Page 4 of 6
I saw this on 9gag the other day:

Reading that literally put a smile on my face.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

At work one day, an older guy came up to me and asked why I had long hair. I explained to him that it's because I'm growing it out to donate to a child cancer victim. He didn't understand at first and went on a rant on how guys shouldn't have long hair, it isn't masculine, and asked if my parents are proud of me and told me I don't want to be like one of those weirdos who wants to be a girl.

It hurt at the time, but two days later he came back specifically to apologize to me. He told me he didn't really understand the donation thing and I told him how they use donated hair to make wigs to children who are undergoing chemotherapy. I told him how if I have to get made fun of for my long hair, I'll accept it because that means that a little girl who just won the battle with cancer can go to school and go out in public without people laughing and making fun of her.

He admitted that it's a nice thing to do, and took back everything he said. It takes a lot for someone to do that so I respect him and my faith in humanity was restored.
Quote by willT08
Well I guess it's okay for 10 year olds. But adults do it as well, at which point it does become silly.

You know, some adults grow their hair out and shave it off and their hair is used to make wigs for those who are self conscious about their baldness from treatments bringing attention to the fact that they have cancer and are dying. Personally, I think that's actually pretty cool and if I were a cancer patient, I wouldn't want the potentially last remaining moments of my life being focused on the fact that I nay lose my battle with a disease. I would rather create an atmosphere of happiness and make my potential final moments as enjoyable as possible. Having said that, I don't think it's silly at all. I think it's another example of how some people would do something from the heart for a complete stranger they've never met.

Faith in humanity restored.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by Twist of fate
At work one day, an older guy came up to me and asked why I had long hair. I explained to him that it's because I'm growing it out to donate to a child cancer victim. He didn't understand at first and went on a rant on how guys shouldn't have long hair, it isn't masculine, and asked if my parents are proud of me and told me I don't want to be like one of those weirdos who wants to be a girl.

It hurt at the time, but two days later he came back specifically to apologize to me. He told me he didn't really understand the donation thing and I told him how they use donated hair to make wigs to children who are undergoing chemotherapy. I told him how if I have to get made fun of for my long hair, I'll accept it because that means that a little girl who just won the battle with cancer can go to school and go out in public without people laughing and making fun of her.

He admitted that it's a nice thing to do, and took back everything he said. It takes a lot for someone to do that so I respect him and my faith in humanity was restored.

This has inspired me. I want to do the same. Does the hair have to be a particular length?
Quote by Twist of fate

You were just yanking his chain though, right?
Quote by FryingNemo

Faith Restoration Aborted.

It shouldn't be funny but I laughed damnit
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by kurt_cobain9
You know, some adults grow their hair out and shave it off and their hair is used to make wigs for those who are self conscious about their baldness from treatments bringing attention to the fact that they have cancer and are dying. Personally, I think that's actually pretty cool and if I were a cancer patient, I wouldn't want the potentially last remaining moments of my life being focused on the fact that I nay lose my battle with a disease. I would rather create an atmosphere of happiness and make my potential final moments as enjoyable as possible. Having said that, I don't think it's silly at all. I think it's another example of how some people would do something from the heart for a complete stranger they've never met.

Faith in humanity restored.

That wasn't the situation we were talking about. But I'm sure we'll get 5 posts complaining about derailing the thread if I respond so I'll quickly re-iterate that I have no issue with people giving their hair to charity.
Quote by willT08
That wasn't the situation we were talking about. But I'm sure we'll get 5 posts complaining about derailing the thread if I respond so I'll quickly re-iterate that I have no issue with people giving their hair to charity.

It's no different. they're still shaving their heads for moral support of someone else.

OT: http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2012/06/jim-carrey-calls-it-quits-on-dumb-and-dumber-seque.html

Quote by palm mute
It shouldn't be funny but I laughed damnit

Heartless bastard

Wait, I just nearly raged that you find it funny a dog is being rescued from the water, I looked at it backwards
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
Last edited by Nick92Slayer at Jul 8, 2012,
This.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by Thrill-house

wow. that actually really made my day.

Quote by Eruption1991

You bastard! You just reminded me how many books I've leant out and not got back.
SMILE!
Quote by Twist of fate

While I agree that was a remarkable thing he did, I have to ask, where the hell do you live that people come up to you and make fun of you for having long hair in this day and age?

I think I'd be more likely to be made fun of for having a completely shaved head than having long hair.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhl9MLno424

This young man made me cry. Such a sweet man.

aw man i totally lost it on this one
Quote by Scruff17
Kiss a guy and tell her it means nothing to you. Then die a little inside knowing that it did.

Flippin Tables
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
Quote by Eruption1991

I went to Catholic school and that just sounds ridiculous/made up tbh.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
this is a fantastic thread
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by Godsmack_IV

i liked this post. but i noticed your sig. why do i have to pay some guy $25 to stand on the corner and tie balloons for kids for tips? thats not free market
A few years ago around here, a woman saw a toddler fall off of a cliff. She jumped off after him, grabbed him midair, and threw him back onto the cliff.
Quote by MakinLattes
A few years ago around here, a woman saw a toddler fall off of a cliff. She jumped off after him, grabbed him midair, and threw him back onto the cliff.

Proof?
your story wasnt exact, but im glad she had the instinct to do that

my mom was at target the other day and got back to her car after some shopping and noticed a van moving. she peeked in and saw two little kids sitting in this locked van without any windows down in the 90 plus degree heat. my mom asked if they were alright and they said they were really hot. so my mom waited there for a few minutes in case something bad happened. after 10 minutes she tried to get ahold of mall security to find the parents and let them know their kids are roasting in their car. after mall security not responding she got worried and called the police. the kids had to have been in there almost a half hour. she called the police and said there have been two kids trapped in a car and they said theyre getting really hot and the parents havent come back. its illegal to do that, people get arrested for leaving their animals in closed cars on hot days.
then the parent came back, she was this big lady with a bandana and absolutely flipped out on my mom. cursed her out, and opened up her back seat and threw ice cubes at my mom and her car. threatened her and drove away. the after like 5 minutes the cop came, and all the cop said was i could have stolen those kids and gotten away with it then left.

yeah... quite the opposite of this thread lol
but how can your kids be such a distraction to your shopping you have to lock them in your car in the middle of summer to shop for half an hour?
Quote by hendrixfreak93

that was brilliant...

my contribution.

he Black Saturday bushfires[7] were a series of bushfires that ignited or were burning across the Australian state of Victoria on and around Saturday, 7 February 2009. The fires occurred during extreme bushfire-weather conditions, and resulted in Australia's highest ever loss of life from a bushfire;[8] 173 people died[5][9] and 414 were injured as a result of the fires.

As many as 400 individual fires were recorded on 7 February. Following the events of 7 February 2009 and its aftermath, that day has become widely referred to as Black Saturday.

this was part of the fires. a burnt koala, and a fireman.
the media got hold of this and lapped it up.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

I just don't understand how this is a bad thing at all.

Because it's more self-aggrandizement for the person doing it than for the cancer patient.

It is no different than "Show your support by re-posting this as your status.." on facebook, signing pointless/useless online petitions, or watching Kony 2012 videos..

It's "slacktivism". Pointless "feel-good" measures, in support of an issue or social cause, that have little or no practical effect other than to make the person doing it feel satisfaction.
Quote by Thrill-house
Seeing this kid stand up to his bully made me feel better. Click here

*The kid in the gray shirt does not want to fight*

Reading through the comments and finding this one

"If anybody gonna have sex with my sister it gonna be me that theres my girl kleatiss!"

A bit... random?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by ErikLensherr
I went to Catholic school and that just sounds ridiculous/made up tbh.

It's from 9Gag. In all likelihood, it is.
Quote by Twist of fate

Should have told him he was a cunt and you're allowed to grow your hair regardless of reason.
Quote by FryingNemo
It's from 9Gag. In all likelihood, it is.

Not made up at all. Pretty much every private school in my city is like that, with a long list of books that are banned for awful, obscure reasons.

Now my contribution:

I saw this the other day on the way to the store on my bike - a real good Samaritan story:

A man was stopped on the side of the road and out of gas. Some redneck guys pulled up and started harassing him, when two Mormon missionaries came up and asked what they could do to help, completely ignoring the assholes who soon left. They then went up to the gas station about two miles up the road and brought they guy back some gas, who thanked them and sat down to listen to their speech about Mormonism. I'm pretty sure the guy was Baptist because most people are here.

The world needs more random acts of kindness.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
i liked this post. but i noticed your sig. why do i have to pay some guy $25 to stand on the corner and tie balloons for kids for tips? thats not free market

huh? where do you live? North Korea?