to prevent playing with a certain player? The past 4 games I've had the same 2 twats in my game. Which, would be fine normally. Except they suck, and do nothing but flame others. And I'm talking boots first riki kind of suck.

Report them or something, I don't know.
boner

sheever's also the classic "support player", under 50% win rate np i'm a support people don't carry me

it's okay if i die because i'm playing support

xD ^_^ <3
I'm ok with this. Shredder seems more fun to play to me.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Played Lion for the first time today. I've always avoided him because he is an ugly little git, but his mana stealing ability is fun as hell as a harass.
Quote by shaggydogJV
I'm ok with this. Shredder seems more fun to play to me.

i'll find out now, i never played him in dota 1 cause he was released in a 4 hero patch that i vehemently objected to

let's see.
Quote by TunerAddict
Played Lion for the first time today. I've always avoided him because he is an ugly little git, but his mana stealing ability is fun as hell as a harass.

Appearance shouldn't matter unless you're a lol player. I only say that because even a good portion the league of legends community agrees that they make all their characters all pretty and boring because no one played their uglier characters (i.e. urgot when he use to be OP)
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Dec 12, 2012,
I looked up his old model and I kinda like his new model. The double chin makes him a bit more repulsive and fits his character better in my opinion.